Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make for good reading but sadly there is more than a bit of truth there.

Very much so, the twats around me were singing all game, unfortunately it was largely homophobic. I don't see the desire to be a fanbase that sings all game but I understand that some do want it. Maybe if they sang songs that weren't twattish or full of hate then more people might join in?

I will happily join in with e-i-e-i-e-i-o and we love you leicester, but I won't sing "You're just a small town of benders"

Unfortunately I was sat in L1 today and the homophobic chanting was embarrassing.

However, what was more disgusting was the mother and father next to me who were constantly swearing in front of their 7 year old kid, who imitated their shouts of "****" and aggressive gesticulations towards the away fans. What chance has he got?!

Good performance and result. For the first time at home this season we had a couple of players really on their games. Bamba and Vassell gave individual displays that suggest we have quality within our squad that few others can live with. In fact, Brighton were extremely pedestrian. How they've managed to go unbeaten until now is beyond me.

My first look at Beckford and I wasn't impressed. He clearly has a good touch and comes alive when close to goal, but his individualistic attitude to the game was evident. I thought he'd be a little more up for it than he seemed to be on his home debut. I guess if he scores 1 in 2 that's all the matters though.

I still have a major problem with how we move the ball when we're camped in the opposition half. I don't mind the constant return passes and patient build up, but the 'free' man is often Mills and his distribution is astonishingly poor. He is incapable of playing the role of central defensive playmaker. Time and again he was given the ball with time and space and everyone looked to him to ping a inch perfect pass. If he's heading and blocking it, he's excellent but he cannot play the passing game to save his life. Someone from midfield needs to come and get the ball off of him and not stand there watching (Wellens and King!).

Really pleased for Abe who I think is often underestimated. Playing out of position on the right, he did really well. Especially second half. Both full backs were strong too and Kasper is developing into my favorite keeper of ours for many, many years.

Time to kick on now. Some more tough games ahead and we really need to build this unbeaten run. One defeat and we'll be back to square one again.

Good post, although I disagree with parts. Like Beights says, I thought Beckford had a very useful game. He held it up well and him and Vassell weren't afraid to drive at their defence. I think he adds a new dimension to our attack and came close to scoring near the end with a decent effort.

I think Abe was a little bit lost on the wing in the first half; I just don't see what he offers us out there as he is clearly a central midfielder who is most comfortable tidying up in the middle.

Completely agree with the breaking down of teams though. We have very few ideas, and until Vassell runs out to the channels to receive the ball and (hopefully) beat a man and get a cross in we look a little bit clueless.

Anyone else of the opinion Mills was outstanding too today?

Not here. Good, but hardly outstanding. Defended well but Bamba defended better imo (having CMS in his pocket) and Mills' distribution was poor as usual.

Very polished performance today, Brighton really didn't give any idea that they were top at the start of the day. The back 4/5 completely silenced their attackers.

Kasper - 7 - Solid as always, it's a lovely but quite bizarre feeling having a reliable 'keeper between the sticks. Claimed, punched, caught and parried everything that went near him.

Peltier - 7 - Very harworking, up and down the right wing, not afraid to run at defenders and try something different to just dollying the ball into the box. Unlucky with the goal that wasn't a goal, also.

Bamba - 8 - Had CMS on toast, quite simply made him look like a park footballer for 90 minutes, just too strong and quick for them. Everything that is great about sol came out today, pure class on the ball, brought a smile to my face seeing him play like he did.

Mills - 7 - Best game I've seen him have for us, very commanding in the air, reminded me of Hobbs on a good day. The fact that we weren't giving the ball away every 4 seconds certainly aided Mills as he wasn't having to pick impossible passes from the back.

Konchesky - 9(motm) - Composed, sharp, strong, uncompromising, intelligent, and the shinyest head on the pitch. Relentless going forward, dominating in the air and experienced enough to handle their forwards. A bit of a defensive masterclass from Konch today.

Wellens - 7 - Typical Wellens, not great in from set pieces but a standard Ritchie performance in the middle of the park.

King - 7 - Came to life when the game opened out in the last half an hour, lively and offered good support to the forwards as always.

Abe - 7 - Such a brave and likable player, beautifully taken goal.

Fernandes - 7 - After an early booking he definitely held back on the tackling. But like his partners in midfield he kept the ball well and used it wisely. Showed 'loadz oh pashun' in the post match celebrations too. Jumping around like a half naked nutter he was.

Vassell - 8 - Best game he's had for us in my opinion, lovely cross for the goal, tricky and very busy. I've heard being called lazy in the past but not a hint of that today.

Beckford -6 - Kicked off the park a little, I felt. Very quick and clearly likes to turn defenders and run with the ball. Had some exciting moments, but just a few too many touches and fouls made it a slightly stop/start game for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00