Post Match Leicester City 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing as we could have and should have won that really. Centre midfield was the big loss - Bamba and Drinkwater did ok but we missed Danns' energy and no one was coming deep from the midfield to get a pass from the defenders which Wellens does so well usually and forced us to go route one pretty much from the off.

As much as I dislike Howard, he was the right man to bring on as we were playing just how he likes it, saddly we hardly lumped it up to him once he came on for some reason. No one really played baddly, just a real average performace all round and no spark anywhere.

Thought the atmosphere was good to begin with but reflected the game come the end of the match - bit meh.

Well, Dyer should have scored. The finish just wasn't good enough.

Dreary, insipid shite

Second half was awful. Truly hopeless and clueless

Nugent is wasted in that system. Midfield were far too deep. Crossing was piss poor. Drinkwater was utter dogshit

Onwards and upwards

Agree with all of that except I wouldn't have picked out Drinkwater. I thought he was (marginally) better than Bamba.

And I've got to mention how ****ing useless Howard was/is. We may as well have put Bamba/Mills/Pearson up there.

good game to watch, Bamba was excellent as was Drinkypoos, however Beckford's first touch was usually woeful. mind you their defense was strong, thankfully tho, so was ours. I think we spent the majority of the second half in their end. How we didn't score its beyond me. I think every time I looked for Schlupp he was too far back in almost a defensive midfield role. Howard...... hmm, dunno, not my choice of sub. Had a nice pint in the Western on the way to the ground, all in all, can't complain

Now castrate me for my poor use of grammar..... or just call me a ****. your choice

Last edited:
good game to watch, Bamba was excellent as was Drinkypoos, however Beckford's first touch was usually woeful. mind you their defense was strong, thankfully tho, so was ours. I think we spent the majority of the second half in their end. How we didn't score its beyond me. I think every time I looked for Schlupp he was too far back in almost a defensive midfield role. Howard...... hmm, dunno, not my choice of sub. Had a nice pint in the Western on the way to the ground, all in all, can't complain

Now castrate me for my poor use of grammar..... or just call me a ****. your choice

Drinkwater looked 'busy' but his final ball was awful tonight.

Good luck to Forest. They came for a point and they played very well. We didn't once break them down or open them up defensively and they came closest to scoring when they hit the crossbar.

I like the system of playing three across the front with Marshall having an almost free role in the centre of midfield. The only downside is that system marginalises the effect of David Nugent. He is not a winger and would be much better in the centre of the attack. I thought Bamba was our best player. Marshall and Drinkwater stood out too although Drinkwater didn't always pick the best option when in posession.

I think that was offside? Dyer's chance was the best for me.

Agree though, Forest came for the point. I was getting flashbacks to Cotterill's Burnley, luckily we didn't let them score though as we always seemed to let Burnley.

As for the players... Drinkwater did some good stuff but paused every time he got into the box, it was infuriating. I'm not convinced by Bamba in midfield, had a few moments of excellence as he always does but also lost possession quite a bit and seemed a bit lost sometimes like he wasn't quite sure how to link with the other players so far up the pitch. Dyer and Konchesky played well, Kasper didn't have much to do but did what he had to well. Howard coming on was the right move for me, we needed to change it up a bit and fair play to him he always puts the effort in (and occasionally the elbow as well). I liked that Pearson seemed so positive post-match. Saturday's result will show if this was a good point or not.

I don't know why I pay for an internet licence if I'm going to have to watch shit like that on illegal streaming sites.

I may be drunk and not have any idea what went on but I'm not going to let that get in the way of my righteous indignation.

Did the keeper save a penalty? Did he ****. Precisely. Pearson out!

Up the blues.

Good luck to Forest. They came for a point and they played very well. We didn't once break them down or open them up defensively and they came closest to scoring when they hit the crossbar.

I like the system of playing three across the front with Marshall having an almost free role in the centre of midfield. The only downside is that system marginalises the effect of David Nugent. He is not a winger and would be much better in the centre of the attack. I thought Bamba was our best player. Marshall and Drinkwater stood out too although Drinkwater didn't always pick the best option when in posession.

It was offside when they hit the bar.

Best player for me was Lee Camp. Fantastic keeper.

I don't think you can question the effort and hard work of a lot of the players but we looked lagging from Saturday.

Cotterills tactics killed the game and I'd be embarrased if that were my side. Relegation battle or not.

Pompeys corrupt owners might just save that awful manager from what he truly deserves.

I won`t complain about the grammar, i will just disagree on a couple of things.
I thought Sledger was decent, but Drinkwater was poor tonight.

I think we did not score in the second half because we played too deep, we did up the ante enough and raise the pace enough..crossing was lacklustre ( tamely in to Lee camp`s hands from the left at least twice), when in promising positions...failure to outhink their defence, lack of options when in possession..lack of invention.

Sounds like we missed a glorious opportunity to get right in the mix but I suppose out of the hull and forest games, i'd have taken 4 points had it been offered. Season is not dead just yet.

Cotterills tactics killed the game and I'd be embarrased if that were my side. Relegation battle or not.

I would be embaressed if I was a Forest fan, I mean come on, what sane person wouldn't. But I would not be at all embaressed about the performance this evening. Nor, as a Leicester fan, would I be embaressed if we were fighting relegation and we went away to a side looking to get in to the play-offs and came away with a point and a clean sheet.

Got what they came for. Our one clear chance fell to the wrong man. Back four did ok. Bamba
Was his usual flamboyant self Drinkwater has had better games. Beckford and Nugent were
never in it .

You can't blame Florist for their tactics. They need any points they can get and are well within their rights to keep 10 behind the ball. We'll probably see the same next week from Doncaster too. Are we going to be better prepared for it then I wonder?

Overall, very disappointed with how negatively we started the game. To play one forward for the first hour was nonsensical. Players like Marshall and Nugent were so deep at times it was ridiculous. Having said that, Marshall delivered some really good balls into the box and we did nothing with them. To have Bamba, St. Ledger, Morgan and then Howard in the opposition box and not win headers is just pathetic.

We needed Drinkwater to run the midfield but he disappeared after getting booked and was very lucky not to be sent off. Dyer and Nugent looked knackered from the first minute. Beckford was very poor for most of the game.

Another opportunity lost.

good game to watch

Seriously ? What game you were watching ?
One side came with no intention to score, and the other side didn't have a Scooby what to do about it.
One of the dullest, low quality games I've seen all season

Bamba was excellent as was Drinkypoos

No, they were both dreadful. They conceded possession endlessly in the first half, and sat far too deep for the whole of the second half, meaning the front line had no support whatsoever. They were awful

I think we spent the majority of the second half in their end

No. No we, didn't

all in all, can't complain

Given you appear to have watched a completely different game from me, I am not surprised. Yours sounds much better than the complete shite I had to watch

I think the whole thing was epitomised for me when, in the first half, we had two free kicks in succession, outside the 18 yard box and failed, on each occasion to get the ball over the halfway line.

A game I was really looking forward to and in some ways ended up wishing I hadn't bothered.

Opinion is clearly divided over Drinkwater and Bamba. I thought both did well. Marshall's general play was excellent and I withdraw the reservations I had about him when he first came.

Forest came to defend and did so exceptionally well. Our problem was that our strikers were not physical enough to be effective in a crowded penalty area.

Two notes from the dug out.
Cotterill and Gunter had a blazing row in the first half though I could not tell what it was about.
Mike Stowell continues to be a star. Even Craig Shakespeare was laughing when he jumped up and down in rage at one incident.

It was a reasonable performance for a team that is mid-table and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669