Post Match Leicester City 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well. Can't win them all.

King already equalled his goalscoring tally from last season.

They were a decent side

We were very, very poor

The ref was truly hopeless

our only decent performers were Wes, Konch and De Laet. The rest were awful

Special mention for Drinkwater and Knocky, who were beyond dreadful

The 5 live commentators said the ref had a good game and he got the decisions right that Leicester fans were moaning about.

Even the blatant handball that should have been a penalty and a red card ?

then they are complete morons

Firstly on the officiating, why do we always start blaming the ref whenever things don't go our way at home? We do not 'always get shit refs'. We should focus on getting into our players to up their game instead. In terms of decisions, the only key ones obviously wrong were a missed penalty to each side. The ref wasn't the reason we lost.

Palace were the first side to outplay us at home this season. They did a very effective job on us and I thought Zaha and Murray were outstanding for them.

We just had an off day. It's by far the worst both Drinkwater and King have played all season.

My main moan is how completely ineffective we are from corners and free kicks. They're a total waste. Sixteen corners today and not one provided any threat.

And one more point, isn't Birch getting a little long in the tooth for his innuendo with young women. His comments to the cheerleaders from Florida were a bit 'Savile' like at times. Creepy old fecker.

Last edited:
We weren't good enough today. Our central midfielders were out-muscled by their opposite numbers and Palace had two good outlets on either wing which caused us problems due to the frequency with which our full backs like to get forward. We should have started with an extra man in the middle to relieve the pressure on Drinkwater and King, really. They are busy clever midfielders but they won't win many straight physical battles.

I thought Whitbread was very poor along with Drinkwater, Knockaert, and Vardy. Knockaert was particulalry disappointing. For me he is at his best when threading balls through opposition defences and picking out men in space. Today there was too much running into opponents without much answer to players who are willing to simply stand up to him.

I've seen a few posters moaning about a lack of a presence up front and although they are correct (I certainly don't see any of our strikers scoring 20+ this season) the biggest issue with our attacking stuff today was the lack of movement. This, combined with poor passing and appalling defending of set pieces, is what cost us today. We have looked a little tired in most of our games since the international break which is worrying this early in the season.

I don't want to be too negative. We are doing better than I expected and there is nothing to fear in this league as far as I can see. We have as good a shot at promotion as anyone else. We do need to learn to mix it up a bit more though. It's easy to see us becoming predictable so we need to have something else for when that becomes the case.

I thought Whitbread was very poor along with Drinkwater, Knockaert, and Vardy. Knockaert was particulalry disappointing.

Didn't go today but the jury's still very much out on Whitbread for me. It's early days and I'm not sure if he's fully fit yet but he seems to make some very costly mistakes. Definitely felt more confident in our defence when SSL was there.

Last edited:
I've just looked at the table and it's clear that we're totally ****ed. There's only one thing which can save us from relegation now and that it a post by a moron calling for Pea Sons head. Terry, where the **** are you?

Didn't go today but the jury's still very much out on Whitbread for me. It's early days and I'm not sure if he's fully fit yet but he seems to make some very costly mistakes. Definitely felt more confident in our defence when SSL was there.

I thought he looked steady against Birmingham and Brighton but he just wasn't with it today. His passing was poor, as was his first touch. He was also getting beaten in the air a lot. A bad day at the office for him. I prefer St. Ledger but I think it's unfair to judge Whitbread so early.

I don't feel too bad about this defeat. We weren't good but that hasn't happened often this season. The run of games we have coming up is a pretty decent one, I think.

Watford away
Bolton away
Forest home
Ipswich home
Sheff Wed away

If we carry on as we have been we should find ourselves well in the promotion race into December.

FoxCov right.No dominant force .Any 2 from 10.Cardiff,Wolves and Blackburn have most potential but next transfer window could bring in a super power(Bahrain money)
PS was Nige out smarted by no manager today?Where is the rain when you need it!

Palace played the perfect away performance. We got stucked into worrying about Zaha and Bolasie, one of the centre midfielders would cover across giving them free reign. Add to that good organisation, strong physicality and a decent work ethic they did a job on us.

Didn't think the ref was that bad but his failure to give the blatant cheating of a handball on the line was scandalous.

However, good lesson. Week in training and regroup for November. Still looking rather good, hopefully a blip and we can get a striker in to boost impact up.

Palace played the perfect away performance. We got stucked into worrying about Zaha and Bolasie, one of the centre midfielders would cover across giving them free reign. Add to that good organisation, strong physicality and a decent work ethic they did a job on us.

Didn't think the ref was that bad but his failure to give the blatant cheating of a handball on the line was scandalous.

However, good lesson. Week in training and regroup for November. Still looking rather good, hopefully a blip and we can get a striker in to boost impact up.

I'm loving your posts since your return Hazzmania; short, sweet and sensible. You don't seem to be posting in Hazzish any more though and I think I kinda miss it

had an insurance bet on palace today, in a double with the owls.
18-1, nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570