Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without trying to sound deliberately stubborn, I genuinely think that no one in BBC sport punditry seems to know the handball rule.

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

I'll have to watch it again, but honestly it did not look he deliberately handballed it at all to me. Just looked like it hit his arm.

He stuck his arm out, if he hadn't stopped the ball he would have stopped Vassell.

Neither of those things matter. The only thing that matters with a handball is whether it is deliberate or not. If it is not deliberate (and it very rarely is) it should not be a free-kick or a booking.

Why do I suddenly feel like singing a Half Man Half Biscuit song?

It was handball and if it wasn't it would have been a foul.

But he didn't stop Vassell (and wasn't it Yuki anyway?) because he pulled away and appealed and unless the handball was deliberate it shouldn't be a free-kick (I feel like I'm going round in circles here).

edit: Does anyone actually have a video link for this incident? I'm sure I must have seen a different incident to everyone else.

Last edited:
Cheers, boc. Having seen that again I'm even more convinced it was accidental and it certainly wasn't a foul on Yuki either. As far as I can see he gets lower to jockey Yuki then Yuki just kicks the ball into his arm from about half a yard to which his arm moves backwards either because of the force of the ball or through instinct (likely a mixture of both) after the ball actually makes contact with it.

Definitely not a free-kick or a yellow card and tbh I'm quite baffled how anyone can see it as such.

Last edited:
You're right it was Abe. I still think it was deliberate though.

Can you please explain to me as to where you think the deliberate action to handle to the ball is? Because I really cannot see it.

Can you please explain to me as to where you think the deliberate action to handle to the ball is? Because I really cannot see it.

Watch the defender's shoulders. But most of all, remember that refereeing (and commenting on a referee's decisions) is a matter of opinion - and opinions vary.

Watch the defender's shoulders. But most of all, remember that refereeing (and commenting on a referee's decisions) is a matter of opinion - and opinions vary.

I've just watched it again and the defenders shoulders and am still scratching my head, he gets low to jockey the ball well before Yuki kicks it at him as any good defender should. Then after that his shoulders or arms then don't move from the time Yuki kicks it til when it hits his arm and it's certainly not a case of him deliberately leaving his arm there rather than taking it away as he has no time to take his arm away given the distance Yuki kicks it from.

I know it's a matter of opinion and my opinion is that I find it baffling anyone can consider that a deliberate attempt to handle the ball.

Last edited:
Having seen that again I'm even more convinced it was accidental and it certainly wasn't a foul on Yuki either.

Does it matter? Really? You are sounding like Ian Stringer! We are Leicester fans and we are partial :icon_bigg

I know it's a matter of opinion and my opinion is that I find it baffling anyone can consider that a deliberate attempt to handle the ball.

We know.
:icon_wink

Does it matter? Really? You are sounding like Ian Stringer! We are Leicester fans and we are partial :icon_bigg

It doesn't matter as the game is over, no. Though the subject was brought up (not by me) and I gave my thoughts on it and no, I'm not going to say a player deserved to get sent off just because it was against us, when I don't think he did. I don't care if that makes me sound like Ian Stringer.

Last edited:
I've always agreed about Vassell, I really wish we'd play him centrally a lot more, I always think he looks really good when played as a striker, but completely lost when played out the wing as we usually play him, he looked completely unplayable at times yesterday.

Hopefully him and Beckford will forge a bit of strike partnership, because they looked like they could be a really, really strong strikeforce at this level yesterday.

And with Nugent to come back too, oooh ya! Vassell and Nuge looked cracking together against Forest, I'm optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669