Leicester City Women

Blimey, another one where we seem to be really pushing up the profile of our signings. It could be said that we did the same the last two seasons, but this feels like a whole level above that. I'm very, very hopeful for the new season. (still gutted Ashleigh Plumptre won't be part of it though)

The women's game is a growth industry, and growing at a much much faster rate than the men's game. Getting a women's team set up that can compete at the top of the top level is a savvy move which could reap some very rich rewards in a not too distant future. I'd say investing in the women's game right now is perhaps a better option than doing the same in the men's game.

I'd say investing in the women's game right now is perhaps a better option than doing the same in the men's game.
Come on Joe you don’t actually believe this bollocks do you?

Of course it is, for all the reasons you said. I don't think investing in men's football, for a lot of clubs, is teally as an option to make money is it?

Ahhh but there were 50 fans waiting to greet the women's national team back from the WC.

It's massive mate, honestly!....
He said investment.

Women's football, at this moment, is a fantastic investment opportunity that will reap any investor high levels of reward of done properly and with patience.

Whether it's a better investment than the male game, who knows but to get any decent return out of investing in the men's game you'd need to shell out massive amounts of cash. At the moment, investment in the women's game comes at a fraction of the cost and is almost certain, if done sensibly, to turn a profit.

He said investment.

Women's football, at this moment, is a fantastic investment opportunity that will reap any investor high levels of reward of done properly and with patience.

Whether it's a better investment than the male game, who knows but to get any decent return out of investing in the men's game you'd need to shell out massive amounts of cash. At the moment, investment in the women's game comes at a fraction of the cost and is almost certain, if done sensibly, to turn a profit.
And I think the sharp rise we have seen recently will slow down and the growth won't continue at an exponential rate.

The interest in the national teams is there but at a club level, which is where the money is at in football, the attendances aren't even at League 2 levels.

And I think the sharp rise we have seen recently will slow down and the growth won't continue at an exponential rate.

The interest in the national teams is there but at a club level, which is where the money is at in football, the attendances aren't even at League 2 levels.
It may slow, that's the same.with all growing businesses, but the game will grow. As someone who has a daughter playing at a high club level I can tell you that there is vast investment being poured into the Women's game right now. It will pay back its investors tenfold.

I went to Manchesters City v United last season at the Etihad. Just one of 44,000 spectators, so the attendances clearly can get there.

We're going to see our use of the KP be a real benefit here too, especially as (hopefully) the team become more competitive and successful. It's no accident that we're hosting a big England game this autumn, which in itself will bring lots of new people to the stadium, some of of whom will return.

I went to Manchesters City v United last season at the Etihad. Just one of 44,000 spectators, so the attendances clearly can get there.

We're going to see our use of the KP be a real benefit here too, especially as (hopefully) the team become more competitive and successful. It's no accident that we're hosting a big England game this autumn, which in itself will bring lots of new people to the stadium, some of of whom will return.
And that was over half of their attendance for the whole season.

They can get decent attendances for occasional games but I just cannot see the domestic game getting to the same level (by any metric) as the men's game in the near future.

The international games/tournaments will always generate interest and they are always at alternative times to the men's game.

This is not to say the women's game is pointless or rubbish before I am accused of that, the world is not binary in that something is either good and shit but I cannot see a time when the WSL will be as big as the PL by any measure.

This is my last post as I don't want to derail this thread from being specifically for LCFC women's team, hence why I didn't reply to pop even though I massively dispute the potential returns estimated.

And that was over half of their attendance for the whole season.

They can get decent attendances for occasional games but I just cannot see the domestic game getting to the same level (by any metric) as the men's game in the near future.

The international games/tournaments will always generate interest and they are always at alternative times to the men's game.

This is not to say the women's game is pointless or rubbish before I am accused of that, the world is not binary in that something is either good and shit but I cannot see a time when the WSL will be as big as the PL by any measure.

This is my last post as I don't want to derail this thread from being specifically for LCFC women's team, hence why I didn't reply to pop even though I massively dispute the potential returns estimated.
Well, it doesn't have to be anywhere near the size of the men's game to offer sizeable returns on investment. The massive amount of investment by companies outside of football into the women's game over the past 24 months is evidence itself of how much financiers are banking on its growth.

It won't ever be at the level of the men's game, but it will grow (as it has done hugely) into something much bigger than it is now.

Well, it doesn't have to be anywhere near the size of the men's game to offer sizeable returns on investment. The massive amount of investment by companies outside of football into the women's game over the past 24 months is evidence itself of how much financiers are banking on its growth.

It won't ever be at the level of the men's game, but it will grow (as it has done hugely) into something much bigger than it is now.
Yep

43 years ago, almost to the day, I went to Filbert St to watch the England v Sweden women's international.

I don't know how many people were there but it wasn't many. I also don't know how much it cost or even if it was free.

We watched a 1-1 draw & the standard was, frankly, appalling. Particularly the goalkeeping...which since it was a 1-1 draw kind of shows you how awful the forward play was too.

I don't think any goal kick or any kick from the hands by either keeper reached the halfway line. It was a bit like watching a kids game. Some people were actually laughing at certain points.

We all left a little bemused. A trip to the circus to see a mild curiousity was the overall feeling for most.

Fast forward to today & that same fixture is a WC semi-final televised across the globe, given massive column inches worldwide & played between 2 teams of well paid professional athletes, rather than the enthusiastic amateurs of 1980.

Almost all of that progression has been in the last 20 years or so & has massively accelerated over the last 10. Give it another 20. At some point in that time frame there will be a WC in England with wall to wall prime time media coverage & live games every day, the same as we're used to from the men's tournament.

In fact, it'll probably be more interesting than the men's WC thanks to the ****ing stupid expansion happening from the next one onwards where basically anyone who isn't the ****ing Sandwich Islands is going to turn up & they may as well do away with qualification & just send out invitations.

It's all coming.

But then again, so is the money, ruin & corruption probably so it might be best for people to just enjoy it now while they can before it all gets inevitably wrecked by the same greed & bullshit that's destroyed the men's game.

Yet you couldn’t buy an England ladies goalkeeper shirt for this latest tourno

Long way to go for some to realise it’s potential

At the moment the ladies game is entertaining
Long may it continue

Ashleigh Plumptre leaves :(

That's a huge surprise, a real downer one too. I can only assume she's going on to somewhere 'better' as she was most certainly one of our better players.
Gone to Saudi.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464