Post Match Leicester City 1 Sunderland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised at just how low the attendance was.

I thought long and hard about whether or not to go. In the end, and probably after watching so many truly wonderful olympic performances recently I decided to give overpaid pampered prima donna footballers a miss.

Gawd I hope I can get a bit more enthusiasm for next Saturday.

I thought long and hard about whether or not to go. In the end, and probably after watching so many truly wonderful olympic performances recently I decided to give overpaid pampered prima donna footballers a miss.

Gawd I hope I can get a bit more enthusiasm for next Saturday.

Quotes from the media this week suggest Victoria Pendleton and others will earn over a million a year after the Olympics and they won't even be competing. More than most of our team and a lot more than the majority footballers

Last edited:
Quotes from the media this week suggest Victoria Pendleton and others will earn over a million a year after the Olympics and they won't even be competing.

There will be a few that do exceptionally well, but the majority of GB's medal winners will go back to being unknown outside their own sports.

I've just had a look at our medallists from Beijing and just looking at the names I couldn't even name the sport for at least half of them.

Anyone who didn't think the writer was a prick from the first few paragraphs surely had to by here...

Now it's hard not to admire the commitment that some of the young, nubile female athletes have made to toning their physiques for our viewing pleasure. But that in itself is nothing more than I can see on several special-interest websites I favour – where, believe me, there are far happier endings than simply a gold medal.

Surprised no one picked out Drinkwater as man of the match - he ran the show in the first half - just a question of who to play alongside him.

James did ok, but I didn't think Danns or King did enough to put forward their case for a start.

Certainly think Liam Moore deserves a starting role and then go for a loan defender if that doesn't work out

Thought Nugent was disappointing today

Morgan was man of the match for me steadying influence at the back won almost eveything in the air and played with three different partners.

first half the two banks of four worked really well, didn't appear to be the same energy after the half time changes

I was surprised at just how low the attendance was.

I broke my toe playing cricket instead. Still preferable to watching a pre-season friendly against ****ing Sunderland.

well I thought Drinkwater was M.O.M by a mile. For me he has given Pearson the tak of selecting who will play along side him.

Interesting to see Konch play at CB and thought Moore looked more comfortable at RB. Schlupp looked capable at LB but not overly interested in it. I have to say he could become my ideal LB though. Adventourous, capable of getting beyond a man with ease, decent delivery and an excellent shot on him.

Kasper was superb but didn't have too much to do in the first half.

Didn't see much in James to make me think he will get in ahead of King or Danns anytime soon.

And whilst i've been a critic of his, i hope Beckford can go into the season with the same enthusiasm for the game and quality he seemed to show today. whether he's going to win me over completely......I can only hope so, but i would personally start with Beckford and Nugent.

Last edited:
thought Nugent looked a shadow of the player of last season, but its early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669