Post Match Leicester 4 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal against Bumley definitely gave us a different Barnes tonight. Made the right choices and looked like he enjoyed playing.

Agree completely.
Apart from one two many dummies when taking possession might have had more effect....

Amazing what a single set of results can do. Our lead over 5th is looking a close as is possible at this stage of the season to unassailable.

Introducing pre-match Micky and post match Micky.
They say that at the exact midpoint between two games he goes out into the moonlight and shapeshifts between pre and post match Micky.

Glad Ted thinks it's Vardy's arse that was the problem and not something more serious.

Agree completely.
Apart from one two many dummies when taking possession might have had more effect....

Yeah that wasnt great. After the first or second i was more annoyed there wasn't anyone else anticipating the dummy though.

This side can challenge for the title next season so long as we keep players and add quality. Think about how inexperienced this squad is in parts.

Ricardo - 2nd season at LCFC
Soyuncu - 1st full season at LCFC - 23 years old
Chilwell - 2nd full season at LCFC - 23 years old

Maddison 2nd season at LCFC - 23 years old
Tielemans - 1st full season at LCFC - 22 years old
Barnes- 1st full season at LCFC - 22 years old
Perez- 1st season at LCFC
N'Didi - 23 years old
Hamza - 22 years old
Kelechi - 23 years old

Then we have our backbone of Kasper, Evans, Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton all of whom have won Premier League titles and played in the Champions League.

This project will take a little time. If we finish this season strongly then we can take that momentum into next. I'd much rather have this blip of form now than at the end of the campaign. Let's hope it's finished now!

That was ****ing excellent

Yes, I know they were an embarrassment of a team, but we were ****ing excellent

Barnes best ever game by far - probably say the same about Perez, who has a fabulous understanding with Nacho. Back four excellent, particularly that complete and utter bastard Chilwell, who we all hate because he took Fuchs’ position. Tielemans superb at times. Maddison a bit meh, but that shot was lovely

I thought Mendy also looked very good but, good grief, when Wilf set foot on the pitch he looked a complete giant of a player

We were right on it from the off - if the truly hopeless ref hadn’t called for an insane penalty we’d have won by two or three more

In your face, everyone

Great performance tonight, played some lovely stuff at times but still felt we looked a bit vulnerable defensively when West Ham had a spell early in the second half. Maybe that's nerves after recent results. Tielemans was my MoM tonight. Played some superb passes, in some recent games he's been guilty of being very sloppy in that regard but back to his best tonight.

Loads of top performances out there tonight, but I’d like to single out Youri for praise. He was quality and was back to making us tick, passing between the lines to get Maddison, Perez and Ricardo the ball further up the pitch. Lovely stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263