Leicester City - Football League Champions 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this on the post-match thread and then realised it was more suited to this thread. ..

Players these days are paid too much, don't live among the fans and the pitch is too far from the fans. Yet I really cannot remember so close a bond between players, management and fans

I put this on the post-match thread and then realised it was more suited to this thread. ..

Players these days are paid too much, don't live among the fans and the pitch is too far from the fans. Yet I really cannot remember so close a bond between players, management and fans

Fans who won't be there next season after the enormous price rises probably.So lets enjoy the moment.

I was ten the first time I experienced this.

The celebration then was fags and handshakes all round.

No self control these modern players.

Lots of champagne in them there photos

I'm going to write to my MP

Between 49 seconds and 1 minute in that video Drinkwater is cheering, jumping up and down and even has his arms around King. What the actual **** **** :icon_eek:

Open top bus parade on bank holiday Monday, May 5th

A cracking video!

Over the past year or so me and my family have been through quite a lot, illnesses, disagreements, fall outs, tears, pain etc. Needless to say, this season has provided the light relief when needed the most. Although I havnt managed to get to any of the games, due to one reason or another, seeing the results and catching the odd game on a dodgy stream has given me the escapism I have needed at the most difficult times. Now, having just watched that video, I found myself smiling, but not the fake smile I have had to use over the last few months, but I lost control of my face, grinning like a Cheshire cat and probably looking like a right moron whilst fighting back tears, but not tears like I have shed over the last few months, these at tears of genuine joy.

Thank you Nigel, thank you to every player who has worked towards this moment, thank you to the owners for giving us the stability to accomplish everything we have craved over the last 10 years and thank you to everyone on talkingballs for the light relief. This moment ranks with one of the best I have experienced in my life, and has come just when needed. This moment is to be savoured, and I intend to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem mate.

Shame that Soulsby has pedestrianised half of Leicester meaning they will get nowhere near the city centre.

They could use mobility scooters or maybe just ride through the pedestrian areas on bikes

Shame that Soulsby has pedestrianised half of Leicester meaning they will get nowhere near the city centre.

Ai it's a shame it's now safe to walk near the shops. To be honest, it's hardly a long walk from the clock tower to any of the roads they could drive down. They could even de-restrict the area for a time.

Ai it's a shame it's now safe to walk near the shops. To be honest, it's hardly a long walk from the clock tower to any of the roads they could drive down. They could even de-restrict the area for a time.

It would be ludicrous if they didnt.

The missing sight of chav'd cars pumping out heavily distorted music around the clock tower and Church gate is one of the main contributions to the decline of the city centre.

Last edited:
Anybody see the cheeky tweet from SSL telling the players they can thank him later for his help in securing the championship? Made me chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669