Post Match Leicester City 1 Sunderland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful day.

A cheese salad baguette and a glass of Elderflower (not at the stadium I hasten to say), Kasper looking really sharp (my man of the match) a deserved win an impressive start by De Laets, Vardy and Knockaert, a lovely walk back along the river and now a glass of Glenmorangie.

I do like summer football.

Any new from the King's lock tearoom these days Mr David?

He was my MOTM too.

I was surprised at just how low the attendance was.

I'm not, poor marketing, a club that makes you feel like a cash machine and crappy opposition.

I went to a beer festival instead.

Cheers for the summary. They seemed very impressed with Knockaert on RL. How did Schlupp do at left back?

Knockaert looked good and he looks the kind of player who will irritate defenders and get us penalties if he gets in the box.
I thought Schlupp did well. While I would prefer to see him as an attacker it may be no bad thing for a striker to be able to defend.

Any new from the King's lock tearoom these days Mr David?

No news which is good news. They are still serving real food prepared that day by hand and not by machine.
They still make a cappuccino that is as good as the best in Italy though you have to wait for it since they do not just press a button like some places.
It is no wonder that I increasingly resemble Mr Pickwick.

I'm not, poor marketing, a club that makes you feel like a cash machine and crappy opposition.

I went to a beer festival instead.

I was expecting it to be low, but not that low. It was weird having no one in the kop or east stand

No news which is good news. They are still serving real food prepared that day by hand and not by machine.
They still make a cappuccino that is as good as the best in Italy though you have to wait for it since they do not just press a button like some places.
It is no wonder that I increasingly resemble Mr Pickwick.

Is Kings Lock open in the week? I might cycle down there when I have a week off...

Ignore him teddy boy. If it were my choice, is have had your four front teeth removed to stop you biting down and to provide an easy "opening".
Perhaps you better follow your own advise Matt_B instead of bitting down on everything i say mmmmmm

Wow, even against Terry, that's pretty harsh.

Subject to an edit. :icon_wink It is not funny laughing at someone's discomfort. Not ha ha.

From listening to forum comments and RL the game has answered a few questions that were on my mind
1. Zak is injured but Moore seems adequate to deputise (although we need a consistent solid back4 unlike last season)
2. The Drinkwater/James central partnership works and is probably NP's no1 choice
3. The flair and creativity i thought we lacked may well be supplied by Marshall and Knockaert
4. Beks and Vardy can play together and are my choice (maybe not NP's) to start the season

It was only a friendly and its early days but if Zak can slot into that back4 and solidify the team and create some clean sheets i feel we have the midfield and strikeforce to do well this season

Last edited:
From listening to forum comments and RL the game has answered a few questions that were on my mind
1. Zak is injured but Moore seems adequate to deputise (although we need a consistent solid back4 unlike last season)
2. The Drinkwater/James central partnership works and is probably NP's no1 choice
3. The flair and creativity i thought we lacked may well be supplied by Marshall and Knockaert
4. Beks and Vardy can play together and are my choice (maybe not NP's) to start the season

It was only a friendly and its early days but if Zak can slot into that back4 and solidify the team and create some clean sheets i feel we have the midfield and strikeforce to do well this season

Does that mean you'll stop panicking now?? ;)

Don't get me wrong, James looked decent, but an in form Andy King would walk into most Champ teams and a King/Drinkwater midfield is probably the best we can offer.

Having said that King, Danns and James all looked a little out of shape, all 3 guilty of heavy touches and sloppy passing.

And have you only just got the message that Whitbread is injured? :icon_bigg

Moore had a decent game against a seriously crap side today, has anyone else seen much of him this summer?

Where's Zak?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670