Pre Match Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

A bit of doom and gloom at the minute after a very poor result against Barnsley, but for me league form always goes out of the window in the cup.

I think a cagey 90 minutes of 0-0, followed by a knackered half an hour of extra time, followed by a crushing, soul-destroying loss on penalties.

Last edited:
I think a cagey 90 minutes of 0-0, followed by a knackered half an hour of extra time, followed by a crushing, soul-destroying loss on penalties.

Followed by the Thais pulling their TVs off from the stadium roofing and heading back to Thailand.

Game over.

Followed by the Thais pulling their TVs off from the stadium roofing and heading back to Thailand.

Game over.

Preceded by the Thais trying to figure out how to unplug the screens from the sofa.

Normally I reckon that FA Cup games aren't very important given what have been our other priorities.

But suddenly this match has become important. We need some sort of cup run as a bit of a distraction from the miserable league season. Also if we can't beat the Forest at home - who could we beat? The odds must be on a Leicester win but I just wonder if we lost whether this might be a tipping point.

But suddenly this match has become important. We need some sort of cup run as a bit of a distraction from the miserable league season. Also if we can't beat the Forest at home - who could we beat? The odds must be on a Leicester win but I just wonder if we lost whether this might be a tipping point.

Agreed.

We tend to do better in the big games, but whether the players consider this as a big game or just a game with a lot of pressure is another matter.

I think we'll either win big (possibly completely flattering) or scrape a victory with a last minute.

4-1 (Beckford to get a couple).

Just cannot see us scoring and once you score the first the floodgates will open, confidence is rock bottom plus we have no defenders. No Morgan, Chambers, Moloney. We have Moussi who will fill in the middle with Lynch with Cunningham left and Gunter right with zero back up.

Like I said, first goal will be start of avalanche

Just cannot see us scoring and once you score the first the floodgates will open, confidence is rock bottom plus we have no defenders. No Morgan, Chambers, Moloney. We have Moussi who will fill in the middle with Lynch with Cunningham left and Gunter right with zero back up.

Rich, you clearly haven't seen us play recently then?! Seriously though, our confidence is rock bottom too and the team are playing with no clue.

The first goal for Forest could well start an avalanche the other way!

Normally I reckon that FA Cup games aren't very important given what have been our other priorities.

Following your logic we should be beating everyone as we beat Southampton. To be honest both us and the league are so inconsistent that anyone beating anyone else isn't really that surprising at the minute.

as NP says theres not a lot in the squad to change things Both NP and Sven have moaned about inbalance and lack of midfield width but neither resolved it, I Hope we dont go 4-5-1 again or 3 centre backs (not for home games Nigel.) is Howard available? Waggy fit yet?, only changes realistically would be Abe in for Wellens or King and Kennedy as wide midfield or throw in youth team player

I don't think you need to be a genius to work out a game plan for you. You must at all costs keep it tight and try to kill the game for the first 20 minutes. By that time our crowd will be well on the back of our team and nervousness will set in. You then need to make sure you don't defend too deep and look for opportunities to hit us on the break.

I think you're going to lose this one because you are so bad - but if you were able to find a bit of self belief then you are more capable of winning than you probably believe.

after the barnsley game where we saw 10 headless chickens not noing what to do next, how the hell can they win on tuesday.?this team as got worse and worse ,they have tottally lost it,god knows what we can do, pearson just hasnt got a plan B

This made me laugh.

So we're all agreed then? A 0-0 draw - no goals in extra time - and the ref is going to have to hang around until about 2 in the morning when he has to allow one of the goalies to go off for a pnb whilst the other team gets on with taking their penalties.

I'd love a cup run right now, would make the season feel so much better as a supporter right now, as it did that season we got to the QFs under Levein.

Just a note, got my ticket today and kick-off is 7:30, not 7:45, in case anyone missed it, as I had completely missed the irregular kick-off time til my ticket arrived.

... got my ticket today and kick-off is 7:30, not 7:45, in case anyone missed it, as I had completely missed the irregular kick-off time til my ticket arrived.

Another one who has got me on ignore!
:icon_cry:

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/34774-Replay-Date-Changed-for-TV?p=1087549&viewfull=1#post1087549

Tuesday 17 January

19:30 Leicester City VS Nottingham Forest
Live on ESPN

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/34774-Replay-Date-Changed-for-TV?p=1087564&viewfull=1#post1087564

Leicester Mercury have caught up - and it should be noted that it is a 7:30 kick-off.

Just read that thread title and assumed it would be either a 7:45 or 8:00 kick-off. :icon_wink

Gunter & Cunningham are a good pair of full backs though

We will win this 6-0, Schmeichel will score all 6 goals from long range efforts.

Cotterill in his post-match "we played well and didn't deserve that" despite his side having 23% possesion and 0 shots on goal and that at one point he got so frustrated that when Leicester were lining up a free-kick he ran onto the pitch and boot the ball back up the field a la Zaire.

He then sunk to his knees, brought his head down to the floor, grasped his hair and then chanted "why? why? why?" while rocking back and forth, before thunder and lightning crashed through the air and the ground began to split in to two to reveal a smoke laden darkness reanimated corpse of Grenville Morris with rotting skin and all. I think the game was abandoned after that but I blanked out when trying to work out the grammatical tense of this passage started giving me a headache, so I'm not/was not/will not be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464