Leicester face questions about FFP

This is Hazzman from beyond the grave.

I’m one of the soft twats that’s decided to join the Foxes Trust. I went to Union FS fan forum two weeks ago and pretty much it was clear the club give zero communication to fan groups.

However what was noted was that when the foxes trust and UFS united on general sale, they managed to get traction.

So it was clear the voice needs to be bigger. 330 in the foxes trust when I joined it last week. We are aware that we got that increased by 40 to 50 in time of last weeks AGM (that was interesting). Tonight it’s gone a bit mad.

We gone this evening to get more members in before we really start to understand more about how we can improve the trust. But it’s £10 - whats to lose? The FT has FSA ‘alignment’ which means they get a place on the Fans Advisory Boards that you have to have in place for the Premier League

We’ve got some really clever voices involved so far. It’s very early stages, we are learning. You may not join now but be aware that we are working for a louder voice. Feel free to PM me if you wanna discuss it

Good work.

I’m one of the soft twats that’s decided to join the Foxes Trust. I went to Union FS fan forum two weeks ago and pretty much it was clear the club give zero communication to fan groups.

However what was noted was that when the foxes trust and UFS united on general sale, they managed to get traction.

So it was clear the voice needs to be bigger. 330 in the foxes trust when I joined it last week. We are aware that we got that increased by 40 to 50 in time of last weeks AGM (that was interesting). Tonight it’s gone a bit mad.

We gone this evening to get more members in before we really start to understand more about how we can improve the trust. But it’s £10 - whats to lose? The FT has FSA ‘alignment’ which means they get a place on the Fans Advisory Boards that you have to have in place for the Premier League

We’ve got some really clever voices involved so far. It’s very early stages, we are learning. You may not join now but be aware that we are working for a louder voice. Feel free to PM me if you wanna discuss it
Take over by numbers, nice style!

Full credit for you lot joining and trying to make a difference, rather than just sniping at everything from the side lines.

Nice to have you back on here, Hazzman.

Whelan’s bullshit blurb has completely ****ed me off.

“Oh we didn’t see relegation coming”

**** off, some of us called it 18 months before it happened. It was blindingly obvious where we were heading as a club.

One of the many things that grates with me is that we pleaded poverty which ruffled Rodgers feathers and turned him into a whingey child as he couldn't buy any more toys. The chances are that he would have spunked more funds of dross of course, but perhaps Lookman or someone else might have given us just enough to stay up last year, but we didn't sign anyone to stay within the FFP rules. However, looking at things the way they stand, not spending anything made no difference in whether or not we broke the rules as the losses were so incredibly high even without that. Sure, it wuld have been a punt, but given the size of the losses, and the margin by which we broke the rules, probably one worth the risk. Of course, that would have meant Rodgers may still be in charge, which given that we have now seen his true colours would be shit, but who knows, maybe we never would have seen his true colours and be living in ignorant bliss of this, $20m to the good (having not had to pay him and his crowd of ****ery to leave). All complete hypothectical crap but can't help feel annoyed that we publicly announced we couldn't spend without flailing the rules, which anyone with an abacus could have told you were going to be broken any way.

Whelan’s bullshit blurb has completely ****ed me off.

“Oh we didn’t see relegation coming”

**** off, some of us called it 18 months before it happened. It was blindingly obvious where we were heading as a club.
If you’ve read a comment by Mike Stowell after BR was sacked, it really wasn’t obvious to some.
If they’ve been feeding bullshit upwards, you can see why it took some by surprise.

1. Was BR Contracted until 2025? If so, why was the pay-off close to £40m (reportedly)? He only left halfway through 2023.

2. Our wage bill is horrendous. What will make Top realise that Rudkin and Whelan need to go? HORRIBLE player negotiation. I mean. It's the most simple reason that businesses fail. Ridiculous overheads.

3. Our recruitment has been ok. Some good, some bad. What i dont understand is about our "fringe" players. The likes of Danny Ward, Bertrand, Praet, Papy Mendy etc where given such high wages? I genuinely wonder, who the **** signed Vestergaard and then never played him? Was it BR or Rudkin? Was it a disconnect between both of them? Wages and fees wasted. I could list 10 more in the same category. Wasteful.

There's a rot in this football club that needs to be fixed. Whether we go up or not, we need to get rid of some high-up people. In terms of players, wages will come down again as they did last season. Now we'll lose Vestergaard, Praet, Albrighton, Ndidi, Kelechi and unfortunately, Vardy.

The key to this all? Wages down and revenue up as soon and as much as possible. Which means Promotion is absolutely essential and survival, despite a probable points deduction, is necessary. It's a huge huge ask. But not absolutely impossible, depending on the level of points deducted.

Long-term, the club needs to be sold or at the very, very, least, get rid of Susan and John - they've been there at every turn. When Brendan's contract was given, when he was sacked, all of the player signings, wages and negotiations and all other running decisions at the club.

Re Top, thanks for everything but if you cannot make the right decisions, then leave. Nobody is comparing you to your father, that's not fair. But you have to show some understanding of the business.

Final point - why the hell did we stop Brendan from spending if we were over by this ****ing much? Stupidity.

Crazy figures. But I don't think the club saw it as a concern until FFP started clamping down. Top and KP are securing the debt.

There has been one bad decision after another. Rudkin is at the helm and it obviously points to him. However, I don't think he is the incompetent idiot he's made out to be on here and given numerous over director jobs under KPs ownership. He obviously has something about him. He's been looking over a period of huge success at the club until last season.

But for whatever reason we decided to change our business model and it's ****ed us. This change in strategy could surely only come from Top and not Rudkin due to the financial implications it would have to KP.

I do believe that we need a dedicated Director of Football and not one that is spread over multiple jobs and enterprises. We need focus and you don't get that being spread so thin.

It's a cluster **** that's for sure and Rodgers is a big part to blame for that.

It's time for some sort of change. I'm not sure who on this list needs to go https://www.lcfc.com/club/senior-management but you can't continue to make stupid decisions and not be accountable.

Even though Rodgers deserves a lot of the blame here, it was terrible man management by Rudkin to allow BR to go from the FA cup defeat at Forest in Jan 22 until late July 22 (just before last season started) believing there were funds to spend and the squad would be rebuilt.

Had they had an open conversation at the end of the season, I think it's quite possible that BR leaves by mutual consent to pursue the Spurs/Chelsea or potentially even Man U job opportunities that with two 5th place finishes and an FA cup, he could have made a strong case for.

Once he threw his toys out of the pram, pretty much anyone (except Dean Smith) could have done a better job than BR did.

I don’t understand why Rudkin has his position at all. The man has no credentials. He worked with the academy, then suddenly became director of football.

People talk about imposter syndrome… but this guy literally is an imposter.

Spuds have announced losses of £225M over the last three years but their stadium has a £72M annual depreciation to take off

Spuds have announced losses of £225M over the last three years but their stadium has a £72M annual depreciation to take off
72m annually in depreciation? What’s it made from, sugar paper?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563