Post Match Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the clip of Youri's goal at least 75671 times, I have to give the commentary to BT Sport. I watched on BBC to avoid the adverts and Glenn Hoddle, but hearing Robbie Savage scream as it goes in really sells the moment. Meanwhile on BBC you had Jermaine Jenas sitting there silent like a prick.

"Tielemans... lining one up... OOOOH! And what a goal! What a brilliant goal by Youri Tielemans! And the Leicester city fans go absolutely potty!"

I normally don't have much time for football on telly and the modern partridgesque commentary, but those words will live with me to my deathbead.
Where can I see the BT clips?

From Garth Crooks' team of the week article:

Is it too much to ask to have a single pundit that isn't in the pocket of the big six? Even those who were lauded for lambasting the super league like Gary Neville are back to this attitude of superiority now it's been brushed under the carpet. At least it makes the victory even sweeter :042:

Yes, but he then also goes on to say this..

‘I would like to offer my congratulations to Leicester after they won the FA Cup on Saturday. Their Premier League title is the greatest achievement in the club's history but winning the FA Cup must be a close second.

An awful lot has happened to this football club over the past 10 years, not least the loss of their chairman in a tragic helicopter accident.

I was touched that Kasper Schmeichel, their man of the match, said after the game that Leicester players had a special way of paying tribute to their former owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, revealing: "We have a picture on the inside of our shirts so he's always with us." What a tribute.

I watched Brendan Rodgers go to great lengths to make sure that Vichai's son, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, joined in the post-match celebrations.

A Manchester United fan turned to me and said, as if in pain: "Why can't we have that relationship with our owners?" It was at that point it dawned on me that football clubs are nothing more than extended families. You all share in the joy and the pain together.

There can be no detachment between the owners, fans or players. Which is why the prospect of English clubs joining the now failed European Super League was so preposterous. It drove a wedge between their fans and their owners.

Leicester City are a football family in every sense of the word. In the same way Manchester United were under Louis Edwards, Arsenal were under Peter Hill-Wood and Tottenham Hotspur were under Sidney Wale.

They were men who had a deep sense of duty to their community and loyalty to their fans. In fact you didn't need fans on the board because they were fans themselves. Leicester City didn't just win the FA Cup on Saturday, they reminded us just how a football club should be run.’

‘I would like to offer my congratulations to Leicester after they won the FA Cup on Saturday. Their Premier League title is the greatest achievement in the club's history but winning the FA Cup must be a close second.

An awful lot has happened to this football club over the past 10 years, not least the loss of their chairman in a tragic helicopter accident.

I was touched that Kasper Schmeichel, their man of the match, said after the game that Leicester players had a special way of paying tribute to their former owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, revealing: "We have a picture on the inside of our shirts so he's always with us." What a tribute.

I watched Brendan Rodgers go to great lengths to make sure that Vichai's son, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, joined in the post-match celebrations.

A Manchester United fan turned to me and said, as if in pain: "Why can't we have that relationship with our owners?" It was at that point it dawned on me that football clubs are nothing more than extended families. You all share in the joy and the pain together.

There can be no detachment between the owners, fans or players. Which is why the prospect of English clubs joining the now failed European Super League was so preposterous. It drove a wedge between their fans and their owners.

Leicester City are a football family in every sense of the word. In the same way Manchester United were under Louis Edwards, Arsenal were under Peter Hill-Wood and Tottenham Hotspur were under Sidney Wale.

They were men who had a deep sense of duty to their community and loyalty to their fans. In fact you didn't need fans on the board because they were fans themselves. Leicester City didn't just win the FA Cup on Saturday, they reminded us just how a football club should be run.’

Nah, someone else must've written that and added it to the end for him

Yeah, and next week he'll say something like

"Iheanacho's hat trick for Chelsea was brilliant. He'd be superb leading the line for (manchester, but he won't say Manchester) City when he decides he needs a step up"

Leicester City are a football family in every sense of the word. In the same way Manchester United were under Louis Edwards

I dunno Garth, personally I hope our owners aren't selling rotten meat to schools.

Saturday was crazy, I was shivering from post-covid jab effects and cried for half an hour before kick off. It's still sinking in that we've finally won "that blessed pot." Seen lots of comments saying how nice it is to see a team and fans so elated about winning it, as compared to the usual suspects who treat it as a consolation prize. I hope that trend continues.

I’ve got a vard on

If the assistant VAR official had been running that line during the game there probably wouldn't have been any need for the VAR review.

I was in tears again just now watching the 14/15 - 15/16 relegation to champions video. Then Khun Vichai's passing, re-living those memories. Watched the highlights today and Top with the squad and I continued very emotionally...then all of a sudden this video popped up and I had the widest grin on my face...

The WIDEST grin watching this. Unreal.

What's that they've got round their necks? Is it, could it be....... AN FA CUP WINNERS MEDAL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566