Pre Match Leicester City Vs Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirating posts kills forums
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Prick?

Team for me would be:

Schmeichel

Morgan Huth Fuchs

Albrighton Kante King Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Kramaric, Nugent, Okazaki, Chilwell, Drinkwater, Wasilewski

I think it preserves as much of the personnel and momentum the team had at the end of last season, whilst adding in Kante and Fuchs who replace Wasyl and Cambiasso respectively (If 'replacement' is a notion that can be conceived of, in relation to Cambiasso)
I seriously think Morgan's place in the XI (and the squad as a whole) is under threat from the signing of Benalouane - and the potential signing of Mbodj. Huth clearly became the organisational leader of the defence towards the end of last term and Fuchs is a Champs League veteran and captain of Austria - so there is only one logical conclusion to draw on who is most under pressure for there place: Wes Morgan. I've left Benalouane out of the squad for now as i don't think Ranieri will chuck all the new signings straight in and Benalouane has had little pre season and certainly not with his new team mates.
Ulloa must start, for me. He was an integral part of that run in to safety and should rightly be properly ****ed off if Okazaki or Kramaric displace him from the off. That said. Kramaric, Okazaki and Nugent represent very good firepower to have on the bench for a home game and can make a good case for themselves when they come on.
The fact that Moore, De Laet, Simpson, Hammond, Benalouane (for now) + AN OTHER new signing can't make it into this matchday 16 is a good sign, but will only be a real positive if Kante can hit the ground running and help us to pick up where we left off vs QPR...not an easy task as we will struggle to hold the ball or stay so disciplined, positionally at full back/centre mid in the absence of Cambiasso.
I'd be happy to also see an Aranguiz or an Inler in the squad/XI - but there is also a part of me that thinks any team without a local/homegrown player in the centre of the park would not be a true representation of Leicester City. That's why I favour King, alongside Kante doing the legwork he seems to be fabled for. If we end up with a Kante/Aranguiz or Kante/Inler axis then great - but we want to hope that one of them or both have the temperament to help carry the side in the way that Cambiasso did so inspirationally.

All told. First game up - I think it'll be the tight affair you come to expect at the start of the season, 2-1 to us, and Mahrez will be the difference - getting both goals. What are Sunderland doing selling Wickham!!!
If Fuchs and Kante fail to turn up or if we chuck Benalouane straight into the deep end then i fear we may end up with a defeat to start the season...

CR and DA will compare their pensions and then argue about the 'Blue Badge' place in the City car park before deciding on team line up's.

Dear BF.
Why do you believe Cliff Richard and Diane Abbott will be at the Sunderland game?
Why not use their full names?
Regards
DG

Whale oil beef hooked.

Personally I'd go for:

Kasper

Schlupp
Morgan
Huth
Wasilewski
Albrighton

King
N'kante
Mahrez

Vardy
Okazaki

Last edited:
So, assuming Morgan and N'Kante are fit, it feels like the only choice is who partners Vardy up top.

I'd go for Ulloa myself, but only really as I don't know enough about Okazaki.

So, assuming Morgan and N'Kante are fit, it feels like the only choice is who partners Vardy up top.

I'd go for Ulloa myself, but only really as I don't know enough about Okazaki.

I agree Fryatt, to drop your top scorer from the previous season on the first day (regardless of pre-season form) would be a big call.

Keep the other two or three strikers on the bench and change it if/when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669