Leicester feud with Premier League over spending rules could spill into next year

I thought our appeal made us look like ****s and that our arguments were pathetic?

The below arguments from the article, certainly.

Leicester are expected to argue that the losses from the 2022-23 season were a result of mitigating circumstances, such as an unforeseen relegation, the “unplanned expenditure” of sacking £8 million-a-year manager Brendan Rodgers, plus an estimated £30 million deficit from finishing 18th in the table.

Sky have just reported that the Premier League have no further right of appeal to this decision

Most Everton fans seem angry at their own club and Forest for not fighting hard enough against their charges. Most Forest fans are angry at Leicester for 'cheating'.

Brilliant stuff.
Didn’t Forest employ the same lawyer to defend them last year?

The extraordinary thing is that we always reported our accounts to the end of May instead of June. We changed this to June the day before our game at Leeds in April 23.

1725393229791.png

The extraordinary thing is that we always reported our accounts to the end of May instead of June. We changed this to June the day before our game at Leeds in April 23.

View attachment 18943

Transferred our Premier League shares to Luton on 13th June, so not bound by their rules after that

Lovely stuff

Just put a fiver on us finishing top half - 55/1.
But don’t you know that Cooper has only won 2 out of his last 569 away games, and that Ricardo isn’t playing?

But don’t you know that Cooper has only won 2 out of his last 569 away games, and that Ricardo isn’t playing?
We don't have to eat smart price reconstituted ham now though.

We can go and get some of that nice, fancy looking ham they leave hanging in the shops in one of those continental supermarchets.

Some of our so called fans should be eating humble pie now, after slating our club and it’s defence .

“The Premier League, which says it is surprised and disappointed, is unlikely to appeal this decision because there is a very high legal bar for them to do so, and this case is unlikely to reach that high bar.”

Some of our so called fans should be eating humble pie now, after slating our club and it’s defence .
Why? It’s laughable really and we’d probably be saying it stunk if it was another club in the position.

For what it’s worth I think the rules are daft anyway and didn’t agree with the principle of Forest or Everton getting a points deduction last season, but that’s another matter.

Am I happy we’ve won the case? Yes absolutely, but we’ve won on a technicality, not because we managed our finances appropriately.

Why? It’s laughable really and we’d probably be saying it stunk if it was another club in the position.

For what it’s worth I think the rules are daft anyway and didn’t agree with the principle of Forest or Everton getting a points deduction last season, but that’s another matter.

Am I happy we’ve won the case? Yes absolutely, but we’ve won on a technicality, not because we managed our finances appropriately.

Spot on

There are plenty of ****wits who will think we are wholly in the right here, instead of exploiting a ridiculous technical loophole due to a poorly drafted regulation

You can’t teach stupid, sadly

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46