Post Match Leicester 4 Tottenham 1

VAR is shambolic and made up game by game, Barnes looked onside when they showed the lines at the KP after it was ruled out.... Chelsea should of had a penalty when soucek blatantly used his hand to stop a goal, VAR is no better than just having Refs
It’s because it still comes down to one person’s opinion. One person decides where the line should be drawn for offside. One person unfathomably decided that Soucek handling the ball wasn’t a penalty. Supposedly because his arm was supporting his body as he fell. Don’t know about you, but I can’t think of a time when my arm wasn’t supporting my body.

The notion, as we were told by many, that all decisions would be black and white and 100% correct once VAR came in, was always ridiculous and never going to be the case.

Still waiting for Brown Nose's analysis? Where are you BN?

Spurs were absolutely appalling defensively. We started poorly (again) but, just like at Villa, going behind seemed to wake us up.

Maddison and Iheanacho were outstanding against them. They just didn't have a clue how to mark them and so both players essentially took the piss.

We are playing like a side coming out of a really poor spell where confidence was battered. Barnes was a perfect example of this. Some of the things he did were dreadful and yet he did that dummy run behind in the first half and seemed to grow about a foot as a player from it. He was as good in the second half as I've seen him for ages.

The impact of Kristiansen is immense. He's easily the best of the new signings so far. Souttar and Tete were meh.

Ward still scares the shit out of me. Castagne is still playing like a twat. Dewsbury-Hall is way off it too. But there is a passion and a desire that carries us a long way.

Rodgers has quite clearly suspended a lot of his tactical nuances. His determination to do certain things that stifle us against mediocre opponents bore me senseless. The players seem to be liberated from it all just now. They're just enjoying themselves. If we stop titting about, we're a good side.

It’s because it still comes down to one person’s opinion. One person decides where the line should be drawn for offside. One person unfathomably decided that Soucek handling the ball wasn’t a penalty. Supposedly because his arm was supporting his body as he fell. Don’t know about you, but I can’t think of a time when my arm wasn’t supporting my body.

The notion, as we were told by many, that all decisions would be black and white and 100% correct once VAR came in, was always ridiculous and never going to be the case.
The technology is fine but we have a bunch of muppets operating it.

The spirit of it is to correct very obvious mistakes - I.e. mistaken identity, blatant offsides etc.

But it’s being used for a referee in a studio overruling the opinion of a ref on the pitch, because his opinion is different. And it’s used to see if an attacking players right bollock is offside. It’s ridiculous and is ruining the game.

I still think there should be a 15 second time limit for offsides. If it can’t be seen in that amount of time, give the goal and play on ffs.

Make the line thicker. Run the line through the strikers hips and if any part of the defenders body is on the line, it is onside.

But it’s being used for a referee in a studio overruling the opinion of a ref on the pitch, because his opinion is different.

The ref on the pitch makes the final decision for things where the ref's opinion comes into it.

VAR only makes the final decision on things like offsides, whether an offence occurs inside the penalty area, or whether the ball's gone out of play.

The ref on the pitch makes the final decision for things where the ref's opinion comes into it.

VAR only makes the final decision on things like offsides, whether an offence occurs inside the penalty area, or whether the ball's gone out of play.
I would like to see the pitch ref’s go with their own decision more rather than changing every time they get told to go to the screens.

How many times have you seen the ref make the right decision, and then change his mind after looking at the screen?
Define right decision. The opinion of a different ref in a studio?

If the rule is, any part of the defender is nearer to the goal than any part of the attacker then the goal should have stood.

It is not a matter of opinion it is a fact from the lines drawn.

Yesterday it was a simple case of the line being in the wrong position and whoever is behind the decision making at the time didnt have the common sense to realise that the line should have been lined up with the far defender's head rather than Dier's knee. Maybe they have a strict rule of going on what's presented and aren't allowed to apply any common sense. Personally I think the technology is fine, it's just the same stupid ****s behind it..... so many VAR issues across the weekend's games yesterday and all of it was basically human error.

Rodgers has quite clearly suspended a lot of his tactical nuances. His determination to do certain things that stifle us against mediocre opponents bore me senseless. The players seem to be liberated from it all just now. They're just enjoying themselves. If we stop titting about, we're a good side.
This is one of my pet hates with Brendan.
He drops all his super clever shit and we start playing brilliantly. Then, he starts thinking he’s a genius and starts introducing the shit again.

As I’ve said elsewhere, the only manager that consistently outfoxes Brendan is Brendan.

Spurs were absolutely appalling defensively. We started poorly (again) but, just like at Villa, going behind seemed to wake us up.

Maddison and Iheanacho were outstanding against them. They just didn't have a clue how to mark them and so both players essentially took the piss.

We are playing like a side coming out of a really poor spell where confidence was battered. Barnes was a perfect example of this. Some of the things he did were dreadful and yet he did that dummy run behind in the first half and seemed to grow about a foot as a player from it. He was as good in the second half as I've seen him for ages.

The impact of Kristiansen is immense. He's easily the best of the new signings so far. Souttar and Tete were meh.

Ward still scares the shit out of me. Castagne is still playing like a twat. Dewsbury-Hall is way off it too. But there is a passion and a desire that carries us a long way.

Bang on. Slightly harsh on Souttar.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564