Pre Match Leicester City v Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Joe Mattock is with Sheffield Wednesday. How did leaving Leicester for the big time work out Joe. He left Leicester in an ungracious way and behaved dreadfully in an incident soon afterwards. For this he has been roundly booed whenever he has returned.

He was very young at the time and is not a serial offender like Marlon King or a pantomime villain like Neil Warnock. It is time to give the booing a rest.

I fear your request will not be upheld. I really hope the supporters get the behind City tonight. No repeat of the atmosphere vacuum which was the Yeovil game.

I fear your request will not be upheld. I really hope the supporters get the behind City tonight. No repeat of the atmosphere vacuum which was the Yeovil game.

There will be a shocking atmosphere, as far as the fans are concerned we are up and it's easier to just sit there in silence.

Unless we don't put in a top level performance of course.

I see that Joe Mattock is with Sheffield Wednesday. How did leaving Leicester for the big time work out Joe. He left Leicester in an ungracious way and behaved dreadfully in an incident soon afterwards. For this he has been roundly booed whenever he has returned.

He was very young at the time and is not a serial offender like Marlon King or a pantomime villain like Neil Warnock. It is time to give the booing a rest.

While I admire your attempt at reasoning and being civilised, Mattock is a **** and always will be a ****, therefore I shall boo him like the **** he is.

Phew! I just checked the BBC site and saw the following, "Midfielder Sam Hutchinson (knee) remains doubtful".

Thank Christ for that - cos you know we could never beat a team who was injury free.

Rest Booing and replace with Jeering.

Leicester: Henderson, Stearman, McAuley, N'Gotty, Mattock, Bell (Ashley Chambers 90), Worley (Fryatt 85), Oakley, Hayles, Howard, Hume.
Subs Not Used: Douglas, Clapham, Wesolowski.

Christ on a penny farthing, that line-up is repugnant.

Time to put the record straight against this lot! I gather they don´t still have CW to turn matches for them?! Would be nice to see a convincing victory tonight:038:

Just found this on Owlsonline.....is it true about Birse & the stadium?

Leicester’s stay in the Premier League was the cause of their second financial mishap. The club’s ground at Filbert Street had served the club well but was starting to look a bit shabby.

Then manager Martin O’Neill joked that when he showed new signings Filbert Street he led them out of the tunnel backwards so they didn’t see the east stand.

To add insult to injury local rivals Stoke and Derby both had shiny new stadia so Leicester would have to have one too.

Plans were drawn up and the new stadium would be ready for the 2003-04 season. Unfortunately it would be host to second tier football. Leicester celebrated their last season at Filbert Street by getting relegated.

Relegation, the new stadium, bad financial management, high wages, low transfer fees received all contributed to the perfect financial storm.

The club went into receivership and the stadium was never paid for.

In an odd way this was a good thing. The builders, Birse, took a huge financial hit, losing the majority of the £37m it cost to build. As a result they withdrew from any further stadium building.

One less producer of soulless, concrete bowls can’t be a bad thing, can it?

Leicester were saved from total oblivion by ex-player and local boy, the jug-eared Gary Lineker. Lineker led a consortium which bought the club and oversaw its promotion back to the Premier League that same season.

It is just 3, 3 others also had prem experience prior to then and another had a Serie A League winners medal and also a cup winners cup winners medal.

Shit compared to our team today but they still should have never gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566