Post Match Leicester City 1 Porto 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amartez MOTM for me. He could be our new Kante. Heading the ball out of defence from our 6yd box and a few minutes later 80 yds up ther pitch trying to swing in a cross to their penalty box.

Mahrez left the tricks in the locker tonight and just did simple things brilliantly, including that indefensible cross for Slimani to power home, and helped out in defence.

This was our Premier League winning team at their finest and the 3 new boys shone.

I think Hernandez may keep Simpson out now. He is quick, anticipates moves and that throw is going to become legendary.

I just got home now. I'll be tired for work tomorrow but well worth the trip!

I'm still buzzing. What a great atmosphere tonight and so proud and thankful to have seen my team playing Champions League football. It was an incredible atmosphere, the theme sparked a huge noise from the fans as the teams were ready. An incredible night, with more Champions League games to come!

Brilliant performance, played with high energy and a good tempo, but what really pleased me was our ability to defend as a team, that was our Leicester at their very very best.

Great performances by the usual suspects, but special mentions to Amartey, Hernandez and Slimaniwho have all come in and are starting to really look the part and have integrated into the team so well. We look far more solid and compact with Hernandez at right back, particularly his height at set pieces and it's no coincidence in his two games at right back we have kept a clean sheet and looked far more like the team from last season. I also wouldn't underestimate the return of Schmichael, whilst Zeiler has done ok, he doesn't have the presence or organisational skills of Kasper, even sat at home I felt more reassured.

Credit also to Ranieri who has so far got his tactics absolutely spot on in the champions league, maybe given the two capitulations in the league prior to champions league games, he should consider resting his stars for those league games immediately before a champions league game and give the fringe players a game, players such as Gray, Kaputska, King, Okazaki & Musa might mean we pick up the odd point in the league rather than being the gift that keeps on giving

Incredible night, just felt very special from start to finish.

That music :)

What a wonderful evening at the KP despite UEFA trying to spoil it every opportunity. No time, score or substitute info on the screens? No beer in the concourses? The most ludicrous officiating I have ever seen from a complete twat of a referee. What a gormless ****, he was. Totally clueless.

Great performance from LCFC though, absolutely bloody marvellous. Roll on Sunday and a similar performance please!

What a wonderful evening at the KP despite UEFA trying to spoil it every opportunity. No time, score or substitute info on the screens? No beer in the concourses? The most ludicrous officiating I have ever seen from a complete twat of a referee. What a gormless ****, he was. Totally clueless.

Great performance from LCFC though, absolutely bloody marvellous. Roll on Sunday and a similar performance please!
I didn't get why we couldn't have the time on the scoreboard, any ideas why that's the case?

Without a clock it felt like the 2nd half went on for several hours. Not for the lad sat next to me though, who throughout our first ever Champions League home game was staring at his phone and texting his missus.

I didn't get why we can't have a beer at half time, especially as UEFA are quite happy to roll Heineken adverts around the pitch side advertising boards for 90 minutes.
And when they could still serve Singha to the prawn sandwich brigade.

Not for the lad sat next to me though, who throughout our first ever Champions League home game was staring at his phone and texting.
Some chap near me was doing that some of the game as well. How can you pay that amount of money for a game and not bother watching it?

Amartez MOTM for me. He could be our new Kante. Heading the ball out of defence from our 6yd box and a few minutes later 80 yds up ther pitch trying to swing in a cross to their penalty box.

I'm so glad other people thought he was MOTM. I thought I could be the only one.

He gave a simply immense performance and was the best player on the pitch by a long way.

I also realised that the music has been spoiled for me. I don't know if it's because I hear it so often on their adverts etc whenever you watch by sport but it didn't stir anything in me. The support was fantastic though and did. I liked the flags that were pulled up as well.

I didn't get the time thing either. Why would they not show the time? It's so strange - especially since they probably even have a time sponsor on TV like the Premier League does now?

It made it very strange. In the first half they didn't even put the board up for stoppage time, unless they just didn't play any?
In the second half I made sure I paid attention to what time we kicked off so I could keep an eye on how long was left, but meant I was constantly looking at my watch for the last 20 minutes!

I didn't get the time thing either. Why would they not show the time? It's so strange - especially since they probably even have a time sponsor on TV like the Premier League does now?

It made it very strange. In the first half they didn't even put the board up for stoppage time, unless they just didn't play any?
In the second half I made sure I paid attention to what time we kicked off so I could keep an eye on how long was left, but meant I was constantly looking at my watch for the last 20 minutes!

They didn't play any. Not 1 second.

Seems strange when he booked 4 players first half and get constant free kicks.

Obviously the second half had subs but didn't take 4 mins!

Didn't you see the Porto players run at him because he didn't even allow the corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669