Pre Match Leicester City v Derby County (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Beckfords fit , Nugents been in full training all week so i assume he should be, if either Wellens or Johnson is fit i think we will beat them, law of averages says we will concede soon , so im going for a 3-1 win King Beckford/Nugent and Shlupp

Hope Beckfords fit , Nugents been in full training all week so i assume he should be, if either Wellens or Johnson is fit i think we will beat them, law of averages says we will concede soon , so im going for a 3-1 win King Beckford/Nugent and Shlupp

Schlupp!

The sheep have improved a fair bit since Savage retired

Kasper

Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Koncheskywesywoowoo

Danns
Wellens
Johnson (pls)
King

Nugent
Beckford (pls)

300-1

Given that Wellens, Beckford and Johnson are all supposedly carrying injuries then I would go for something along the lines of ...

Schmeichel
Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Konchesky
Abe
Danns
Fernandes
King
Vassell
Schlupp

I hope they manage to shake off their injuries. I think we'll probably see Nugent on the bench as well.

Apologies in advance. I get the impression from the Film Fans thread that some of the more tabloid oriented members find long posts a bit challenging. This is a long post but I feel that to shorten it would lose interesting comments.

This is from a Derby forum - for the most part the views are theirs although I felt one particulalrly stupid post deserved a comment as did a more positive one. They are the two posts at the bottom.

Alpha Signia
They have some class players and it should only be a matter of time before it clicks and along with West Ham they dominate the league.
But still don't think they're there yet. We however put in a staggering effort tonight and Nigel mentioned our players are also a bit disappointed not to win. That sort of showed at full time too.
With it being at their place and both teams a little tired I'll go with a pedestrian 0-0.

Cumbrian Ram
They have spent a hell of a lot of money but quite frankly they don't look much better for it.

Ram 2767
They have some class players and it should only be a matter of time before it clicks and along with West Ham they dominate the league.
But still don't think they're there yet. We however put in a staggering effort tonight and Nigel mentioned our players are also a bit disappointed not to win. That sort of showed at full time too.
With it being at their place and both teams a little tired I'll go with a pedestrian 0-0.

Ultoxrem75
Lessta will just about hang on for a 0-0 draw. Backs to the wall stuff for the floppy foxes as they defend for their lives ably abetted by a showboating Webb.

Ram2767
They play a narrow game and with out central partnership I can't see them even getting a point. Easy win for the Rams any day.

Uttoxram 75
Don't really think it matters who they play.
They have an inferior team, manager, fanbase and city and the only thing they are famous for is being ruled by the French and naming everything after Simon De Monfort.
I faart in their general direction.

Ambitious
This is going to be a brilliant game, well potentially.
totally different sides, Leicester have spent up and gambled on promotion which they really drastically need before the financial fair play rules come into force and we've cut back and got together a brilliant squad of players who work like brothers for each other, brilliant to watch.
If our character comes out to play, we'll win this.. if it's who can chuck the most money at each other, they will win this.

Cumbrian Fox
More worried about Schlupp (sp?) than Beckford

Bris Vegas
Love the two way rivalry about this game
Leicester are so depserate to be our rival and big our games up.. And we're so pessistant in telling them they mean nothing to us that when you look at it (reverse psychology) it does look like we are bothered about them.. The more you deny it, the more obvious it becomes.
Read their forums, they make me laugh, they keep banging on about our sh*t support.. Why are they that bothered that year after year we get bigger numbers than them? Support means naff all, just look at Newcastle.
On to the game, does anyone else look at Leicesters team and think for the amount they've spent on it, they're not actually that good. When I think of the best players in the division, none of Leicesters names come to mind.
Hendrick, Shacks, Fielding and Brayford would walk into their team no problem.
Anyway on to the game. 0-3 Rams.
Robinson will have Mills number with ease and bag 2 and Hendrick will destroy their midfield and hit home another one late on.. And when 80 mins approach you'll see the Leicester masses leaving.. Fire drill mark II style.

Alpha Signia
What worries me is that perhaps Leicester are settling. Sven might know who his best 11/13 or so players by now and might be just about be figuring out how best to utilise them?
I know last season they looked alright. Brilliant on occasion. I look at them now and their signings and while I'm not sure they've improved as much as some think, they are certainly no worse. Sven was like a kid with new toys. He didn't seem to care to build on last season at all. Now he's figuring out that he may have jumped the gun a bit. King and Wellens and Abe are still key and Sven seems to have gone back to using those perhaps?
I dunno, don't pay much attention to other teams toomuch. I'd just rather have played them last month than now. And I'd rather play them now than next month. I still worry about them and West Ham walking the league.
You not fancy them??
As for the mocking our support, well, if it's so poor why do they bother discussing it? It's not poor. Neither Is theirs tbf. Or Forest's. But how can either of them say owt about ours. Over the years, don't we better both of them?

Jourdan
This'll be a really tight game.
I think the defence will be able to cope with a front two of Vassell and Nugent or Beckford fairly handily with Shackell playing. His reading of the game and positional sense will negate their pace and movement for the most part.
But I think we're likely to get overrun in midfield. The quality of Wellens and King et al could prove too much for Bryson and Hendrick and their options in midfield, with Danns and Michael Johnson to come off the bench, may well likely sway the game in their favour.
I think if we are to get something from the game, Ward and/or Robinson will have be on top form. To break down their defence, we are going to have to get in behind and drag Bamba or Mills out of position, like Maynard did earlier in the season. In many ways, it'd be the perfect game for Tyson if he was fit.
I will despair if we try the route one football as Steve Davies will end up having a long afternoon up against Bamba and Mills.
Leicester 1-0 Derby, Neil Danns to score.

DG CommentAnd my favourite dimwit of the Derby fans

Alpha Signia
Otherwise the media hype for THE East Midlands derby will all be for nothing if only 1500 Rams turn up.
They had the match ball delivered by helicopter into the centre circle last time!!!
And no-one really understood why.

DG Comment Clearly he did not realise it was close to Remembrance Day – my theory is that he is related to the yob who swung on the cenotaph because he did not know what it was

DG Comment
And a much better post – Smalley Ram and his Leicester colleague clearly have a very civilised attitude.

Smalley Ram
Got to go for a Rams win; me and a Fester fan on my team at work have a bet each time we play, the losing team's fan buys the rest of Accountancy cakes and if it's a draw then the away team's fan wins. It's the best way to stop the girls at work moaning about our footy banter as they get cakes whatever the result.

Apologies in advance. I get the impression from the Film Fans thread that some of the more tabloid oriented members find long posts a bit challenging.

Pretty sure it's you who's the champion of the tabloid and having a pop at the broadsheets in that thread.

There again - historical revision is probably in keeping with your paper of choice.

Why has Ram2767 copied the first post from Alpha Signia?

Clones, just like Dolly.

Pretty sure it's you who's the champion of the tabloid and having a pop at the broadsheets in that thread.

There again - historical revision is probably in keeping with your paper of choice.

Lots of people find fallacious paradigms useful, it saves them having to form an opinion all by themselves

I did not champion the Daily Mail which I find as unpleasant as The Guardian. I pointed out that while I thought The Guardian was better on the environment the Mail was better than The Guardian on heritage - which is not difficult. I did not have a pop at broadsheets in general. I have a high regard for the integrity and the standard of writing in The Telegraph - if its politics are not my politics then that is all the more interesting.

Incidentally6 my comment on tabloid readers (which perhaps came out harsher than I intended) was aimed not at you Mawsley but as a good natured response to Fryatt Fox who had done some good natured teasing about my word count.

As for the match I expect it to be very difficult. By now Nigel Clough will have got the team playing the way he wants. At Burton he showed he was a man for the long haul and I expect Derby to keep improving. I would expect them to be in the play-offs though I am still hanging on (just) to my original prediction of West Ham and Leicester for automatic promotion.
Both teams will be hard to beat and I will be relieved if we do more than draw. Much may depend on whether Sven can pick at least one out of Beckford and Nugent.

I did not champion the Daily Mail

You did.

I pointed out that while I thought The Guardian was better on the environment

No you didn't, I did.

Incidentally6 my comment on tabloid readers (which perhaps came out harsher than I intended) was aimed not at you Mawsley

Phew, because I don't read any paper at all and if I did I'd feel a tad aggrieved.

Still nothing about Chavez then?

You did.

No you didn't, I did.

Phew, because I don't read any paper at all and if I did I'd feel a tad aggrieved.

Still nothing about Chavez then?

I would just like to stickily point out that this is an accurate portrayal of the factual evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669