Leicester feud with Premier League over spending rules could spill into next year

Plenty of Leeds and Cov fans gonna be fkin livid about now :005: Basically getting relegated had a silver lining after all.......

So as best I can tell the very simple version is:

Premier League are allowed to penalize you for your financial year that ends on June 30th.

Leicester says you can’t assess us for that because for 7 days (June 23 - June 30) we weren’t in your jurisdiction. Maybe we would have found a 100M cheque in our couch cushions on June 26th

Courts side with Leicester.

About the measure of it?
I think it's more along the lines that the the rules state shareholders should submit accounts on 30th June. But we lost our share due to relegation on 13th June, so we cannot submit accounts as we arent a shareholder anymore.

So as best I can tell the very simple version is:

Premier League are allowed to penalize you for your financial year that ends on June 30th.

Leicester says you can’t assess us for that because for 7 days (June 23 - June 30) we weren’t in your jurisdiction. Maybe we would have found a 100M cheque in our couch cushions on June 26th

Courts side with Leicester.

About the measure of it?
Yeah that's about how I see it, although not certain on the dates.

The fact we extended our accounts until end of June is definitely what has saved us.

Although reading though some of the decision, it appears the PL may have 14 days to appeal this appeal:

Screenshot_20240903-195219.png

Next step would be to sue them for damages caused by them openly threatening the club, thereby making it a less than desirable location for potential managers and players this summer.

I'm only half joking. They stitched us up.

Absolutely. Terrible shame this news didn't come a week ago, but we've got to be thankful it's come at all!!

Absolutely. Terrible shame this news didn't come a week ago, but we've got to be thankful it's come at all!!
I don't think it puts us in any stronger buying position as we clearly broke the allowed losses limit, we just got out of it on a technicality.

We'll still have to be cautious for a while yet, as we broke the limit in 22\23, I'm fairly sure we would have done last year too and I can't see us making a fortune this year either.

It's all going to be messy for a while as one of those seasons was in the EFL, where allowed losses are lower, but then we aren't under their jurisdiction now so I don't think we can get punished for that, as long as we stay up.

Most Everton fans seem angry at their own club and Forest for not fighting hard enough against their charges. Most Forest fans are angry at Leicester for 'cheating'.

Brilliant stuff.

I thought our appeal made us look like ****s and that our arguments were pathetic?

I don't think it puts us in any stronger buying position as we clearly broke the allowed losses limit, we just got out of it on a technicality.

We'll still have to be cautious for a while yet, as we broke the limit in 22\23, I'm fairly sure we would have done last year too and I can't see us making a fortune this year either.

It's all going to be messy for a while as one of those seasons was in the EFL, where allowed losses are lower, but then we aren't under their jurisdiction now so I don't think we can get punished for that, as long as we stay up.
technicality inbound regarding the EFL to me thinks. The EFL cannot charge us as we are not in their league and the prem does not have the jurisdiction yo enforce on behalf of another league?

Yeah what's going to be our excuse now when we go down beating Derby's points record?

Hahahahhahaa **** you Premier League you bunch of ****s with your shite ****ing rules you made to basically keep the big clubs at the top of the league.

I just wish we’d spent a load more now.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46