Post Match Leicester City 1:1 Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last minute goal gave a wrong impression. Most Leicester fans left the stadium jubilant. I was talking to a couple of Yeovil fans and said that they had given us far more trouble than rivals Charlton. One said that he was so gutted it would have been better to have lost 5-0. No doubt if they stay up by one point he will change his mind.

Of course the reality is that before the game Yeovil would have taken a draw and it was an excellent result for them. As the league leaders at home to strugglers it was a very poor result for us.

The last minute goal gave a wrong impression. Most Leicester fans left the stadium jubilant. I was talking to a couple of Yeovil fans and said that they had given us far more trouble than rivals Charlton. One said that he was so gutted it would have been better to have lost 5-0. No doubt if they stay up by one point he will change his mind.

Of course the reality is that before the game Yeovil would have taken a draw and it was an excellent result for them. As the league leaders at home to strugglers it was a very poor result for us.

If we beat Burnley tomorrow, a lot of fans said 4 points from the latest 2 games is good business.
In fact, the win at Burnley would be an even better way of getting the 4 points than a win over Yeovil and a draw with Burnley.

Not the best result, but by no means a very poor result (0 -1 would have been a very poor result)

If we beat Burnley tomorrow, a lot of fans said 4 points from the latest 2 games is good business.
In fact, the win at Burnley would be an even better way of getting the 4 points than a win over Yeovil and a draw with Burnley.

Not the best result, but by no means a very poor result (0 -1 would have been a very poor result)

Wot he said:023:

I think if we had played well and just been unlucky, we could be quietly confident. The issue is whether we have gone off the boil. Not long to find out now.

It isn't an unreasonable question to ask. Just because we've been fantastic so far doesn't mean we can't hit poor form. The spell of football since half time at Ewood Park has been below the standards we have set this season. It might be tiredness, it might be that we've played two sides with good game plans, or it might be that a form is dipping. We'll see.

Either way we're up, so a dip in for, wouldn't be a disaster. But it would be disappointing not to win the league now. If the players can up their game, particularly from Tuesday's effort, then we have an excellent chance today. Burnley are without three key players. A win would wrap up the title.

It isn't an unreasonable question to ask. Just because we've been fantastic so far doesn't mean we can't hit poor form. The spell of football since half time at Ewood Park has been below the standards we have set this season. It might be tiredness, it might be that we've played two sides with good game plans, or it might be that a form is dipping. We'll see.

Either way we're up, so a dip in for, wouldn't be a disaster. But it would be disappointing not to win the league now. If the players can up their game, particularly from Tuesday's effort, then we have an excellent chance today. Burnley are without three key players. A win would wrap up the title.

Last season when we did have a dip I form, we weren't creating any chance and bereft of ideas.
We are still creating a lot of chances.
Tuesday against Yeovil was just one of those days.
It shows the standards that have been set that people are talking of dips in form after 2 draws in this long unbeaten run. (long may it continue)

Last season when we did have a dip I form, we weren't creating any chance and bereft of ideas.
We are still creating a lot of chances.
Tuesday against Yeovil was just one of those days.
It shows the standards that have been set that people are talking of dips in form after 2 draws in this long unbeaten run. (long may it continue)
I think it's fair. Tuesday night was like watching the team of 2007-8. Not quite as bad, possibly, because if that team had lost to Yeovil we wouldn't have been surprised. But it was a seriously poor performance in which we were comprehensively outplayed and outfought and in the end we stole a point.

I think it's fair. Tuesday night was like watching the team of 2007-8. Not quite as bad, possibly, because if that team had lost to Yeovil we wouldn't have been surprised. But it was a seriously poor performance in which we were comprehensively outplayed and outfought and in the end we stole a point.

Only 1 word for that, bollox! :)

Comprehensively outplayed yet created over 20 chances, hmmmmmm

I can only assume you didn't watch the game. And if you think we had 20 chances, I can also deduce that 'chance' means either something like 'gave the ball away' or 'hoofed upfield for their defender to head away'.

I can only assume you didn't watch the game. And if you think we had 20 chances, I can also deduce that 'chance' means either something like 'gave the ball away' or 'hoofed upfield for their defender to head away'.
NP thinks "we" played very well in the 1st half and judging purely on the Foxes Player highlights we should have scored a couple of times then and the game would probably have been won. All hypotetical of course. And no, I didn't watch the game :icon_wink

NP thinks "we" played very well in the 1st half and judging purely on the Foxes Player highlights we should have scored a couple of times then and the game would probably have been won. All hypotetical of course. And no, I didn't watch the game :icon_wink
There were a couple of moments in the first half where we could have scored, but we didn't. City (and by that I mean mostly Danny Drinkwater) gave away possession time after time. Until about minute 85, there was no period of more than 30 seconds or so in which we actually played well. None at all. I can't imagine what was being counted to arrive at a figure of 20.

We had more than twenty shots which will include blocked shots and 40 yard speculative efforts floating into the keeper's arms. That isn't the same as chances. Vardy and Mahrez had chances and that was it. Yeovil also had two very good chances early in the second half and looked the more dangerous side going forward. We had no width, no movement, no composure.

Last edited:

We had countless chances to score, even in the first minute or 2 we should have had the game over with Vardy having the easiest one on one chance you are ever likely to see and then it continued but it just seemed one of those games where you can play all night and not score.

Never outplayed in a million years let alone comprehensively. Yeovil chased and pressured us very well which made it difficult but they were never in control of the game. They scored from a half chance in the first and then Kasper made a great save and the start of the second and Miller was very close again soon after. Apart from that though, that's all they had and lots of running so hardly the better team.

We had countless chances to score, even in the first minute or 2 we should have had the game over with Vardy having the easiest one on one chance you are ever likely to see and then it continued but it just seemed one of those games where you can play all night and not score.
Yes, he definitely should have scored that.
Never outplayed in a million years let alone comprehensively. Yeovil chased and pressured us very well which made it difficult but they were never in control of the game. They scored from a half chance in the first and then Kasper made a great save and the start of the second and Miller was very close again soon after. Apart from that though, that's all they had and lots of running so hardly the better team.
20 was an exaggeration. Countless is absurd. If any of their players could finish, we'd be talking about a defeat. There's no suggestion they were in control of the game, but City certainly weren't either. Their game plan was to restrict space for their opponents and defend solidly. For long periods of the game they did it perfectly.

I'd imagine that for one team to be comprehensively outplayed, the other team would have to be in control of the game.

Who apart from Miller actually had a chance for them? Mahrez could have easily had a couple, Morgan missed a sitter back post 60 mins, Phillips fluffed one from about 8 yards, Schlupp should have at least hit the target and probs more and the list goes on.

We're the ones that would have one easy if we could have found the net on the night. Just one of those games but thankfully we did get the breakthrough eventually.

The real absurdity is to think they should have won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669