Post Match Leicester 4 Tottenham 1

I think that there was a failure of the technology this weekend. Too many errors, too many odd delays.

It felt like there was a software update that just buggered up the system.

BBC Garth Crooks Team Of the week:

Wout Faes (Leicester City)​

The tackle by Faes on Harry Kane during Leicester's win over Tottenham was as emphatic as it was brilliant. Kane knew that if he had attempted to try to win the ball, he would have been nursing a sore ankle for some time.

In the days of yesteryear, strikers such as Chelsea's Ian Hutchinson or the great Peter Osgood, and a good many others, sacrificed themselves on the altar of hubris, vendettas and chasing lost causes. They have been replaced by those who work by the motto: Pick your battles - you'll play longer.

This was a tackle of such precision by and magnitude by Faes that it not only won Leicester the ball but created a goal out of nothing. Best tackle I've seen in years.

Crooks ended his Kelichi piece saying.... If Conte were to leave Spurs at the end of the season, they could do much worse than installing Rodgers at the helm in his place.

BBC Garth Crooks Team Of the week:

Wout Faes (Leicester City)​

The tackle by Faes on Harry Kane during Leicester's win over Tottenham was as emphatic as it was brilliant. Kane knew that if he had attempted to try to win the ball, he would have been nursing a sore ankle for some time.

In the days of yesteryear, strikers such as Chelsea's Ian Hutchinson or the great Peter Osgood, and a good many others, sacrificed themselves on the altar of hubris, vendettas and chasing lost causes. They have been replaced by those who work by the motto: Pick your battles - you'll play longer.

This was a tackle of such precision by and magnitude by Faes that it not only won Leicester the ball but created a goal out of nothing. Best tackle I've seen in years.

Crooks ended his Kelichi piece saying.... If Conte were to leave Spurs at the end of the season, they could do much worse than installing Rodgers at the helm in his place.
There is no way on this earth or any of its infinite parallels that Garth ****ing Crooks wrote this

I, very randomly, met Garth Crooks once in a record store I was working at in Charlotte, North Carolina. I think he was gobsmacked anyone recognised him.

Was dead nice and we had a right old natter. His footballing opinions are a bit crap though, aren’t they?

Good story that, going in the memoir that I’ll have ghostwritten by Savages bloke.

The problem isn't the technology, it's the people operating the technology.

Interesting to read about the Spurs goal which was subject to a lengthy VAR check.

Apparently it was only allowed to stand because of the tolerance newly added - basically it was too close a call to disallow. If offside was automated, as it is becoming more widely, the goal would be disallowed.

Interesting to read about the Spurs goal which was subject to a lengthy VAR check.

Apparently it was only allowed to stand because of the tolerance newly added - basically it was too close a call to disallow. If offside was automated, as it is becoming more widely, the goal would be disallowed.
Tolerance is surely the key. I totally appreciate that offside is in theory a matter of fact, but the reality is that it relies on human judgement (either with a flag or by drawing lines), which means it isn’t then necessarily a fact.

Yep. Their goal was as dodgy as the Barnes disallowed goal.

Yep. Their goal was as dodgy as the Barnes disallowed goal.

I had no idea of the rule.

In the stadium, I saw the ball come off Kristiansen and couldn't comprehend the delay in allowing the goal.

Now I know that Kristiansen was considered to be making a 'save' much like a goalkeeper so his touch was irrelevant.

Define right decision. The opinion of a different ref in a studio?
No and no. The right decision is the one that is correct. Opinion is where things get blurry.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I read the other day that we are the first team in PL history to score 3 first half goals after going a goal down in back to back games. Quirky little fact, but just thought I'd mention it.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I read the other day that we are the first team in PL history to score 3 first half goals after going a goal down in back to back games. Quirky little fact, but just thought I'd mention it.
What a strange stat. Thank you

This is the sort of shit they say on TV punditry when they have **** all to say and the game is crap, it's normally when I hit the mute button.

This is the sort of shit they say on TV punditry when they have **** all to say and the game is crap, it's normally when I hit the mute button.
Only after they've mentioned Man Utd and Liverpool half a dozen times (even though they aren't playing) and about Sav being at his Nan's, when.....

Only after they've mentioned Man Utd and Liverpool half a dozen times (even though they aren't playing) and about Sav being at his Nan's, when.....
I haven’t bought any of your books yet. Is there anything as exciting as Sav’s story in them?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563