Pre Match Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First goal in this is all important I think. Our crowd are likely to be restless from the start, so if we go a goal behind then it will be very hostile and suck even more belief out of the players.

First goal wins.

Correctly described by the Forest fan at work as 'two bald men fighting over a comb'

I like it, but feel that "two bald men politely offering each other a comb, but refusing to accept the gift" may be more appropriate. Not quite as pithy, but I can't imagine there will be much 'fight' tomorrow.

I like it, but feel that "two bald men politely offering each other a comb, but refusing to accept the gift" may be more appropriate. Not quite as pithy, but I can't imagine there will be much 'fight' tomorrow.

It may be an occasion where the "deluded" and the "grounded" fans come into disagreement.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Kennedy given another opportunity.

I can imagine the players will be literally shitting themselves in front of what will be a hostile expectant crowd and I imagine for this reason that we may go 0-1 down.

Either that or we will absolutely trounce them.

It's going to be a cold looooong night.

I agree with every word of this.

Last week before the Barnsley match I went to the King Power to buy my ticket getting the usual frisson of excitement as I approached the stadium.
Now since the Barnsley match for the first time in many years I am not looking forward to a game.

Kingy is surely right and that the crowd will either be hostile or will soon turn hostile if things do not go well. Yet they should not.

I have always despised "Glory Supporters". The kind of people whose are brought up in Leicester and live in Leicester but who supports Man U just as his dad supported Liverpool in the 1970s. Yet if we only support our team when they are doing well we are surely "Glory Supporters". It is when the team is doing badly that they need support.

Earlier in the season when the future seemed bright for a short time I heard the chant "Where were you when we were shit". It was a good taunt.
I have never believed people need encouragement when things are going well - it is when they hit a bad patch they need backing.

Tomorrow night may well be in Kingy's words "a cold long night" - he spelt "long" with five "o"s which must have been a keyboard malfunction - but I will be there, I will stand up and applaud the players when they come out and I will not boo them at the end even if they deserve it.

I agree with every word of this.

Last week before the Barnsley match I went to the King Power to buy my ticket getting the usual frisson of excitement as I approached the stadium.
Now since the Barnsley match for the first time in many years I am not looking forward to a game.

Kingy is surely right and that the crowd will either be hostile or will soon turn hostile if things do not go well. Yet they should not.

I have always despised "Glory Supporters". The kind of people whose are brought up in Leicester and live in Leicester but who supports Man U just as his dad supported Liverpool in the 1970s. Yet if we only support our team when they are doing well we are surely "Glory Supporters". It is when the team is doing badly that they need support.

Earlier in the season when the future seemed bright for a short time I heard the chant "Where were you when we were shit". It was a good taunt.
I have never believed people need encouragement when things are going well - it is when they hit a bad patch they need backing.

Tomorrow night may well be in Kingy's words "a cold long night" - he spelt "long" with five "o"s which must have been a keyboard malfunction - but I will be there, I will stand up and applaud the players when they come out and I will not boo them at the end even if they deserve it.

I suspect a positive will be that only those who reaaaaaally want to be there tomorrow night will be in attendance.

I suspect a positive will be that only those who reaaaaaally want to be there tomorrow night will be in attendance.

I'm missing my first home game for a long time that isn't illness or holiday driven. Admittedly it is because I can't get home from school in time to fit this in with quality time with my daughter, but I'm happy with my decision. For the record, it is the fans attitude I am looking forward to avoiding, not the match.

I'm missing my first home game for a long time that isn't illness or holiday driven. Admittedly it is because I can't get home from school in time to fit this in with quality time with my daughter, but I'm happy with my decision. For the record, it is the fans attitude I am looking forward to avoiding, not the match.

I won't be there either, although probably would have been had it not been on TV. I've not enjoyed it this season, less so than even the awful time we had under Levein and Holloway. Football isn't what it was.

For the record, it is the fans attitude I am looking forward to avoiding, not the match.

Interesting, I have had this feeling for a very long time now.

Yeah... I'm going tomorrow, looking forward to the match but dreading the fan reaction.

Just cannot see us scoring and once you score the first the floodgates will open, confidence is rock bottom plus we have no defenders. No Morgan, Chambers, Moloney. We have Moussi who will fill in the middle with Lynch with Cunningham left and Gunter right with zero back up.

Like I said, first goal will be start of avalanche

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Us scoring more than one, pfffft

Paul Konchesky will get a hat trick because apparently Paul Konchesky is a blue, is a blue, is a blue, Paul Konchesky is a blue, he hates Forest.

I can imagine the players will be literally shitting themselves in front of what will be a hostile expectant crowd and I imagine for this reason that we may go 0-1 down.

'Literally' shitting themselves? It's all lolhello with you, isn't it?

Let's hope our plan a (if there was one) is different to Saturday. Unless Florist really are beyond shit and are easily beaten by 'through balls' aimed at their players. From what I've heard they probably will be that shit and we'll win comfortably with 10 goals coming from Matt Mills hoofing it as far away from our players as possible straight into the net.

Not sure if it's been mentioned.... or even if it's true, since I just saw it on Twitter, but apparently King's out injured for this one.

Looks like George Taft is on the bench tonight, could hint to a return to 3 at the back????

My line up would be

Schmicheal

Tunchev
Mills
St Ledger

Peltier
Abe
Danns
Kennedy

Gallagher

Nugent
Beckford

Subs
Weale
Taft
Konchesky
Wellens
Dyer
Moussa
Howard

Last edited:
Let's hope our plan a (if there was one) is different to Saturday. Unless Florist really are beyond shit and are easily beaten by 'through balls' aimed at their players. From what I've heard they probably will be that shit and we'll win comfortably with 10 goals coming from Matt Mills hoofing it as far away from our players as possible straight into the net.
Saturday night in the Sportsman's Club I was chatting to John O'Hare and this bloke in a suit.

Said bloke was match sponsor and upon being asked for his MoM he told them no-one deserved it, he just told them to pick one which they did; whoever it was.

We really are that bad, crap and clueless manager and shite and disillusioned bunch of players.

Saturday night in the Sportsman's Club I was chatting to John O'Hare and this bloke in a suit.Said bloke was match sponsor and upon being asked for his MoM he told them no-one deserved it, he just told them to pick one which they did; whoever it was.We really are that bad, crap and clueless manager and shite and disillusioned bunch of players.
Sounds promising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670