Post Match Leicester City 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping this would be one of those seasons where we are 12 points clear of 3rd by xmas. A lot to ask for I know and there is still a chance it will happen.

However, I think it'll be more a case of:

"Long is the way, and hard that out of hell leads to light"

Just keep scrapping away lads.

However, I think it'll be more a case of:

"Long is the way, and hard that out of hell leads to light"

If I was to respond with "Hard is the way, and out of long light leads to Hell" it does actually make as much sense

If I was to respond with "Hard is the way, and out of long light leads to Hell" it does actually make as much sense

I think the last decade of being a City fan will show you that, yes, it does make as much sense. Almost.

Give Milton a break, it's hard to write in iambic pentameter...especially when you are blind.

Last edited:
I think the last decade of being a City fan will show you that, yes, it does make as much sense. Almost.

Give Milton a break, it's hard to write in iambic pentameter...especially when you are blind.
To be fair, I'm almost 'blind' drunk, so I do feel on his level in my self-elevated inebriated state :icon_bigg

Don't blame Milton. He included an extra comma which made sense of it all.

FoxCov right.No dominant force .Any 2 from 10.Cardiff,Wolves and Blackburn have most potential but next transfer window could bring in a super power(Bahrain money)
PS was Nige out smarted by no manager today?Where is the rain when you need it!

Old Nige did a decent number on your lot though :038: 3-1! :icon_lol:

We need to sign a regular goal scorer, Nugent disappears in lots of games, Vardy shows his non league pedigree, Waghorn isn't good enough and Futacs and Schlupp haven't had any chances. We're ok when the midfield dominates but games like yesterday you need forwards who cause the opposition problems, we don't have them.

We need to sign a regular goal scorer, Nugent disappears in lots of games, Vardy shows his non league pedigree, Waghorn isn't good enough and Futacs and Schlupp haven't had any chances. We're ok when the midfield dominates but games like yesterday you need forwards who cause the opposition problems, we don't have them.

I quite agree Biffa! A few games ago, the media was saying how strong our attacking options were, how many quality attackers we had etc etc. I didn´t quite agree with them then & definitely not since, with Beckford on loan at Huddersfield & Waghorn disproving himself in every match! Possibly a quality veteran a la Sir Les, to bang them in & at the same time "school" our younger forwards?

Marathon....
I am sure you will recall the inclement conditions when our 2 teams met Durham(you were there were you not?).Deffo suited Nige.Still -a long way to go.
Becks will not be coming back I am afraid.Seen it all before with Mr Neverbend(reference garden spade-not juvenile sexual inuendo favoured by some on these forums)

These games happen now and again. Lets pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and crack on with the next game. We need to create more chances and take them though. Nugent was out of the game so much in the first half and Vardy needs goals. Quickly!!

Pearson had a mare I thought, awful tactical fail. I dont think the bloke even knows his own strikers, we are one of the weakest teams in the league in that department, and it certainly doesnt help when we have balls being crossed into the box and he brings shluppypants on and not our 8ft striker.

He made a bad decision at the start of the game and then had to change it back in the 2nd half.

I simply find schlupps appearance out of the blue very strange, is he now saying Waghorn is shit?

On the whole though we showed a deep complacency from the 1st whistle (Crept in against Brighton) and were outclassed and outfought by a superior team.

Marathon....
I am sure you will recall the inclement conditions when our 2 teams met Durham(you were there were you not?).Deffo suited Nige.Still -a long way to go.
Becks will not be coming back I am afraid.Seen it all before with Mr Neverbend(reference garden spade-not juvenile sexual inuendo favoured by some on these forums)

Good luck over the winter period, you will certainly need it.

Pearson had a mare I thought, awful tactical fail. I dont think the bloke even knows his own strikers, we are one of the weakest teams in the league in that department, and it certainly doesnt help when we have balls being crossed into the box and he brings shluppypants on and not our 8ft striker.

He made a bad decision at the start of the game and then had to change it back in the 2nd half.

I simply find schlupps appearance out of the blue very strange, is he now saying Waghorn is shit?

On the whole though we showed a deep complacency from the 1st whistle (Crept in against Brighton) and were outclassed and outfought by a superior team.

So he should only play with 3 strikers in rotation? Maybe he thought Schlupp would offer more than Waghorn in that game?

Was Dyer taken off after the two Palace goals for tactical reasons, or was he injured?

It was tactical, Pearson said so on Radio Leicester after the game. Said we needed an extra body in the middle, which he thought worked!! That's open to debate I suppose

palacehandball1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670