Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make for good reading but sadly there is more than a bit of truth there.

It was probably quiet because most of us didn't want to join in with the disgusting chants our fans were signing. Was absolutely embarrassed to be called a Leicester fan today (not for the performance).

Anyway, on to the game. Vassell always looks such a good player when playing up front but so wasted on the wings, he was my MOTM. Though pretty much everyone had a good game, disagree with whoever was criticising Beckford and Konchesky earlier, thought they both had good games myself.

Anyone else think Andy King looked a bit unfit today? Seemed to be struggling a bit late on.

Yes, he was blowing quite early on in the game, even in the first half with his hands on his knees, but he did a phenomenal amount of work out there.

I think Abe was a little bit lost on the wing in the first half; I just don't see what he offers us out there as he is clearly a central midfielder who is most comfortable tidying up in the middle.

Completely agree with the breaking down of teams though. We have very few ideas, and until Vassell runs out to the channels to receive the ball and (hopefully) beat a man and get a cross in we look a little bit clueless.

Disagree. Thought Abe was superb today and grew even more in stature after his goal. Played well wherever he was. Also thought we looked much more full of ideas going forward than recently.

It was probably quiet because most of us didn't want to join in with the disgusting chants our fans were signing. Was absolutely embarrassed to be called a Leicester fan today (not for the performance).

I would imagine 80% of the crowd wouldn't have heard so called disgusting chants. We certainly didn't hear any where we sit.

Yes it was quiet but that's the fault of our drummer boy. Now they've taken away his big bass drum and given him a nice new digital drum pad to play with instead, why the hell doesn't he use it more often? Pathetic. Sack him and get someone who knows how to play the thing with some different rhythms. Boring or what?

Schmeichel - Was an onlooker for most of the game - 6

Peltier - Provided an excellent attacking option out wide. 8
Bamba - Class all game. 9
Mills - His best game for us so far. 8
Konchesky - Again provided an excellent attacking option out wide and his defending in injury time at the corner flag to see out the game was brilliant. 8

Wellens - Flashes of excellence, perhaps didn't get invloved as much as I'd liked. 7
King - Really took control of the midfield in a way I'd love to see him do more often. 8
Abe - Worked his socks off and scored a fantastic winning goal, just seemed to come steaming in out of nowhere. 8
Fernandes - Didn't get invloved enough. 6

Beckford - Excellent first half, tailed off in the second though. 7
Vassell - Tireless and showed great skill and composure all game, their defence couldn't handle him for large stretches of the game. 9 MOTM

My decision not to attend home games justified today, nice one you useless ****s.

It's just a shame SGE didn't buckle under the pressure of those posters on the Mercury website and play Howard.

Doesn't make for good reading but sadly there is more than a bit of truth there.

I've been reading some of the threads on Foxes Talk and it's quite disgusting. I'm appalled to associated with so-called Leicester City fans. Why do some people think they can say and act how they feel just because they're inside a football stadium? Banter is fine, abuse isn't.

Last edited:
Didn't hear any homophobic chanting from the area of the Kop I sit in. Was this mostly heard in the L1/FoxesTalk section?

Having watched the Football League Show I am starting to question my memory of yesterday's game. Seems like we were actually struggling to keep the brilliant Brighton from hammering us. The red card is just as laughable having watched it for a second time.

bm.jpg

Didn't realise BM had joined the Brighton forum.

Didn't hear any homophobic chanting from the area of the Kop I sit in. Was this mostly heard in the L1/FoxesTalk section?

Having watched the Football League Show I am starting to question my memory of yesterday's game. Seems like we were actually struggling to keep the brilliant Brighton from hammering us. The red card is just as laughable having watched it for a second time.

I heard it in the Kop where I sit. Small town of benders etc

I've been reading some of the threads on Foxes Talk and it's quite disgusting. I'm appalled to associated with so-called Leicester City fans. Why do some people think they can say and act how they feel just because they're inside a football stadium? Banter is fine, abuse isn't.
What was somebody saying about water off a duck's back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58