Post Match Leicester City 6 (SIX) - 0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich were pretty rank, and their goalie was the worst I've seen in a long time. We were pretty good, and I don't know what they put in Lloyd Dyer's tea, but I'd like some please, best I've seen him play for us. A mention too for Waghorn, he was exceptional, his hold-up play, awareness and distribution were first class. I've had my doubts about him in the past, but he seems to have come on leaps and bounds as a footballer, with so much more to his game. Hopefully he can keep this vein of form up ( I thought in the games leading up to Ipswich he had been playing pretty well ).

A dash of confidence! He looked unplayable yesterday, his decision making was excellent, although I think that may have been down to the fact that the right back couldn't get anywhere near him so Lloyd was rarely under any pressure. His performance was summed up by his first touch and cross from which Waggy hit the post. 50 yard pass and he just took it in his stride and popped a lovely ball over, it would have been some goal, regardless of the crap opposition.

It was almost surreal at yesterday, when we attacked, we scored, the only thing that was missing for me was a goal for Vardy. Its almost difficult to analyse the game, because Ipswich were so, painfully shit, but if McCarthy can instill some confidence and a decent system, they will stay up with that squad.

Also, what exactly did DJ do that was so wrong during his time with us to merit that reaction for sections of the crowd yesterday? Some people near me were getting very wound up by him being on the pitch.

Important thing now is to carry some extra confidence into next batch of games.

I think Ipswich were about as bad as a side can be at this level including a keeper who might want to consider a career change - but they were despatched very effectively.

Yesterday was just lovely. I thought we were better against Forest but we were more clinical yesterday than I've seen us in years. I've been a critic of Dyer's in the past but he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. I was delighted for Waghorn. He took his goal well and was unlucky to come away with just the one. I hope that gives him the confidence he needs in front of goal because his general play has been very good the last couple of games. He's another player I've criticised in the past but, and this goes for Dyer also, there aren't many players I'd rather be proved wrong by. Andy King put in what I think was his best performance of the season. He was a constant threat on the edge of the Ipswich box, always looking to stick in a dangerous through ball. Whitbread looked a bit iffy on the ball at times, Knockaert frustrated a little, and Schlupp appeared uncertain in possession on occasion, but having a real moan about these things can be left for another day.

We have what looks to be a nice set of fixtures coming up. There's no reason we can't be challenging for a place in the top two come Christmas.

Having made comments in the past regarding martin waghorn,im coming clean after watching him play yesterday i can say no other that i got it wrong,the lad worked his socks off yesterday ,and having bad luck with his header when it hit the post he got his just reward with his goal,i hope thats going to give him a kickstart and start a goal spree for the lad ,great show all round though. Ipswich were a very poor side and they deserved to have six put past them,.

Whilst posters continue to acknowledge troll's ridiculous posts, we will never fecking get rid of him.

Also, what exactly did DJ do that was so wrong during his time with us to merit that reaction for sections of the crowd yesterday? Some people near me were getting very wound up by him being on the pitch.

Erm............. Ah, struggling a bit here.

DJ did not do much wrong. He went on loan and made it clear to a local paper that he did not want to return to Leicester. It is a great mistake for players not to realise that what they say to one set of fans will get back to another.
DJ was Martin Allen's big money signing and was preferred to Matty Fryatt. He did not play well that season in a team which was basically lacking in character and should be regarded as one of many who were responsible for our relegation.

No doubt you are right about the reaction near you but I was not aware of any real nastiness toward DJ yesterday. There was some mild booing when the team was read out and the "DJ DJ whats the score" chant was mild enough. It hardly compared with what Mark McGhee, Dennis Wise or Marlon King received; more the good humoured taunting that Neil Warnock receives and I feel enjoys.

People complained that DJ did not put much effort into his play but I cannot remember a Leicester player who dived so frequently and who rolled in agony so energetically.

DJ did not do much wrong. He went on loan and made it clear to a local paper that he did not want to return to Leicester. It is a great mistake for players not to realise that what they say to one set of fans will get back to another.
DJ was Martin Allen's big money signing and was preferred to Matty Fryatt. He did not play well that season in a team which was basically lacking in character and should be regarded as one of many who were responsible for our relegation.

No doubt you are right about the reaction near you but I was not aware of any real nastiness toward DJ yesterday. There was some mild booing when the team was read out and the "DJ DJ whats the score" chant was mild enough. It hardly compared with what Mark McGhee, Dennis Wise or Marlon King received; more the good humoured taunting that Neil Warnock receives and I feel enjoys.

People complained that DJ did not put much effort into his play but I cannot remember a Leicester player who dived so frequently and who rolled in agony so energetically.

The 'what's the score?' chants were evenly spread and harmless enough, although a few lads near me were directing a fair amount of abuse towards DJ, calling him a scumbag etc, and even 'Judas', which was odd.

The Sunday Times report on the game was written by James Masters who weirdly was apparantly at Selhurst Park

The Sunday Times report on the game was written by James Masters who weirdly was apparantly at Selhurst Park

There is a locally based radio commentator who has been known to do live radio updates on Scottish matches whilst sitting in his lounge in Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566