Post Match Leicester City 1 - 2 Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactical to take Dyer off, Pearson even apologised to him as he came off, same with Drinkwater.

Very disappointing, but we are still second. I despaired when James came on, but actually i thought we did look a bit stronger and he didn't do too bad in a difficult situation at 2-0 down. When will Futacs get a chance? Surely he is what was needed rather than Schlupp. I thought they looked a decent side and always going to be a difficult fixture. A wake up call against complacency and thinking we can breeze it.
A word on Birch, i like him, he makes me smile and he has done great with his charity work and is a great ambassador for the club. However i couldn't help but cringe today at his comments with those girls, which i thought was poor judgement in the current context of Savile.

Very disappointing, but we are still second. I despaired when James came on, but actually i thought we did look a bit stronger and he didn't do too bad in a difficult situation at 2-0 down. When will Futacs get a chance? Surely he is what was needed rather than Schlupp. I thought they looked a decent side and always going to be a difficult fixture. A wake up call against complacency and thinking we can breeze it.
A word on Birch, i like him, he makes me smile and he has done great with his charity work and is a great ambassador for the club. However i couldn't help but cringe today at his comments with those girls, which i thought was poor judgement in the current context of Savile.

Were they underage then?

If they weren't then I can't see any possible link?

Let me make it quite clear that i am not making a direct link as you seem to be suggesting. I am simply saying i am uncomfortable with men of a certain age (of which i am a member) making comments about much younger women in the current context. I accept that they are older girls and that Birchs' humour was not malicious. I am sure i am not the only one to find it slightly uncomfortable in predominantly male and family environment. I don't find the concept of cheerleading a particularly edifying one.

I thought they were top notch flange

and I am definitely 'of a certain age'

What kind of comments can't I make about decent, young, post-pubescant and (most importantly) legal gash now?

I'm really ****ing confused. What has any of this got to do with Jimmy Sovile?

It doesn't help matters when the ref misses a clear handball on the line. A goal and a red card at that point of the game would have seen us in with a chance of getting something. It is on these fine margins that games are won and lost. Hopefully we will get the rub of the green against Watford on Saturday.

I think this will be a good test of character for the lads and we might even learn something from this for the next time we play a top side at the KP.

Palace surprised me. It wasn't long ago they were clinging onto championship status.

NP needs to get a striker in. When Nugent goes missing (as he has since his hatrick) we have nothing. Vardy/Waghorn both work hard but they often spurn chances.

Why did we sign Futacs? Anybody know?

105 useless, fruitless, hopeless corners we've had since Big Wes fouled his way to a goal

Nice

105 useless, fruitless, hopeless corners we've had since Big Wes fouled his way to a goal

Nice
Not acceptable, this needs to be highlighted as a major concern, I would like to know how many crosses we have spunked onto the head of defender from open play, Palace were a huge side and yet we kept persisting with shit balls into the area, even after Pearson decided to bring the wrong striker on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palace could've had a hat full if they wanted. They seemed very happy with their 2-0 and didn't bother with trying for any more. If they had done so it might have been a bit embarassing in the end.

Our goal only came because their winger got lazy, thinking the game was won, and decided not tot track back.

Two notes having watched the highlights:

1. What the **** was Nugent doing on that early chance. My unborn child could have stuck that away.

2. That was an absolute stonewall pen and sending off for the handball. Ridiculous that wasn't given.

Last edited:

Nice

Gallagher has always been crap at taking corners, I don't know why we don't get somebody else to take them...after all it is a basic part of being footballer that you should be able to take a corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669