Post Match Leicester City 1:1 Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester City v Yeovil

Football League now confirms that it is Kasper's goal

the ball clearly crossed the line on Kasper's header
Yes, but if Wood hadn't put in the rebound the ref wouldn't have given the goal and it would have ended 0-1

I know we're Leicester and we enjoy ****ing up, but QPR aren't good enough to win all their remaining games. I'm still confident promotion is in the bag even if we have to work a bit to stay top.

Fortuitous to say the least. Yeovil by miles the better side for at least 85 minutes tonight. Defended wonderfully, battled superbly in midfield, closed down every inch of the park constantly and would have strolled home by half time if they had a half decent finisher. Their passing wasn't great but it was better than ours.

As it is, Yeovil are going home with only a point. This feels very unfair. Massive respect to the team and the fans who made the trip up. I hope they survive.

Poor performances from more or less all our outfield players. Subs did virtually nothing to change the game. Schmeichel didn't have a great deal to do but he did his job and, at the end, someone else's as well.

Firstly I would like to say Yeovil were excellent. They were organised, disciplined, committed and never let us settle. How they are 23rd I will never know I have seen plenty of worse teams than them at the King Power this season.

We were pretty awful at best. If Vardy had have scored after 2 minutes I think it would have been a completely different story. I don't know who to say was good for us, but I would single out Knockaert for the second half- he was the only one who wanted the ball and took players on and committed defenders. I thought he had a good second half.

Drinky and a number of others were very poor. But the whole teams passing was absolutely dreadful, we couldn't pass to a Leicester man 5 yards away. It was a very strange night where we never got going and summed up perfectly by having 9 up front towards the end and Schmeichel scoring the goal.

What a fantastic header and delighted it is his goal. Summed the night perfectly.

That was woeful. Shades of this time last year. No movement, poor passing, no understanding. I hope that it was a show of arrogance and they've now learned a lesson. Because if not Burnley can have the title and we can be thankful that we've wrapped promotion up nice and early.

I think we'll raise our game on Saturday. We certainly need to. Might be worth considering a change or two.

As it is, Yeovil are going home with only a point. This feels very unfair. Massive respect to the team and the fans who made the trip up. I hope they survive.
I know it's a long way to go back to Yeovil, but I would expect that unless they take a roundabout route they should get back home okay.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670