Post Match Leicester City 2 - 0 Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belong to a number of organizations and societies including this forum, I feel an affection for them all but not deference. I have many times quoted the historian A J P Taylor "Nobody is better than me and I am no better than anyone else."

Probably more appropriate is Grouch Marx when he commented about not wanting to be part of any group that would have *him* as a member!

If A.J.P.Taylor is no better than anyone then he must be more than a bit odious.

I am a better human being than Thatcher, Pinochet, Pol Pot and Rod Hull.

Pah, only the best go out like Rod Hull did though!

By falling horrifically through a glass greenhouse and smashing your face in with glass? Sounds like a horrible way to go.

Just watched the Sky tv highlights, now calling us "promotion chasing Leicester."
Sounds so much better than big spending Leicester, long may it continue.

(The commentator didn't make a fuss over Wes' goal being a foul, only that it was his first goal).

Good win to start the season with and even better to keep a clean sheet with what could be argued as a weakened back 4. It was a very winnable game on paper, at home to one team that isn't considered for promotion, but these are the ones that have proven problematic for us in the past so great to win it with what sounded a very convincing second half. Seemed a classic Pearson approach really, slow first half to gauge the opponents and then raise the game in the second half.

Couple of things that have stood out from people's views is that Vardy seems to be getting wanked over for exactly the same thing that everyone tends to take the piss out of Waggy for. Not saying this is a bad thing as workrate does pay off, doesn't make up for lack of ability, but can provide extra impetus.

Also think that people may be reading too much into Nugents tweets. I'm pretty sure the majority of football fans were quite shocked to see a player who has scored close to 100 goals over the past 3 years not be included in a starting line-up but then scores within minutes of coming on. If we had lost after missing a hatful of chances then I would be more inclined to agree but I'd say that it was more of a poor choice of phrase from DN that could be open to mis/interpretation.

Good win to start the season with and even better to keep a clean sheet with what could be argued as a weakened back 4. It was a very winnable game on paper, at home to one team that isn't considered for promotion, but these are the ones that have proven problematic for us in the past so great to win it with what sounded a very convincing second half. Seemed a classic Pearson approach really, slow first half to gauge the opponents and then raise the game in the second half.

Couple of things that have stood out from people's views is that Vardy seems to be getting wanked over for exactly the same thing that everyone tends to take the piss out of Waggy for. Not saying this is a bad thing as workrate does pay off, doesn't make up for lack of ability, but can provide extra impetus.

Also think that people may be reading too much into Nugents tweets. I'm pretty sure the majority of football fans were quite shocked to see a player who has scored close to 100 goals over the past 3 years not be included in a starting line-up but then scores within minutes of coming on. If we had lost after missing a hatful of chances then I would be more inclined to agree but I'd say that it was more of a poor choice of phrase from DN that could be open to mis/interpretation.

Vardey looked far more accomplished on the ball that Waghorn. I'm also not aware of anyone wanking, except Macky and Alex, but they never put it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669