Post Match Leicester-Bournemouth 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know anything about the Schlupp incident after the game in the stands ? Sounded pretty serious ?

Pregnant wife/gf fainted/collapsed and taken off to hospital. He ran up to join her.

Nice to read a different view that's not as bias as other opposition reports you read and gave us plenty of credit.
Nice comment by the City fan too.
Blimey just realised I'm turning into Blaarev:icon_wink

Shouldn't you let others compliment you? :icon_bigg

Nice to read a different view that's not as bias as other opposition reports you read and gave us plenty of credit.
Nice comment by the City fan too.
Blimey just realised I'm turning into Blaarev:icon_wink

Pretty much the view I had, when I read it

This was an excellent game with both sides playing good football.

My man of the match was Vardy who played well and for the second week running scored. I liked the way Nigel knocked the "it doesn't matter who scores" mentality which is always used to defend non-scoring strikers. Dyer was much too good for their defence. Knockaert has been playing better recently. He has genuine talent and no longer dismisses defending with a gallic shrug.

I was surprised Nugent lasted as long as he did. He went to the bench during the first half in obvious distress.

Eddie Howe made a mistake in not taking Ward off. When the referee let him off the first half tantrum it was clear that the referee would be watching him. Opinions will differ about Ward kicking the ball away. My guess is that an assessor will say Ward should have been sent off in the first half and in a way this was right. However, I was pleased he was not. For me the fault lies with the two yellows equal a red rule which leads to people being sent off for trivial incidents. .

Schlupp continues to frustrate. Why is so gifted a striker so ineffective? It may be that a loan spell where he will play every week might help.

Hammond was not on for long but always impresses as did James when he came on in earlier games. It is a credit to the squad that these two cannot make the starting XI.

My man of the match was Vardy who played well and for the second week running scored. I liked the way Nigel knocked the "it doesn't matter who scores" mentality which is always used to defend non-scoring strikers. Dyer was much too good for their defence. Knockaert has been playing better recently. He has genuine talent and no longer dismisses defending with a gallic shrug.

I was surprised Nugent lasted as long as he did. He went to the bench during the first half in obvious distress.

Eddie Howe made a mistake in not taking Ward off. When the referee let him off the first half tantrum it was clear that the referee would be watching him. Opinions will differ about Ward kicking the ball away. My guess is that an assessor will say Ward should have been sent off in the first half and in a way this was right. However, I was pleased he was not. For me the fault lies with the two yellows equal a red rule which leads to people being sent off for trivial incidents. .

Schlupp continues to frustrate. Why is so gifted a striker so ineffective? It may be that a loan spell where he will play every week might help.

Hammond was not on for long but always impresses as did James when he came on in earlier games. It is a credit to the squad that these two cannot make the starting XI.
I reckon at least one of them will get a game from the start against Fulham, and Wood in for Nuge so he can recover in time for the weekend.

Last edited:

Maybe, just maybe, the expectation on Schlupp is unfounded? I've never seen anything to make me believe he's especially gifted.

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe, the expectation on Schlupp is unfounded? I've never seen anything to make me believe he's especially gifted.

A lot of it is based on the fact that Man U really were interested in signing him as a striker.

A lot of it is based on the fact that Man U really were interested in signing him as a striker.

I was always baffled by the Man U interest. It is a very long time since we had any player close to Man U standard.

Schlupp is fast but the thing that always impresses me is the way he brings a ball under instant control. When he was playing alongside Steve Howard I thought he had the potential to eventually play in the Premier League though not for one of the big 5 or 6. . However, he seems to have gone backward. He is hesitant far too easy to dispossess and never seems to win the 50-50 ball. At the moment a weak link.

But they didn't sign him. He's young and has potential, but I'm not sure what people have seen that suggest he is going to be brilliant. He may well be, but right now the last thing he needs is too much expectation from the fans.

But they didn't sign him. He's young and has potential, but I'm not sure what people have seen that suggest he is going to be brilliant. He may well be, but right now the last thing he needs is too much expectation from the fans.

They didn't sign him because city wouldn't sell him, they did make an offer for him which wasn't accepted. Don't ask me why the deal wasn't accepted so that Schlupp could be largely ignored because I don't have a clue.

It's unfair to judge Schlupp to harshly yet. He is behind Vardy and Nugent right now by a long way so isn't going to get a run of games. His best position at the moment is doing what he is doing as back up for Dyer and coming on for 20 mins or so. Unfortunately at the moment for him that is the only opportunity he will get to prove himself worthy of a start. He missed an easy chance today but I would like to see him start against Fulham and see how he reacts. It would be interesting to see how he played alongside Wood, but Woods form opens up a whole other discussion.

Only saw the goals this morning and they were the type of goals that sometimes in the past we have missed.
Vardy now scored as many as he did last season so his reawakening in form this season has bern a huge plus.
Watford on Saturday will be a test and if Knocky could get a 30 yard screamer into the top corner to start off then we can banish the Play off game out of our minds.

Last edited:
It's unfair to judge Schlupp to harshly yet. He is behind Vardy and Nugent right now by a long way so isn't going to get a run of games. His best position at the moment is doing what he is doing as back up for Dyer and coming on for 20 mins or so. Unfortunately at the moment for him that is the only opportunity he will get to prove himself worthy of a start. He missed an easy chance today but I would like to see him start against Fulham and see how he reacts. It would be interesting to see how he played alongside Wood, but Woods form opens up a whole other discussion.

I have to say (and I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread) I thought Wood was excellent when he came on. His touch was good, he really didn't put a foot wrong and Vardy's goal was down to great persistence and a great ball from Wood (and unbelievable hesitancy from the B'mth keeper). Sure to get a start on Tuesday and it'll be interesting to see if he carries that form on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669