Post Match Leicester 6 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did have a few moments that, in another game, would have the fans on his back.

Fortunately every touch he made, god or bad, was applauded after he'd scored the second. I'd rather it was like that than have the boo-boys after him.

"defence splitting pass" is a bit exaggerated Willlow ;)

He did have a few moments that, in another game, would have the fans on his back.

Fortunately every touch he made, god or bad, was applauded after he'd scored the second. I'd rather it was like that than have the boo-boys after him.

Going for the blue mongie of the year award, Han? Chris Wood(s) is God?

He passed it through the defence into Nugent's path ...how would you describe it? :icon_wink

Obviously a critique of the complete performance is not acceptable nor relevant. In future I will comply with the simpleton approach.

Obviously a critique of the complete performance is not acceptable nor relevant. In future I will comply with the simpleton approach.

You didn't critique his complete performance. You quickly ignored his two goals and concentrated on his first touch and distribution, which you suggested was very poor. Some of us have just pointed out that he also had two assists, his movement throughout the game was good and he some of his passing was 'defence splitting'.

When you put all those posts together then you get a critique of his performance.

Last edited:
You didn't critique his complete performance. You quickly ignored his two goals and concentrated on his first touch and distribution, which you suggested was very poor. Some of us have just pointed out that he also had two assists, his movement throughout the game was good and he some of his passing was 'defence splitting'.

When you put all those posts together then you get a critique of his performance.

I think you are missing the point, any mistakes made by a new player must be highlighted so that the point at which he becomes a useless waste of money becomes evident at the earliest opportunity, 2 goals and 2 assists on debut can't be allowed to muddy the waters.

I think you are missing the point, any mistakes made by a new player must be highlighted so that the point at which he becomes a useless waste of money becomes evident at the earliest opportunity, 2 goals and 2 assists on debut can't be allowed to muddy the waters.

I see!

In that case he did look a bit lazy, the next Yakubu in my opinion.

Micky acknowledged both goals, he then went on to highlight part of his play that suffered a little on the day, obviously a part of his play that Micky wished to discuss as the rest of it has been done many times over.

Why the flying feck should anyone have to describe the excellent parts of someones game just to allow themselves enough room to mention a negative aspect without being attacked by other posters.

We all know the goals were lovely and it was a great debut, Micky wanted to discuss a different aspect, you know, mix the topic up a bit.

Micky acknowledged both goals, he then went on to highlight part of his play that suffered a little on the day, obviously a part of his play that Micky wished to discuss as the rest of it has been done many times over.

Why the flying feck should anyone have to describe the excellent parts of someones game just to allow themselves enough room to mention a negative aspect without being attacked by other posters.

We all know the goals were lovely and it was a great debut, Micky wanted to discuss a different aspect, you know, mix the topic up a bit.

I agree, anyone should be allowed to discuss a performance or part of a performance whether negative, positive or neutral.

I didn't see micky's post as anything other than constructive observation.

Wood had a great debut and I think his second goal particularly showed that he is a striker who knows where the goal is and that he will tuck away a high percentage of the chances created for him - our other strikers to date (Nugent apart) have been far too wasteful which is why Pearson has brought him here. Wood had 'assists' as well and yes - he did misplace a pass or two or have less than a perfect touch on occasion, but if he proves to be as deadly as he looked on his debut, I for one won't be bothered about this if it recurs.
I'd also like to point out and commend Nugent for Wood's second goal. His strong running and then unselfish lay off (when he could easily have tried to cut in and then shoot himself) was superb.
There is no need to mention Knocky, everyone else has (deservedly).
I'd also like to echo the good words for James and that the young boy from Man U Keane looked very assured. Prior to coming here James had been pretty much out of the game for a long time through injury and just needed match time - including on the training ground - and it looks like he's now got his game back. I'd say that with the benefit of hindsight that if he had been sent on loan early on in the season (after the first two games or so it was evident he was terribly rusty) he could have been making this level of contribution in November and December.
Similarly, I think Vardy has needed a loan spell elsewhere to come back here adjusted to league football and with the necessary confidence. A team that is challenging for promotion is far too much a leap and too much pressure for him. A mid table team with lower expectations or a league 1 team would be right for him for a loan.

I agree, anyone should be allowed to discuss a performance or part of a performance whether negative, positive or neutral.

I didn't see micky's post as anything other than constructive observation.

Is it not just complaining, for complaining sake?

Suggesting Wood has been very poor at passing when he has created two assists, is like suggesting Knocky's running with the ball and shooting was terrible.

Similar to when some used to complain that Yakubu never did anything, apart from score goals...

Is it not just complaining, for complaining sake?
Not the way I read it. He just took a bit of a different view to others. I couldn't make the game, so can't comment one way or the other, but he's every right to say it. It is a discussuon forum, I thought, and it's sparked a ..................discussion. Can't see anything wrong with that.:icon_wink

Not the way I read it. He just took a bit of a different view to others. I couldn't make the game, so can't comment one way or the other, but he's every right to say it. It is a discussuon forum, I thought, and it's sparked a ..................discussion. Can't see anything wrong with that.:icon_wink

I agree he has every right to say it, but I just feel sometimes it gets a bit petty when you get people saying 'He might have scored two and made two assists, but he can't control the ball for toffee".

I suppose it is the difference between cup half full and cup half empty.

Hey ho, Burton at the weekend.

I don't see it as the cup half empty or full.

He made an observation that his touch and control wasn't that great on occasion, he also said some sections of the crowd might have berated him had he not already got two goals on his debut.

He is right.

Sorry to point out the obvious (and also a discussion point) that a black striker will (on the whole) get more abuse than a white one as there is still a section of most teams 'supporters' that are racist unfortunately.

Last edited:
Sorry to point out the obvious (and also a discussion point) that a black striker will (on the whole) get more abuse than a white one as there is still a section of most teams 'supporters' that are racist unfortunately.
WTF!
Talk about opening a can of worms.
Totally uncalled for comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675