Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was all cracking stuff. The ref gave out a stupid amount of cards given the nature of the game.

Good performance today. Terrible decision by the ref should have been 2-0 up and cruising
second half. Great goal by Yuki proper old school header. I thought Bamba was outstanding.

I thought they were a dirty side, they could quite easily had another sent off with 2 yellows.

I think the ref bottled it near the end when he let one of theirs off with a warning. Not sure who it was but I think he was already on a yellow.

Best display thus far.

Vassell had his best game for us, Mills (IMO) did some decent defensive work especially in the 2nd half & generally we pressed the ball higher up than we've done all season and looked so much better as a result. Encouraging performance.

Good performance and result. For the first time at home this season we had a couple of players really on their games. Bamba and Vassell gave individual displays that suggest we have quality within our squad that few others can live with. In fact, Brighton were extremely pedestrian. How they've managed to go unbeaten until now is beyond me.

My first look at Beckford and I wasn't impressed. He clearly has a good touch and comes alive when close to goal, but his individualistic attitude to the game was evident. I thought he'd be a little more up for it than he seemed to be on his home debut. I guess if he scores 1 in 2 that's all the matters though.

I still have a major problem with how we move the ball when we're camped in the opposition half. I don't mind the constant return passes and patient build up, but the 'free' man is often Mills and his distribution is astonishingly poor. He is incapable of playing the role of central defensive playmaker. Time and again he was given the ball with time and space and everyone looked to him to ping a inch perfect pass. If he's heading and blocking it, he's excellent but he cannot play the passing game to save his life. Someone from midfield needs to come and get the ball off of him and not stand there watching (Wellens and King!).

Really pleased for Abe who I think is often underestimated. Playing out of position on the right, he did really well. Especially second half. Both full backs were strong too and Kasper is developing into my favorite keeper of ours for many, many years.

Time to kick on now. Some more tough games ahead and we really need to build this unbeaten run. One defeat and we'll be back to square one again.

Anyone else think Andy King looked a bit unfit today? Seemed to be struggling a bit late on.

Really happy with that, bar the Mackail-Smith chance they never really had a sniff all day.

Defensively we looked solid, Bamba just continues to amaze me, had Mackail-Smith in his back pocket all game. Mills had his best game of the season (that I've seen anyway), Peltier needs to play instead of Pantsil & was very impressed by Vassell. In general we looked a better unit than we have done in previous games, everyone seemed to know their role as opposed to when playing 4-3-3 where we look a little lost for ideas at times.

Good performance and result. For the first time at home this season we had a couple of players really on their games. Bamba and Vassell gave individual displays that suggest we have quality within our squad that few others can live with. In fact, Brighton were extremely pedestrian. How they've managed to go unbeaten until now is beyond me.

My first look at Beckford and I wasn't impressed. He clearly has a good touch and comes alive when close to goal, but his individualistic attitude to the game was evident. I thought he'd be a little more up for it than he seemed to be on his home debut. I guess if he scores 1 in 2 that's all the matters though.

I still have a major problem with how we move the ball when we're camped in the opposition half. I don't mind the constant return passes and patient build up, but the 'free' man is often Mills and his distribution is astonishingly poor. He is incapable of playing the role of central defensive playmaker. Time and again he was given the ball with time and space and everyone looked to him to ping a inch perfect pass. If he's heading and blocking it, he's excellent but he cannot play the passing game to save his life. Someone from midfield needs to come and get the ball off of him and not stand there watching (Wellens and King!).

Really pleased for Abe who I think is often underestimated. Playing out of position on the right, he did really well. Especially second half. Both full backs were strong too and Kasper is developing into my favorite keeper of ours for many, many years.

Time to kick on now. Some more tough games ahead and we really need to build this unbeaten run. One defeat and we'll be back to square one again.

I thought Beckford had a cracking game, held the ball up all day and bought others into the game. Also, he never stopped running into the channels even though the ball didn't always come to him.

Last edited:
Really happy with that, bar the Mackail-Smith chance they never really had a sniff all day.

Defensively we looked solid, Bamba just continues to amaze me, had Mackail-Smith in his back pocket all game. Mills had his best game of the season (that I've seen anyway), Peltier needs to play instead of Pantsil & was very impressed by Vassell. In general we looked a better unit than we have done in previous games, everyone seemed to know their role as opposed to when playing 4-3-3 where we look a little lost for ideas at times.

Ooh so close.

Best display thus far.

Vassell had his best game for us, Mills (IMO) did some decent defensive work especially in the 2nd half & generally we pressed the ball higher up than we've done all season and looked so much better as a result. Encouraging performance.

Better, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670