Pre Match Leicester City v Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Hopefully the rested players return and so does the team pattern/form, if it does we will win this, finish line in sight, "fat lady" clearing her voice, im predicting a 3-0 win Nugent Wood Mahrez

3-0 Leicester. Taggart 2, Cottee.

Sorry but I think we will win this 4-0. We're doomed.

Hume to miss a penalty. Guaranteed.
I genuinely believe if we'd won that day we'd be in a much worse position now. Holloway might have got another season to bury us even further. The relegation might have been a year late. Pearson would have ended up somewhere else and we could have been stuck with John Gregory or someone equally awful.

If we get 1 or 2 goals early on, I expect a very confident slick display with Knockeart, Nugent and Mahrez showboating as they waltz their way around the Sheffield players.

Be nice to do them as they are a bit of a bogey side for us over recent seasons!

If we get 1 or 2 goals early on, I expect a very confident slick display with Knockeart, Nugent and Mahrez showboating as they waltz their way around the Sheffield players.

Whilst your post is qualified mike and therefore fair and reasoned, it wouldnt be difficult to copy and paste the second part to provide sheff wed with every incentive to give us a 'good kicking' on friday. please can we not give them any opportunity to accuse us of arrogance. i would have thought the yeovil experience had taught us that. fwiw, they are safe in mid table and if we raise the tempo and get stuck in, they may not be too interested in a tough game.

I genuinely believe if we'd won that day we'd be in a much worse position now. Holloway might have got another season to bury us even further. The relegation might have been a year late. Pearson would have ended up somewhere else and we could have been stuck with John Gregory or someone equally awful.

Hadn't thought about this before, but you're spot on I think. Seemed like the end of the world at the time, but looking back now....

It is possible Holloway would have sorted himself out...personally I think that was unlikely but he did go on to succeed in getting other clubs promoted.

Tricky one this. I expect Wednesday to come out playing with no pressure and freedom. Could be a tough one. 4-0 to the Foxes then!

Holloway has got two teams promoted to the epl since then, given a chance he'd have done the same for us.

Of course, he was found out twice in the epl, but that's another story.

We'll never know though will we. I'm just bloody glad the clown wasn't given the chance.

He spent his year out of management after being sacked by city learning, I don't think he'd have managed to get two teams promoted to the top division without that time out.

He spent his year out of management after being sacked by city learning, I don't think he'd have managed to get two teams promoted to the top division without that time out.

He said himself that he learned a lot from what happened with us. To his credit he used it as a reason to go out and learn more, as you say, and maybe that helped him in the long run too.

He said himself that he learned a lot from what happened with us. To his credit he used it as a reason to go out and learn more, as you say, and maybe that helped him in the long run too.

And now he's back where he started - single-handedly engineering a club's relegation to League One

Last edited:
I was going to say after BM's post that the crazy thing was, quite a lot of fans wanted Holloway to be given a crack at League 1.

What's even crazier than that craziness is that some people still think he should have had a crack at it!

Crazy.

I was going to say after BM's post that the crazy thing was, quite a lot of fans wanted Holloway to be given a crack at League 1.

What's even crazier than that craziness is that some people still think he should have had a crack at it!

Crazy.

Harry Worley playing central midfield away at Stoke in that final game, cheers Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566