Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the goals on sky, suprised morgan wasn't penalised for leaning on, but hey he's a big fella. Kings goal was top draw, he made it look easy, but to control the direction at that pace takes some doing.

No complaints from Peterborough. There was one player who put their arms up towards the ref in some half hearted attempt to get the goal cancelled, and a couple of his team mates joined in, but it was 50/50 and over the season we'll get the decision, other times we won't.

I mean what's up with this...

5ec38545-ee75-262c.jpg

Marshall looked a bit up himself.

Thats a lot of shirt pulling from the Peterboro bloke, he should be booked for impeading Morgan.

I'm very pleased with what I saw today. The first half was a bit dull and we allowed them to have too much possession but they never really threatened us with it. The second half was a showcase of so much of what was missing last season. We kept attacking when a goal up, we used the full width of the pitch very well, and we kept hold of the ball with ease.

If the second half performance is what we can expect over the course of the season we'll finish in the top six. My only slight concern is that Peterborough did have a couple of decent opportunities in the second half. A better side would probably have made the most of them. I'm going to be optimistic tonight and put that down to a bit of early season rust and Peterborough's style of play, which is built around drawing stronger sides on to hit them on the break.

Vardy was magnificent today. If ever a performance deserved a goal it was his. Chased everything, gave up on nothing and single handedly created Kings goal.

Vardy was magnificent today. If ever a performance deserved a goal it was his. Chased everything, gave up on nothing and single handedly created Kings goal.

Agreed. I've heard/read comments praising his work rate. Such praise is deserved, but does him a disservice. He looks a bloody good player.

Last edited:
It makes a change to be able to comment positively on so many individual performances, Morgan and Moore looked solid and i was impressed with the latter who i thought showed good composure and maturity for one so young and inexperienced at this level. De Laet i thought was quality, looking strong, pacy and confident. Dyer and Konchesky had good games as well. James and Drinkwater seemed to click into gear in the second half with much more purpose and was surprised at the time when James was substituted. King looked more like his old self when he came on. Decent start to the season.

Every player had a good game today. Peterborough did not want to play to win in the first half and we were able to boss them in the second half. Our new French winger was clearly ready to get stuck in and I think could be a star. I am not sure Pearson will be happy for him to be doing step-overs, back heels and side flicks. He will want to stamp out any of this fancy continental malarkey!

I agree. He reminded me of Paul Dickov in the way he plays the game, although he is physically stronger and quicker. Should have scored with a free header from ten yards out in the second half. Has bagfuls of energy - kept harrying and chasing till the final whistle. Most impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669