Post Match Leicester 6 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Just had a look at your remaining fixtures, I can't see a difficult spell at all. You'll just have to hope you don't **** it up 'again'.

I don't think they will. Cardiff seem to have a very good workmanlike team, that gives little away in defence and is able to create enough chances through the likes of Whittingham and Bellamy. I think the fact that they are running away with the league is a poor reflection of the championship standard. Sour grapes from me Rhydal but I don't rate you as a team and think you would get mauled in the Premier with your current group of players.

Last edited:
Indeed. Just had a look at your remaining fixtures, I can't see a difficult spell at all.

Try looking at it in Welsh, then you'll see a few!

I predict 4 more games before Cardiff begin their annual demise.

Last edited:
I don't think they will. Cardiff seem to have a very good workmanlike team, that gives little away in defence and is able to create enough chances through the likes of Whittingham and Bellamy. I think the fact that they are running away with the league is a poor reflection of the championship standard. Sour grapes from me Rhydal but I don't rate you as a team and think you would get mauled in the Premier with your current group of players.

I know I've said this before, but it's not like they wouldn't sign players if they got promoted. I've seen people say this about us too and it makes no sense to me at all.

Try looking at it in Welsh, then you'll see a few!

I predict 4 more games before Cardiff begin their annual demise.

Just looked at Cardiff's fixture list myself, and realised their 4th game from now is against us! So hopefully that's where it begins.

I know I've said this before, but it's not like they wouldn't sign players if they got promoted. I've seen people say this about us too and it makes no sense to me at all.

They obviously would sign players but despite the fact that Cardiff are top, I think there are teams in the Championship that would cope in the premiership better e.g. Palace, Hull and Leicester.

The difference this year is depth in the squad . Six changes to the starting line-up, no Whitts and still grind out a victory against a team we've not beaten at their gaff since 1957.
Nice ten day rest now too. Cup run not required.

The difference this year is depth in the squad . Six changes to the starting line-up, no Whitts and still grind out a victory against a team we've not beaten at their gaff since 1957.
Nice ten day rest now too. Cup run not required.
Yes and with no disrespect, I think I would be right in saying that you are very good at grinding out results e.g. at our place. If you do get to the Premier, are your owners likely to spend big?

No it's not. It's very unlikely to be against us anyway. That's FA cup fourth round day and it's very unlikely that both teams will get knocked out in the third round.
Are you sure?

They obviously would sign players but despite the fact that Cardiff are top, I think there are teams in the Championship that would cope in the premiership better e.g. Palace, Hull and Leicester.

I think Cardiff would sign sensibly and survive with ease.

And the stats think that's highly probable too.

Yes and with no disrespect, I think I would be right in saying that you are very good at grinding out results e.g. at our place. If you do get to the Premier, are your owners likely to spend big?
Several other promotees have prospered in the prem without spending big. Of all fans, you should be aware that large outlays guarantee nothing.

Several other promotees have prospered in the prem without spending big. Of all fans, you should be aware that large outlays guarantee nothing.

Oh it does, it guarantees one hell of a rollercoaster ride. I have nothing against Cardiff but I think they would need a fair bit before they became a competitive Premier league outfit. Of course I am more than likely wrong.

Oh it does, it guarantees one hell of a rollercoaster ride. I have nothing against Cardiff but I think they would need a fair bit before they became a competitive Premier league outfit. Of course I am more than likely wrong.

You'd have said the same (probably!) about Norwich, Swansea, etc. It's a bit of a lottery going up - there's plenty of shite teams already clinging on to PL survival so all you have to do is finish 17th. Don't see any reason why Cardiff couldn't stay up.

You'd have said the same (probably!) about Norwich, Swansea, etc. It's a bit of a lottery going up - there's plenty of shite teams already clinging on to PL survival so all you have to do is finish 17th. Don't see any reason why Cardiff couldn't stay up.

I agree Fryatt. Who knows who they may or may not sign in close season but one things for sure - they are the team to catch at the moment.

Great result, great goals.

Good to see Waggy score a good volley, will be interesting to see what happens to our strike force now. I'm sure we would be looking to get some financial return on Beckford. Possibly Vardy out on loan? and Futacs won't want to hang around without game time.

I'm really looking forward to the Boro match in a few weeks.

Great result, great goals.

Good to see Waggy score a good volley, will be interesting to see what happens to our strike force now. I'm sure we would be looking to get some financial return on Beckford. Possibly Vardy out on loan? and Futacs won't want to hang around without game time.

I'm really looking forward to the Boro match in a few weeks.

I'd expect Futacs to go out on loan this month really. Don't think Vardy will be going anywhere; he's nearly always started when available. Think a loan move could be good for him though.

Then again, if we're going to be playing 2 upfront most of the time, having 5 strikers at the club isn't really overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669