Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the Football League Show I am starting to question my memory of yesterday's game. Seems like we were actually struggling to keep the brilliant Brighton from hammering us. The red card is just as laughable having watched it for a second time.

The Football League Show was poor from our point of view last night. I came home from the match really impressed by the performance and thinking we could have won by more. The FLS version had us defending against "waves of Brighton pressure" and seemingly lucky to come away with the points.

I heard it in the Kop where I sit. Small town of benders etc
Perhaps the City fans thought that they are all like robots in Brighton.

Sorry that comes from watching episodes of Futurama recently with my youngest daughter.

Brighton was the very first place I left Leicester for. On my first day there I asked at the local bakers for a cheese and onion cob and the woman looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language and then said "what on this" and showed me a loaf in the shape of a giant cob.

Sorry that comes from watching episodes of Futurama recently with my youngest daughter.

Brighton was the very first place I left Leicester for. On my first day there I asked at the local bakers for a cheese and onion cob and the woman looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language and then said "what on this" and showed me a loaf in the shape of a giant cob.
Cheese and onion? Bloody pervert.

The Football League Show was poor from our point of view last night. I came home from the match really impressed by the performance and thinking we could have won by more. The FLS version had us defending against "waves of Brighton pressure" and seemingly lucky to come away with the points.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Yes, they are rather stupid down south. I went into a bakers years ago and asked for a cob, only to be met with a blank expression.

When I pointed to one, she said "That's a roll."

I pointed to what we call a roll and asked what she called it.

"That's a roll as well", she said.

How they tell the difference when a customer asks for a roll, I'll never know........

Sheffield used to have a fair number of benders back in the days when steelworks were at their peak.

Doesn't make for good reading but sadly there is more than a bit of truth there.

"I hadn't realized that Care in the Community allowed patients in Leicester to go out on their own on a Saturday afternoon. Some of the most backward people I have seen for years."

Tell me the atmospheres not that bad, were there a large section of fans singing homophobic chants? I'd hoped these cretins only stuck to the moan in.

I think the ref bottled it near the end when he let one of theirs off with a warning. Not sure who it was but I think he was already on a yellow.

I agree that he was about to give a yellow but am not sure about the phrase "bottled it." He may have used common sense and thought this player did not deserve to be sent off - I wish the Forest ref had done the same against Forest.

This season I have been to five games. In the majority of those one side has been down to ten men (against Coventry both sides). Against Coventry Vassell deserved to be sent off and perhaps the Coventry player too. In the Forest and Brighton game I believe the red card was too harsh.

The problem lies not with the referees but with FIFA and the two yellows equal a red rule. I want to see 11 against 11. For me having one side down to ten men makes it less of a contest. Sometimes this is necessary with a straight red but for me two yellows equals a sending off makes the contest less entertaining.

I agree that he was about to give a yellow but am not sure about the phrase "bottled it." He may have used common sense and thought this player did not deserve to be sent off - I wish the Forest ref had done the same against Forest.

This season I have been to five games. In the majority of those one side has been down to ten men (against Coventry both sides). Against Coventry Vassell deserved to be sent off and perhaps the Coventry player too. In the Forest and Brighton game I believe the red card was too harsh.

The problem lies not with the referees but with FIFA and the two yellows equal a red rule. I want to see 11 against 11. For me having one side down to ten men makes it less of a contest. Sometimes this is necessary with a straight red but for me two yellows equals a sending off makes the contest less entertaining.

The problem for me is the consistency. Kasper should have been booked yesterday for taking a long winded route to the ball if the Forest ref is anything to go by. The ref was very consistent yesterday I thought, but not consistent with refs in other games; therein lies the problem.

I agree that he was about to give a yellow but am not sure about the phrase "bottled it." He may have used common sense and thought this player did not deserve to be sent off

If he thought the player was deserving of a yellow then he should have issued it regardless of the fact that it would have been the players second.

Like I said, the ref bottled it.

The problem for me is the consistency. Kasper should have been booked yesterday for taking a long winded route to the ball if the Forest ref is anything to go by. The ref was very consistent yesterday I thought, but not consistent with refs in other games; therein lies the problem.

On a similar theme, can anyone explain why their keeper wasn't booked in the first half for time wasting?

He must have had the ball for at least 45 seconds before playing it and if it had been in the last 5 minutes he would have been booked for sure.

I fail to see any difference between time wasting in the first 5 minutes or in the last five.

It's still the same time!

On a similar theme, can anyone explain why their keeper wasn't booked in the first half for time wasting?

He must have had the ball for at least 45 seconds before playing it and if it had been in the last 5 minutes he would have been booked for sure.

I fail to see any difference between time wasting in the first 5 minutes or in the last five.

If the ball is in play the keeper can keep possession for as long as he wants, just like any other player can.

The ball was oddly in play and the game active. If it was in his hands you'd have a point. Nothing against the rules. A very, very odd moment that.

Their goalie looked slightly unhinged by the end of the game. He slid for a ball when a free kick was given.

Unless we're thinking of two separate incidents it was because the ball was in open play for that45 seconds

Last edited:

The ball was in play. We should have closed him down and made him play the ball.

If the ball is in play the keeper can keep possession for as long as he wants, just like any other player can.

Am not understanding this.

If a team is winning 1-0 with 5 minutes to go then their goalkeeper can collect the ball and hold it in his arms for the rest of the game and no one can do anything about it? Why don't all taeams do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669