Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole defence was excellent today, including Konchesky, Mills had a great game, Bamba was absofucking brilliant and that's the best game Vassell's had down here since he was playing against us for Villa.

Just got back from the match. Excellent solid performance. Tails right up in the second half. Yuki's goal was superbly headed in. Not sure what that nonsense with the first disallowed goal was? Surely if there was a foul, ref should have played advantage and let the goal stand??

It was just a poor decision; he should have let play continue as there was a clear advantage to be had.

Only iffy player on the pitch today for me was Koncheski.

You must have been at a different game to me. I thought Konchesky got forward well, linked up very nicely with Vassell and did little wrong at the back.

Watching the highlights on SSN, the first goal should not have been disallowed and the red card was not a red card. Although I don't care, we won!

Watching the highlights on SSN, the first goal should not have been disallowed and the red card was not a red card. Although I don't care, we won!

Haven't seen the highlights but from where I was sat, the ref got the two big decisions terribly wrong. Should have played an advantage for our goal (although I guess this is the more subjective one) and the handball was never intentional. He did give a similar handball against Fernandes which wasn't intentional either, so at least he was consistent.

We just got better and better as the game went on. I was worried that our good play in the first half without a goal would mean that we'd missed our change - obviously not! Don't think it was a coincidence that we were much better at passing and ball retention with a midfield that for the most part played together last season. King is my MOTM but Abe also played very well (as did Bamba & Vassell), actually most of the players played well the only question marks I had were over Fernandes and Mills (and Pantsil when he came on) - but Mills did play a lot better than he has in previous games so hopefully he's just getting his confidence back. Nice to come away from a game after seeing a good performance and result.

Are you saying the ref hadn't already blown his whistle?

What colour was it?

Even I know that if a foul is committed and the player passes it to a player on his team there should be an advantage played.

And you know what I mean; the referee should not have gave the Brighton player a red card

Even I know that if a foul is committed and the player passes it to a player on his team there should be an advantage played.

But if the ref blew his whistle for the foul, he was then right to disallow the goal. So it's wrong to say the goal shouldn't have been disallowed.

I'm sure as soon as it happened the ref knew he'd made a mistake, but there was nothing he could do about it then.

the referee should not have gave the Brighton player a red card

Why?

I didn't see it, so I don't know how bad the offence was, if it was at all.
The ref may have already given him a warning and told him his next offence would result in another yellow card. So what may have looked harsh in isolation could have been the right decision.

Why?

The ref may have already given him a warning and told him his next offence would result in another yellow card. So what may have looked harsh in isolation could have been the right decision.

It was for a handball, but to me it looked like Abe flicked the ball up at his hand from about 2 feet away. I'd have considered it very harsh had the tables been turned.

I turned Radio Leicester on as soon as I got back to the car only to hear "Thank you Ross for that call"

I wondered who he was speaking to on the way back from the ground!
He has a habit of doing that. Before he had a contract phone he used to prank me and then on ringing him he would ask me to ring RL and ask them to ring him so he could talk after the game. Sounds like hes enjoyed his day out today. Thanks for looking after him. We are all out at a musical show 2 of his sisters are in so he would have come home to an empty house.

In the RL interview after the game, Peltier said that the ref had apologised to him and said that he should have played the advantage. He said there was a split second between hitting the ball and the whistle blowing.

Still, all's well that ends well. Good performances from everyone today. Maybe they are just starting to show their full potential.

A point from the playoffs and only 6 off the top spot. Hopefully it won't be long before we see a table topping team play at the KPS every week.

Why?

It looked to me like it was ball to hand, Yuki kicked it a few feet away from him onto his hand and the ref sent him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669