Confirmed Transfer Leicester City to Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, just sometimes things are meant to be. After supporting our beloved team for the thick end of forty years THIS is the best I have felt.

I doubted Pearson and supported Sven, thank god football fans aren't managers.

I am finding it quite difficult to articulate just how I feel overall at the moment, joy at promotion tinged with sadness (a little) that we didn't secure promotion to the top table on 'the day', I somehow feel a bit cheated.

This has been an astonishing season and so unLeicester in its construction that I can barely describe it. We have breezed this division, not only that but played with panache and a swagger that I can never remember before. Even in the heady MON era we weren't exactly renowned for our flair but what we have just witnessed over the last 40 games is truly beautiful.

To that end I thank the group of 20 or so players that have contributed this season, to the members of TB for their continued wit, wisdom and downright stupidity, not to mention a GSOH, but I feel compelled to thank two people or groups more than anyone else.

To our owners who have steadfastly steered our ship to the promise land and remained patient in spite of some fans impatience (me included).

Most of all I thank Nigel Pearson, a humble and private man who has gone about his work calmly and with a professionalism most rare in the hyperbowl that is currently competitive football.

Whatever happens next you will have earned a place in Leicester folklore and I thank you sincerely for all you have done for 'our' club.

We are Leicester City.

Last edited:
Pretty good feeling yesterday morning. Got texts, Viber, Whatsap messages tingling away as I roused myself from sleep early morning. Straight to BBC championship (must delete from favourites) there it was, unbelievably QPR and Derby had both gifting us a remarkable favour. I wasn't all that emotional just got up and had a brew. We all know we were up for a few weeks. Burnley just meant likely as Champs.

I know exactly where I was when we got promoted in the 90s, not too sure on our last promotion under MA, was living abroad and probably not paying too much attention.

Remember the Arsenal match when we were beating the invincibles, but we were well gone by then.

I have a rather sad picture on FB. My comment is thanks for the text c@nts, those in the know find it funny. I am hiking in the wilderness in Iceland sodden to the skin, my now wife took the picture I am glum, soaked, staring at my phone, strangely I had reception and the uncomplementary texts were chattering in like the vidiprinter. May 2008.

How far we have come. Just superb.

Lol! That's Pashun mate!

Pearson Out

kingy and drinky.png

Who said Kingy and Drinky can't stand each other!

That's just before Drinky pulled King's head down and knee'd him in the face UFC stylee.

It's fear you can see in King's face and definitely not excitement.

Congratulations Foxes.
Well deserved stress free promotion.

Here's hoping you have a lot more success staying in the Premier League than we're having, that Nigel can rise to the challenge in terms of tactics, signings and motivation, and that the owners give him what he needs to succeed.

Once the open top bus returns to the garage, you can look forward to a roller coaster ride where you'll dish out bloody noses but get some kickings too.
You'll miss the Tuesday night games. You'll curse the plastic Johnny come latelys.
But the quality of the football(hopefuly yours) will more than make up for it.

Enjoy.

I presume you mean the Premier League title?

Congratulations Foxes.
Well deserved stress free promotion.

Here's hoping you have a lot more success staying in the Premier League than we're having, that Nigel can rise to the challenge in terms of tactics, signings and motivation, and that the owners give him what he needs to succeed.

Once the open top bus returns to the garage, you can look forward to a roller coaster ride where you'll dish out bloody noses but get some kickings too.
You'll miss the Tuesday night games. You'll curse the plastic Johnny come latelys.
But the quality of the football(hopefuly yours) will more than make up for it.

Enjoy.
Cheers Rhydal. I know our place next season ( in or around the bottom three ) but I'm sure as hell going to try to enjoy it.

I still maintain if we only had our current squad it would be good enough to finish above at least the bottom six in the PL.

The Premier League is full of mediocre dross at the moment.

We will more than likely fall into that category as well but there's certainly 3 teams that could be worsen than us.

Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670