Post Match Leicester 6 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No striker problem here, oh no.

Stunning performance, every goal was a delight. Too many excellent individuals for me to comment on them all.

What an absolutely glorious game of football.

Wood, Nugent, James and especially Knockaert were all sublime. The finish for Knockaert's second was one of the best I've ever seen live, looked like it was going about 5 yards wide but curled back in round the keeper Roberto Carlos-esque. Wood's second was also brilliant, the link up play between him and Nugent for it was fantastic, one touch counter attacking football at its best.

Nugent and Wood just seemed to click perfectly, they seemed to suit each other's game perfectly. I know it's only one game, but this has the potential to be one hell of a strike force for us.
So Nugent is off then..... Sorry, that just reminded me of the Sunderland mauling in Collywobbles home debut

Rake my face off that was fun, eerily quiet, but fun! James was superb... They all were actually, so,....

Rake my face off that was fun, eerily quiet, but fun! James was superb... They all were actually, so,....
Not wrong, that had to be the quietest home game this season. At one point I shouted out "Come on Leicester" and some people actually turned to look at me! :081:

Not wrong, that had to be the quietest home game this season. At one point I shouted out "Come on Leicester" and some people actually turned to look at me! :081:

I would put that down to 80% of the crowd being hungover or very hungover.

TFLS isn't on tonight is it? I had the same thought, desperate to see the goals!

Heard Knocky's was a 'magical finish'.

What a result and start for Wood!

They were on Sky Sports earlier, am sure they'll be showing them again...

Some excellent performances today.

De Laet was the best I've seen him. Keane gave me more confidence alongside Morgan than Whitbread and Moore ever have. It was the first time I've seen James put a proper shift in and his performance was enough to make me feel that King needs to get used to bench warming for the next few games. Knockaert finally gave a performance that suggested that his occasional touches of magic may become more than that. His second goal was especially lovely.

Up front, I was frustrated with inability to play to Wood's strengths at times. He made several excellent runs only to be ignored by the player in possession. However, his second goal was top drawer link up play between him and Nugent. Against Cardiff, I commented that we didn't have anyone with the brain of Bellamy, who hung back on the edge of the area rather than bombing forward. Today, Wood did this beautifully as did Knockaert for his first. Maybe we've learnt something from conceding that goal.

After a poor run resulted in us getting caught by the chasing pack, we've suggested that we can kick on again. A word on Huddersfield; what a shower! They really are terrible.

I'll also comment on NP. My view on him is unlikely to change much now. I think we often win despite him, rather than because of him. It was notable that with their team winning by six at home, as usual there was very little positive noise from the crowd towards him. A half arsed attempt at 'one NP' towards the end was embarrassingly muted to say the least. I think the lack of feeling towards him is a factor at home in terms of atmosphere and supporter feeling generally. Maybe his attitude to communicating with supporters and so on contributes to this as well as his managerial shortcomings, but I can't help feeling that he's tolerated rather than appreciated.

FWIW I really like Pearson and his on-camera persona. A nice antidote to the melodrama that seems to surround us off the field.

After a poor run resulted in us getting caught by the chasing pack, we've suggested that we can kick on again. A word on Huddersfield; what a shower! They really are terrible.

I was thinking about this before Christmas, and how all teams go through a bad spell at some point in the season really.... I'm hoping that that WAS our bad run, and we'll push on from here. If it was, it wasn't even too bad and we're still in the playoffs.

I was already keen on the Wood signing, now I'm very excited to see what is to come! Onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4694
3Leeds Utd4691
4Southampton4685
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4671
8Middlesbro4667