Leicester City Women

Ashleigh Plumptre leaves :(

That's a huge surprise, a real downer one too. I can only assume she's going on to somewhere 'better' as she was most certainly one of our better players.

Ashleigh Plumptre leaves :(

That's a huge surprise, a real downer one too. I can only assume she's going on to somewhere 'better' as she was most certainly one of our better players.
Local player too.

One of our own.

A real shame, looking at the players signed so far we seem to be going for real quality but I'd think there'd be a place for her amongst that. No news on her joining anyone else so I'm not going to assue she's anything lined up - hope she gives a good account at the WWC and the offers come in after that

Perhaps there are other reasons? I mean, obviously there are numerous possibilities and I'm certainly not about to venture into conjecture. I am just massively surprised and saddened. Ashleigh was one of my favourite players, if not my favourite. I loved the way she'd take the ball forward, she had a real confidence with it. I just can't see that we'd not want for her to stay, she was a hugely important member of the team.

Having read Ashleigh's 'goodbye' tweet, the responses to it and some other interviews with her etc, I think it's a possibility that she's moving on to other things entirely. I'm sure we'll find out in good time.

Hannah Cain has signed a contract extension, I thought I read somewhere it was for another couple of years but I can't find that now so I'm probably wrong.

LCFC Women’s 2023/24 Barclays Women’s Super League fixtures:

OCTOBER
Sun 1 - Bristol City vs. LCFC Women – 2pm kick-off
Sun 8 - LCFC Women vs. Everton – 3pm kick-off
Sat 15 / Sun 15 - Manchester United vs. LCFC Women
Sat 21 / Sun 22 - LCFC Women vs. Manchester City

NOVEMBER
Sat 4 / Sun 5 - Liverpool vs. LCFC Women
Sat 11 / Sun 12 - LCFC Women vs. Arsenal
Sat 18 / Sun 19 - LCFC Women vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Sat 25 / Sun 26 - Chelsea vs. LCFC Women

DECEMBER
Sat 9 / Sun 10 - Brighton & Hove Albion vs. LCFC Women
Sat 16 / Sun 17- LCFC Women vs. West Ham United

JANUARY
Sat 20 / Sun 21 - LCFC Women vs. Aston Villa
Sat 27 / Sun 28 - Everton vs. LCFC Women

FEBRUARY
Sat 3 / Sun 4 - Manchester City vs. LCFC Women
Sat 17 / Sun 18 - LCFC Women vs. Bristol City

MARCH
Sat 2 / Sun 3 - LCFC Women vs. Chelsea
Sat 16 / Sun 17 - Tottenham Hotspur vs. LCFC Women
Sat 23 / Sun 24 - LCFC Women vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
Sat 30 / Sun 31 - Aston Villa vs. LCFC Women

APRIL
Sat 20 / Sun 21 - Arsenal vs. LCFC Women
Sat 27 / Sun 28 - LCFC Women vs. Manchester United

MAY
Sat 4 / Sun 5 - West Ham United vs. LCFC Women
Sat 18 / Sun 19 - LCFC Women vs. Liverpool

Anyone catch the WWC opener? CJ Bott played all 90 minutes in what must count as a shock with the New Zealanders beating Norway, looked solid and contributed to the goal.

I've watched NZ the twice now. I thought Bott wasn't her usual self in both. I think she's given a freer role for us and gets forward more. NZ seemed slow in midfield, lethargic even, particularly against Phillipines. I thought Phillipines thorougly deserved their win; they hassled and harried and shut NZ down then took their chance well. I felt chuffed for them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463