Leicester City 4 - 0 Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
brilliant game the whole team made a good side like burnley look like relegation strugglers, weale made good save, gallagher man of the match for me was outstanding. the teles seemed to be good but note werth lookin at um for lol win on tuesday and a hard fought win at reading be brilliant

Vitor MOTM for me. SLotted in nicely at right back, but I doubt he will keep Naughton out the team.

I thought the first half was pretty even. Second half once we got the second goal we never looked back, and it was a comfortable win. Kamara was superb as well.

the only change I will accept on Tuesday is Naughton in for Vitor, though I thought Vitor played well but Naughton has a better end product

Outstanding team effort. Kamara is amazing. Close ball control outstanding. Just dances around the opposition. Only beaten by being hacked down. Always pulls 2 or 3 players to him, so creates space for others.

Only weak link appeared to be Andy King. Every time the ball was passed to him in their penalty box he contrived to kick the ball anywhere but towards their goal or one of our players!

Could easily have been 6-0. Smart move by Sven to rest Yakubu and Kamara for the last 20 mins ready for Tuesday.

I knew you'd win this. It feels like the start of the season again. All to play for.

After a performance like that, it seems a bit churlish to say anything critical, but did anyone else find the volume of cheering for Weale just teeny weeny bit over the top (and out of kilter with the reception for any other player)?

I thought he had a reasonably good game but he did make a couple of errors that Ricardo would have got dogs abuse for.

Just an observation.

After a performance like that, it seems a bit churlish to say anything critical, but did anyone else find the volume of cheering for Weale just teeny weeny bit over the top (and out of kilter with the reception for any other player)?

I thought he had a reasonably good game but he did make a couple of errors that Ricardo would have got dogs abuse for.

Just an observation.

I agree about Weale. he flapped at one that he should have held easily and got cheered by the morons behind me.

What an excellent day.

The Kings Lock tearooms opened for the summer and I was in a nice garden enjoying good company. I had an cheese salad baguette with a superb cappuccino that I had to wait for - always avoid places that serve cappuccino straight away.
Down to the match in glorious sunshine.
Kamara looked to be an excellent player even apart from his goal.
Gallagher scored a penalty and then a very good goal to make up for the number of times he gave possession away.
Van Aanholt was for me the man of the match even before he scored a superb goal.

All is well.
Looking forward to Tuesday night.

I knew as soon as I saw Kamara's boots that he was going to be good - and he didn't disappoint :icon_bigg

I knew as soon as I saw Kamara's boots that he was going to be good - and he didn't disappoint :icon_bigg

A rainbow of boot colours on show today. Only Vitor had a mans colour in black.

Cracking performance.

It's so, so much more enjoyable when we win playing like that as opposed to grinding out ugly victories as we did under O'Neill/Adams/Pearson.

Gallagher scored a penalty and then a very good goal to make up for the number of times he gave possession away..

David, can you ever actually just compliment Gallagher without turning it into a backhanded one? Always seems to me like you have some sort of personal vendetta against him.

I don't recall Gallagher giving the ball away more times than anyone else particularly.

From them there BBC people:

Attempts on target:
Leicester 3
Burnley 1

Not bad considering we won 4-0

Does a penalty not constitute a shot on goal?

Those stats are BS. Forget about the penalty, as they never count them as goal attempts.

But, apart from three goals from open play, there was Gallaghers on-target attempt for his hat-trick.

47% possession for Burnley seems a bit generous too.

From them there BBC people:

Attempts on target:
Leicester 3
Burnley 1

Not bad considering we won 4-0

Does a penalty not constitute a shot on goal?

absolute rubbish. do these people even watch the game. I thought Kamara looked quality. Howard won more headers in 10 mins than yak won in his 80. put kammy uptop for the yak and get vassell on instead, he looked lively when he got on. Also, praise where it's due I thought Oakley had a decent game (never thought I say that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669