Leicester City 4 - 0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that anyone questioning Gallagher's performance today was at the game. They must have wandered into another stadium. Poor souls.

At half time I would have certainly said Gallagher was having a poor game. In the second half Gallagher scored a good goal plus a well struck penalty and obviously redeemed his performance.

Clearly Sven rates Gallagher and he will be here next year. I am more concerned about our fullbacks. I rate Naughton very highly and while Vitor played reasonably well his return to Benfica will not bother me. On the other flank Van Aanholt played like a sinister Naughton. I would love to see them both back here next season.

. the teles seemed to be good but note werth lookin at um for lol win on tuesday and a hard fought win at reading be brilliant

You wasted a few seconds, more likely a few minutes or even hours in your case, in trying to type something intelligible. Unfortunately you failed abysmally. Don't bother attempting to post anything else in future.

No one has a clue what you are on about so do us all a favour and don't bother wasting our time......

Very impressed with Kamara & Mee today. Mee was outstanding, had Iwelumo in his back pocket, won everything against him.

Quite incredible isn't it that those who know nothing about football were so quick to castigate Mee after his very first game?

Those who understand football immediately recognised what a good player he is and have been proved correct.

You wasted a few seconds, more likely a few minutes or even hours in your case, in trying to type something intelligible. Unfortunately you failed abysmally. Don't bother attempting to post anything else in future.

No one has a clue what you are on about so do us all a favour and don't bother wasting our time......

I was going to ask you to perhaps be a little more reasonable, but then I realised that you were already being perfectly reasonable.
Although you may have been a little harsh telling it not to post again. It's free to post what it likes, within reason, and we're all free to choose whether or not to read it.

yeah I wodnered what changed and then rememebred no bruma, seems a bit of coincidence we play well before he comes, then win our first game after he out 4-0.

Best performance I've seen at the Walkers for a few years, possibly longer. We played with a swagger. Kamara and Vitor were immense. As good a player as Naughton is Vitor gave us a more balanced defensive line. If only Wellens shot from Vassells chip had gone in and not hit the bar!

Last edited:
Those who understand football immediately recognised what a good player he is and have been proved correct.

You've not been proven correct because every time he comes against some real quality, he struggles. For example, Grant Holt from Norwich he couldn't get near him and looked a mug. Iwelumo's yesterdays man.

It's one of those City fan knacks of seeing a player in Royal blue have a good game and he's an excellent player. In the general scheme of football, he's a very naive defender who does the grit of the job very well but his marking, passing and awareness really need work. At least he wants to be here and learn.

Last edited:
When we went 4 -0 up, me and my mates were pleased that RW hit the crossbar, and gally didn't get his hat trick.

cos we had 4 - 0 at 40 -1 :)

Twice in a season after nothing in 8 big smiles allround.

When we went 4 -0 up, me and my mates were pleased that RW hit the crossbar, and gally didn't get his hat trick.

cos we had 4 - 0 at 40 -1 :)

Twice in a season after nothing in 8 big smiles allround.

I jokingly predicted 4-0 to a few people yesterday

didn't put any money on it though :icon_sad:

Jas predicted 4-0 and got all the scorers and goal times right. £500 million at 950 million to 1. He also bet on the Grand National winner and got all the finishing places right in the Malaysia Grand Prix. He now has infinite money.

No way would Howard have played the ball ahead of Kamara for the first though, Howard would have shot himself and missed. Yakubu also only had the opportunity to win one header all game (which he lost) iirc, so it seems a bizarre thing to criticise him on.

I thought Yakubu had a good game today, his crossing in particular impressed me, he had 2 or 3 perfectly weighted crosses that we should have made more of.

The ball was played up to yak a few times and he got beat in the air by their no.4 everytime. If you watch the first goal again he miss controls it when played into his feet, he never intended to play it back to Kamara. Well that's how I saw it anyway:102::102: I'll look again, but when I watched it back last night I saw nothing to make me change my mind.

The crosses you mention I can't honestly recall 1 of them, I'm not saying he didn't but I don't remember him doing so. The best thing he did for me was when he played in Van the man for a run down the wing. Not enough for a player that will cost £4 mill to buy. Not for me anyway. for that money I'm sure Sven can find better.

Howard did win a lot of headers, but they were shit and went nowhere near a team mate.

My point was more that Yakubu, for a lone striker, his determination to win the ball looks poor. I will agree that when he did get the ball his distribution was different gravy to that of howards. But I wouldn't play howard either. On what i've seen of Kamara I would like to see him with maybe vassell and gallagher either side of him. If Yakubu's 28 then i'm 128. I think you could add at least 6 years to his real age.

Last edited:
The ball was played up to yak a few times and he got beat in the air by their no.4 everytime. If you watch the first goal again he miss controls it when played into his feet, he never intended to play it back to Kamara. Well that's how I saw it anyway:102::102: I'll look again, but when I watched it back last night I saw nothing to make me change my mind.

The crosses you mention I can't honestly recall 1 of them, I'm not saying he didn't but I don't remember him doing so. The best thing he did for me was when he played in Van the man for a run down the wing. Not enough for a player that will cost £4 mill to buy. Not for me anyway. for that money I'm sure Sven can find better.

I have just watched it on foxes player and he does control it, in fact it was very good control :icon_redf BUT I maintain he didn't intend it for Kamara, it looks very much like he was trying to turn back onto his right peg, but Kamara nipped in and finished it off. Either way to be fair it was good forward play and movement. ( I feel a bit of a fool now, but in my defence I was sat at the other end of the stadium) And still doesn't do enough to convince me we should splash out £4mill on him.

Honestly, Yakubu is not going to be the kind of player who will chase everything down, anyone who wants him to chase down balls and win headers and such like needs to accept that's not his job. People seem fine to accept that Howard's job is not to score goals or that it's not Mee's job to dribble past 6 opponents, but yet these constant criticisms Yakubu gets for not doing certain things wrangle with me. What's the point of him wasting energy chasing the ball down as someone like Waghorn constantly does? Yakubu's job is simply to score and create goals.

Simple fact is: 7 goals and 4 assists in 14 games are both absolutely fantastic ratios, especially for such a low scoring league as the Championship where even the division's top scorers often don't get 1 in 2. If he kept that level up for an entire season he could easily end up challenging for both top goalscorer and top assister in the division. A player who can play such an important part in so many goals is someone who is worth a lot, lot more than £4mil.

Honestly, Yakubu is not going to be the kind of player who will chase everything down, anyone who wants him to chase down balls and win headers and such like needs to accept that's not his job. People seem fine to accept that Howard's job is not to score goals or that it's not Mee's job to dribble past 6 opponents, but yet these constant criticisms Yakubu gets for not doing certain things wrangle with me. What's the point of him wasting energy chasing the ball down as someone like Waghorn constantly does? Yakubu's job is simply to score and create goals.

Simple fact is: 7 goals and 4 assists in 14 games are both absolutely fantastic ratios, especially for such a low scoring league as the Championship where even the division's top scorers often don't get 1 in 2. If he kept that level up for an entire season he could easily end up challenging for both top goalscorer and top assister in the division. A player who can play such an important part in so many goals is someone who is worth a lot, lot more than £4mil.

This.

I agree. Anyone who complains about lack of chasing from the Yak would have been furious with Frank Worthington - yet Frank was one of the best and surely the most loved centreforward we have had in my time as a City fan. I have just realised that the last comment could be read two ways and both would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669