Post Match Leicester City 1 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Football League Show was poor from our point of view last night. I came home from the match really impressed by the performance and thinking we could have won by more. The FLS version had us defending against "waves of Brighton pressure" and seemingly lucky to come away with the points.

this is the problem with highlight shows, not only do you see very little of the total action but the producer can manipulate the output to his/her liking.

What I would like is a red button or internet service where can watch entire match footage on demand. There is no real technical reason they cant do it, its all down to the usual copyright rubbish again on whether they want the content available or not.

this is the problem with highlight shows, not only do you see very little of the total action but the producer can manipulate the output to his/her liking.

What I would like is a red button or internet service where can watch entire match footage on demand. There is no real technical reason they cant do it, its all down to the usual copyright rubbish again on whether they want the content available or not.

That would be a Football League decision. They have to offer the right to do that for it to happen. Is there much of a demand for that type of service though?

It was a good performance but I think people are going over the top - perhaps because of relief after some poor performances. I thought the Coventry performance was better when I thought we were superb in denying them possession. Against Brighton we were worthy winners but the result for me was always in doubt and I was pleased to hear the final whistle. When Pantsil came on I was especially concerned as at one point I felt he was close to giving away a penalty.

I am told that Vassell was man of the match and he had an excellent game - perhaps Sven will need to have him, Beckford and Nugent in the starting XI. I did however think that Bamba was even better than Vassell. With all due respect to Tunchev I think Sol is the best centre back we have had for many years and clearly Prem quality.

On yesterdays performance Peltier looked a better defender than Pantsil and his eye for goal is a bonus. When I heard the team I said that I would rather have had Danns than Abe in the team but Yuki had a good game and his goal was excellent.

It was a good performance but I think people are going over the top - perhaps because of relief after some poor performances. I thought the Coventry performance was better when I thought we were superb in denying them possession. Against Brighton we were worthy winners but the result for me was always in doubt and I was pleased to hear the final whistle. When Pantsil came on I was especially concerned as at one point I felt he was close to giving away a penalty.

I am told that Vassell was man of the match and he had an excellent game - perhaps Sven will need to have him, Beckford and Nugent in the starting XI. I did however think that Bamba was even better than Vassell. With all due respect to Tunchev I think Sol is the best centre back we have had for many years and clearly Prem quality.

On yesterdays performance Peltier looked a better defender than Pantsil and his eye for goal is a bonus. When I heard the team I said that I would rather have had Danns than Abe in the team but Yuki had a good game and his goal was excellent.

Pantsil looked like an absolute liability when he came on, giving away possession and as you say almost conceding a penalty as a direct result of poor defending.

Pantsil looked like an absolute liability when he came on, giving away possession and as you say almost conceding a penalty as a direct result of poor defending.
He carried on exactly how he was playing at Barnsley. How can a supposedly good player play as shockingly as that?

What the two of you are showing is what an incredibly difficult job a referee has. He had a split second to make up his mind.

As I see it, having watched it about 6 times, he deliberately held his arm out to stop the ball going past him.

He has a habit of doing that. Before he had a contract phone he used to prank me and then on ringing him he would ask me to ring RL and ask them to ring him so he could talk after the game. Sounds like hes enjoyed his day out today. Thanks for looking after him. We are all out at a musical show 2 of his sisters are in so he would have come home to an empty house.

You might not want to read some of the comments about Ross on Foxes Talk.

What better compliment can there be than to get slagged off on Foxestalk? A whole thread for it too!

Do they have nothing better to do than have a go at him for being a passionate Leicester fan. I mean there is now a thread dedicated to them having a go and taking the piss.

Is this not the same Forum that peterboro fox (one of those taking a pop at Ross) said about Billy Davies after the Barnsley game
No because he hasnt taken three sides into the PO's before and one to the Premier has he?

Least he would get the team organised and get the basics done, like simple defending.

I'd take him over Sven anyday.

I have sometimes wondered why most people on here have a go at Foxestalk and having seen this and other stuff that is on their site I can see why. I feel such personal stuff about a fellow City fan is out of order. I thought I had joined years ago and never posted anything much on there but I'm not sure I joined now it was probably Bentleys Roof. I was going to comment but feel I now have to join to do this and to join would be a bad taste in my mouth. At least one of them who knows Ross defended him except for his strikers idea.

I see that Superscout joined Foxestalk though because as he states
I won't give out my personal details, my house is in the West Midlands but I do travel all over the globe due to my job, so I am rarely at home, I grew up in Leicester and have supported LCFC since 1995, the year Mark McGhee was boss and we were relegated from the Premiership, I did in fact play for the Club's academy for just over 2 years until I was released during the grim period of October 2002 when we entered administration, I was posting on Talkingballs, the other forum but decided to move over here as I feel there's certain posters on there such as CateFox and BlueManiac who don't really understand the world of football, and are very tunnel-visioned and have a poor education and understanding of our beautiful game. I have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while and feel the regular posters on here are far more intelligent than the regular posters on TalkingBalls, I also feel that this forum is better managed.

I knew he had it in for Cate but BM as well.

Last edited:
I joined Foxestalk before I came here but in general the crowd was a bit 'simple' for my taste.

I joined Foxestalk before I came here but in general the crowd was a bit 'simple' for my taste.

Both forums have more than their share of blutards as well as holier than thous.

Both forums have their own inner circles, cliques and groups with pretty rubbish inside jokes (to the outside observer, although no doubt hilarious to those in on it).

The bickering is fairly pathetic but natural I suppose.

FWIW, I find FT has more of the 'extreme'. There have been far better discussions on there than on here, but there is also far more rubbish, including some HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMErs who aren't HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMING in an ironic way.

I use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570