Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean what's up with this...

5ec38545-ee75-262c.jpg

Nothing extraordinary there except that Posh obviously have hired one of the volleyball players from the olympics

I don't "belong" to a country called England, it just happens to be the land mass on which I was born and choose to reside.

I do belong to England though not in a nasty EDF way. I love many other countries but I am always a guest there and careful not to offend. In England I am at home and can say what I think. The only time I have been impolite about anything while in a foreign country was when a Dutchman asked directly if there was anything I did not like about Holland and I had to explain who Mark De Vries was.

It makes a change to be able to comment positively on so many individual performances, Morgan and Moore looked solid and i was impressed with the latter who i thought showed good composure and maturity for one so young and inexperienced at this level. De Laet i thought was quality, looking strong, pacy and confident. Dyer and Konchesky had good games as well. James and Drinkwater seemed to click into gear in the second half with much more purpose and was surprised at the time when James was substituted. King looked more like his old self when he came on. Decent start to the season.

For me this is the most accurate summary of the performance so far.

I agree. He reminded me of Paul Dickov in the way he plays the game, although he is physically stronger and quicker. Should have scored with a free header from ten yards out in the second half. Has bagfuls of energy - kept harrying and chasing till the final whistle. Most impressed.

I hope you are right. Dickov flourished alongside Deane who was a magnificent old-fashioned centre forward.Whatever Nugent or Beckford's qualities they are not going to take the weight off him the way that Deane did with Dickov or Howard did with Fryatt. Remembering that he was playing part time last season I expected that Vardy was the one making way for Nugent and not Beckford. It was difficult to believe Beckford could be tired.

Didn't listen to the game, wanted to but had a vicious Satdee hangover and it was on late here.

Pleased with the win and great to read positive comments from those that went today. As some have said an important win that we might have drawn in previous seasons.

Haha, still big-spending Leicester.

Good goal for King.

Last edited:
The very notion of a human being 'belonging' to any particular state (country - my edit DG) is nauseating.

Within prescribed constraints you can.

In your situation I would feel I belonged to the country of W B Yeats, James Joyce and Katie Taylor. However, things that nauseate one person can be regarded with affection by another. History suggests that in a hundred years time our views will all seem very foolish. Enjoy the season Macky.

In your situation I would feel I belonged to the country of W B Yeats, James Joyce and Katie Taylor. However, things that nauseate one person can be regarded with affection by another. History suggests that in a hundred years time our views will all seem very foolish. Enjoy the season Macky.

Macky is an Englishman who happens to live in Ireland. :102:

I think, David, that the issue lies in your choice of the term "belong to", ie owned by. I'm sure that with your very Welsh name you would resent any suggestion that England "owns" you.

You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the ... you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"

But if EDF hadn't been the official energy supplier to London 2012, then Mo and co would have been running round and round in the dark.

I bet the french loved the fact that their electricity company was the official supplier to London 2012.

Back to the game - I wonder if the person in charge of the sprinkler system got their wrists slapped yesterday?

Last edited:
Following on from his tweet after the cup game about having a great view from the bench, Nugent tweeted during the Southampton game saying "that's why you don't leave your top scorers on the bench!".

Now says people read too much into tweets... maybe he should think about that!

I think, David, that the issue lies in your choice of the term "belong to", ie owned by. I'm sure that with your very Welsh name you would resent any suggestion that England "owns" you.

I belong to a number of organizations and societies including this forum, I feel an affection for them all but not deference. I have many times quoted the historian A J P Taylor "Nobody is better than me and I am no better than anyone else."

As often happens I was aiming to provoke while never saying anything I do not believe. Again as often happens the thing people picked up on is not what I expected - will nobody defend the posh horse riders or synchronised swimmers.

As for the Welsh connection you are right. I wish I could say that "David" came from the Michelangelo statue but in fact I was named after an elderly Welsh Prime Minister.

Back to football and news from the bench.

Mike Stowell was not as funny as usual I hope he is not mellowing. Nigel certainly has not mellowed and was quite candid in his opinion of the assistant referee. At around ten minutes in Nigel had a go at Beckford about something. In the later stages he seemed unhappy with Knockaerts positioning at dead balls.
Just before half time Steve Walsh Sr came down to the dug out with a big piece of paper. Whastever he wrote on it seemed to work as the second half performance was better.

After our first goal Darren Ferguson reminded me of the P G Wodehouse quote "It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669