Post Match Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the better team on Saturday, against a team that is top of the league. The fact that they were time-wasting from the off suggests that they were happy with a 0-0, which might suggest that Malky Mackay sees us as more than "also-rans".

We created a lot of chances, had one of them gone in it would have been a completely different game. NP killed the game off when he changed to the 4-3-3/4-5-1. That system very rarely seems to work for us when chasing the game. I'm not even sure why he changed it when we were creating chances anyway.

I think if we can get Andy King closer to goal we'd be in with a much better chance. He had three opportunities this week but he had to carry the ball 30 yards for two of them before getting a shot away. NP's low risk style doesn't seem to allow for him to be more aggressive.

Anthony Knockeart has been pretty poor for the last few matches, I was surprised to see him still in the starting lineup. He sometimes tries far too hard to play a perfect pass and often gets the simple ones wrong.

Lingard's stick is unwarranted in my opinion. He did an awful lot of running without getting a pass but looked very tidy on the ball and kept it moving quickly, showed a good range of passing. He might be lightweight but he looks like he has a lot of quality.

Wouldn't life be a nicer place eh? Look back over your last few pages of recent posts and it's like reading a Morrissey song.

No, it would be Mexico.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Aw bless, all kisses and friends again. The joy of Christmas. :056:

We were the better team on Saturday, against a team that is top of the league. The fact that they were time-wasting from the off suggests that they were happy with a 0-0, which might suggest that Malky Mackay sees us as more than "also-rans".

We created a lot of chances, had one of them gone in it would have been a completely different game. NP killed the game off when he changed to the 4-3-3/4-5-1. That system very rarely seems to work for us when chasing the game. I'm not even sure why he changed it when we were creating chances anyway.

I think if we can get Andy King closer to goal we'd be in with a much better chance. He had three opportunities this week but he had to carry the ball 30 yards for two of them before getting a shot away. NP's low risk style doesn't seem to allow for him to be more aggressive.

Anthony Knockeart has been pretty poor for the last few matches, I was surprised to see him still in the starting lineup. He sometimes tries far too hard to play a perfect pass and often gets the simple ones wrong.

Lingard's stick is unwarranted in my opinion. He did an awful lot of running without getting a pass but looked very tidy on the ball and kept it moving quickly, showed a good range of passing. He might be lightweight but he looks like he has a lot of quality.

Cardiff are top simply because of their home form though. Away they are as almost bad as us and concede 2 a game on average. Playing well against them at our place isn't a great indicator of anything, especially when they keep a clean sheet.

Just on this luck thing...and having been unfortunate to go to the Cardiff game (and it will take some doing to motivate myself to go again in the near future)...ultimately you make your own luck. Anyone who has played sport whether it be football, cricket or rugby knows that there are some sides that can dominate large sections of games - but don't win many because " they don't know how to win". We're a bit like that and we lose too many games because we "don't want it enough". The latter didn't apply on Saturday this was about lack of ruthless finishing and a shoddy defender who is an obvious weak link.
Eight games lost by Christmas Day tells us that are serious faults in the set up.

The problem is also that this is a very difficult time to buy .....clubs are not keen to let decent players go at a fair price. Pearson has got his work cut out to sort this out ...and quickly. Another month and you start to look at the count down to the end of the season and we can't afford to be cut adrift by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566