Post Match Leicester City 1 Porto 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you see the Porto players run at him because he didn't even allow the corner?

I did, and assumed he hadn't given any stoppage time... I just wasn't sure and it seemed strange not to have any.

I did, and assumed he hadn't given any stoppage time... I just wasn't sure and it seemed strange not to have any.

Made me chuckle, that - bunch of whining bitches

Having a ref who would oblige by blowing for ht to avoid us having to defend a corner, would have come in handy on Saturday. Though a 21 minute half might have caused a few raised eyebrows.

Reactions: FIF
Made me chuckle, that - bunch of whining bitches

It was great - served them right for falling over every time they were tackled.

Was it a bad ref or just common European refereeing? It felt like every tackle was a foul. At least he was consistent with that... He was very quick to his cards in the first half too which had me worried.

It was great - served them right for falling over every time they were tackled.

Was it a bad ref or just common European refereeing? It felt like every tackle was a foul. At least he was consistent with that... He was very quick to his cards in the first half too which had me worried.

Watching live in the stadium I thought the ref was over strict and booked needlessly. When I watched it later on TV I thought he got his decisions mostly right.

The problem with setting the bar that low to begin with is that it creates an atmosphere of trying to get freekicks or opponents booked in every single situation. Therefore I felt the referee to some extent deserved the constant whining he got (we have a couple of whiners in our team too - Drinkwater was screaming at the ref after pretty much every decision in the first half). But at least the ref was reasonably consistent. I've seen worse in the league

I said this at half time. He might have been picky, but he was consistent to both teams, IMO.

The Vardy push out of the wall at a free kick with the referee looking at him was just stupidity on his part as he had already seen the Porto players fall over as soon as they were touched.

Do continental referees believe football is a non-contact sport?

The Vardy push out of the wall at a free kick with the referee looking at him was just stupidity on his part as he had already seen the Porto players fall over as soon as they were touched.

Do continental referees believe football is a non-contact sport?

He was very lucky. Some refs would have classed it as violent conduct and given him a straight red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669