Post Match Leicester City 1:1 Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad everyone still sees promotion as a foregone conclusion because I don't.

Couple of shaky results and QPR get in striking distance (with us to play) and things could get sideways in a hurry.

Sorry to be a negative nancy but the job is far from complete ... Especially if tonight's performance is indicative of our form.

We need 12 points from nine games, and that's if QPR win every one of their remaining matches. One of which is at our place. Don't worry; we're up.

Agreed that it wasn´t one our better games..........will put it down to poor finishing since the stats say that we again had 27 goal chances, that normally result in at least 3 goals.

Onwards and upwards......now the players really have something to prove at turf moor & it wouldn´t surprise me if they do, since the pressure will be on burnley. COYB!!

Whilst there were a couple of horrible finishes either side of their goal it would be incorrect to use that to explain our poor performance. The whole thing was lazy. The majority of our shots must have been blocked efforts or long distance ones which fell into the arms of their keeper. We certainly didn't have 27 chances.

Yeovil did a proper number on us. They played the long ball effectively and should have been three up before the hour mark. They gave our players no space and we just didn't cope. I just hope the late goal doesn't prevent the performance from having been a kick up the arse.

I wonder how much of the tactical undoing was not helped by Pearson being absent from the training ground?

Boooooooooo......

Kill them all

We need 12 points from nine games, and that's if QPR win every one of their remaining matches. One of which is at our place. Don't worry; we're up.

Agreed. The title is far from a foregone conclusion however and I fear losing it to Burnley.

Our fans certainly approached the game with arrogance. I heard variations of "it's only ****ing Yeovil" multiple times. People forget that next year we'll be "only ****ing Leicester".

Re: Leicester City v Yeovil

With respect, tonights game proves that you can never take anything for granted.

Tonights game proves that without any respect at all.

In fact MORONS like Stringer... laughing at the 35 year old left back and taunting how Mahrez/Knocky will rip him to pieces in a 7-0 win is EXACTLY the kind of thing we should be avoiding.

Otherwise you get performances like last night, where they think they just need to turn up to win.

An absolutely woeful performance. We only looked good for the last 10 minutes and the movement and flowing passing started up again.

Mahrez was truly awful.

Clearly over the line.

In the absence of goal-line technology in the Championship the 'goal' wasn't given and therefore it wasn't a goal. The Wood header was given and therefore was a goal. I'm with Boc on this, no way can it be a Kasper goal (as much as we would love it to be) unless the ref signalled it at the time.

Mahrez was dreadful. Ran into dead ends repeatedly and took unnecessary extra touches. He looked equally ponderous at Blackburn.

Did Stringer really come out with 7-0?

Did Stringer really come out with 7-0?

Yes, Kingy has it spot on. "In fact MORONS like Stringer... laughing at the 35 year old left back and taunting how Mahrez/Knocky will rip him to pieces in a 7-0 win is EXACTLY the kind of thing we should be avoiding. "

Having watched the game in an undrunken state (very rare these days) i'd like to add my two pennies worth.

Schmeichel: Ok his header proved to be vital in us winning a point, but his kicking was absolutely dog shit.

De Laet: Seems to have lost his touch going forward. Appears to be lacking a bit of confidence.
Morgan: Dealt with Miller all night with ease, hard to criticise really.
Wasilewski: Comfortable and only went off due to a tactical change in formation.
Schlupp: I thought he had a good game overall. Looks really comfortable in that position now.

Knockaert: Ran his legs off all game. I wish he was a tad more 'ordinary' in some of his play. It's ok show boating when you're 3-0 up, but when you're chasing the game, it's frustrating to lose the ball by trying to be clever.
Drinkwater: A truly dreadful display until about the last 7-8 minutes. Wayward passing, lack of concentration on several occasions. A very very rare off night for Danny.
James: Poor, just poor. Nothing else to say really.
Mahrez: A poor display going on recent games. Still learning the English game, so no point jumping on his back just yet. I'm confident he'll be a mega asset for us.

Nugent: Woeful! The last 2-3 games he's looked completely disinterested. His chasing down is half hearted, his effort has virtually disappeared. Needs a rocket up his arse, sharpish.
Vardy: Plenty of running, lost his head with the one on one in the opening minutes. Clearly thought he had been flagged offside. Not sure if that rattled him for the rest of the night. Even taking that into account he was 100% better than Nugent.

Wood/Phillips/Dyer: All did what they needed to when they came on. I suspect Dyer will start on Saturday.

Some folk wonder about the dislike for Ian Stringer; well that line about 7-0 deserves a severe telling off by someone at the club. It's those kind of antics which have made Forest so more unlikeable during the Davies reign. Next year we are likely to be another team's 'Yeovil'.

Just had a look at his twitter for which I am blocked in tweeting him due to calling him a sham journalist. He's currently having 'bantz' with Burnley's radio team about a four point gap....hmm, yes Ian you wonder about the dislike.

Last edited:
What an unprofessional Tosser

I'm surprised how little has been said about Yeovil's goal.

I thought Kasper could have done better.

I'm surprised how little has been said about Yeovil's goal.

I thought Kasper could have done better.

It was the same old goalie thing, where they take a slight step to the left and couldn't get back in time. Wouldn't blame him for the goal, more the repeatedly giving away daft set pieces to a team with quite a few players well over 6'3. They were bound to score from a set piece at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669