Leicester City Women

We made that a little harder than it ought have been (!) but it was a deserved win. And a hugely impressive 2nd half of the season. Kirk and the new signings/loans have made such a difference. The basis is there to get to the next level next season. Huge contrats to this team, they've done the club proud.

Superb. That win also sees them finish above Brighton on goal difference.

Concentration levels dropped and nerves seemed to creep in a bit towards the very end but it was such a dominant performance that we really should have been out of sight by half time. We've got to sort out that finishing though. I think we've got some real quality out wide and play some great stuff but need to look to add quality at CB and particularly at CF.

Yep, makes sense under the circumstances to bring the women's team to Seagrave and flog Belvoir Drive. End of an era stuff for real. Needs must.

From The Guardian's WSL season review

Leicester​

The Great Escape complete! Leicester’s season was a cliched story of two halves as they became the first WSL team to overcome a seven-point deficit and stay up. It was an achievement Willie Kirk told club media was his “biggest one to date”. Victory over Brighton on the final day not only meant they secured safety but finished in their highest-ever position of tenth. The arrival of Kirk in November changed their fortunes as he installed a strong brand of football and brought in astute signings. Avoiding the drop was a must given the resources of the club and it should give them the platform to push on.

I keep half an eye on the squad situation here. 13 gone (4 as free agents, 9 released) but nobody in as yet, though I thought I'd read somewhere that Nevin had been signed up. Talk of hanging on to a number of the loan players, of which 'keeper Leitzig would be a major plus - she was key to keeping us up.

I've not seen any announcement from the club, but the Guardian's transfer tracker says we've signed Nina Leitzig for an undisclosed fee. Absolutely massive if true, she was a rock on loan and someone to build the whole defence around

That is f-ing brilliant! Of all the signings I wanted to see hapen, that is THE one I most wanted. Uber cool news and I'm dancing!

Hope we can loan her to the men's team if they don't sign a keeper and Iversen gets injured.

Cool. Definitely needed a striker. Good league too, the French league, and a German international so she could be a wee bit useful.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854