Leicester Prediction League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the table. Sadly for fox58, pork pie fox, and City Fan, they are all OUT of the cup.
Congratulations to the remaining four teams - you are through to the next round (details to follow).

PositionTeamPointsTie breaker score
1​
MUSSWELL_FOX
5​
27​
2​
jb5000
5​
28​
3​
Joe_Fox
2​
21​
4​
Blaarev
0​
11​
5​
fox58
0​
17​
6​
pork pie fox
0​
19​
7​
City Fan
0​
28​

How come I’m not out? Can you explain the tie-breaker scoring system, please?

All welcome.

The scoring system is the same as LPL.

Should Leicester win, the top half of the LPLC table will progress to the next round, the bottom half will be knocked out.

As it's likely that there will be some duplicate predictions, there is a tie breaking system, as described below:

As well as predicting the score after normal time, predict the following:

1. Total number of corners (both teams) in the match during normal time.
2. Minute of first goal scored in the match (by either team) during normal time.
3. Total number of cards (both teams) in the match during normal time (yellow and red).

*Normal time means the 90 minutes plus any added time. It does not include extra time or penalty shoot outs.

The difference between your predictions and reality of all three tie breakers will be added together with the lowest score progressing to the next round (if they are in the top half of the table after tie breaking calculations have been factored in).

If the result is 0-0 then we will have our LPLC champion immediately after the Newcastle United Caraboa Cup match.

Whoever posts their predictions on this thread first gets exclusivity of those predictions. Anyone posting the exact same (4) predictions will not be entered into the competition.

Any entries that are incomplete will not be entered in to the competition.

Best of luck.

Go.

:icon eek::icon rolleyes::tumbleweed:
Well it passes me by, where is the

:clock: ?????

Maybe I overestimated the intelligence of certain posters on here, but surely one can be forgiven to assume that it would be bloody obvious that you can't retrospectively 'predict' scores and other stats. The word 'predict' is defined as follows: "say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something."

Apologies to those competitors who have a grasp of the English language and are probably annoyed at the posters that don't.

On to round two for the four remaining teams. And bad luck to those who feel at the first hurdle. For those that didn't even make it to the first hurdle, a booby prize in the form of a URL for you all: https://www.dictionary.com/

Nice one Jeff. :thumbs up:

I QUOTE ........
.... bloody obvious that you can't retrospectively 'predict' scores and other stats. The word 'predict' is defined as follows: "say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.*

*Which at 10 minutes before kick off I duly did. Brown Nose did it even earlier than myself. BUT if your Australian clock says otherwise, or you can't do a simple calculation that any schoolkid British, Australian, or from Outer Bengogoland could manage to work out, be my guest.

Is it any wonder why no ****er on here treats you seriously when you talk to others in such a condescending way, like a wanker of a boss talks to his staff who think he's a dickhead.

Good luck to you lot still in this competition.

Let’s all boycott (pure coincidence that I’m knocked out!)

Shambles.

Maybe I overestimated the intelligence of certain posters on here, but surely one can be forgiven to assume that it would be bloody obvious that you can't retrospectively 'predict' scores and other stats. The word 'predict' is defined as follows: "say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something."

Apologies to those competitors who have a grasp of the English language and are probably annoyed at the posters that don't.

On to round two for the four remaining teams. And bad luck to those who feel at the first hurdle. For those that didn't even make it to the first hurdle, a booby prize in the form of a URL for you all: https://www.dictionary.com/
This might be the most beautiful post ever on this site purely for its solid gold unintentional irony.

You missed the cut off time I'm afraid.
And all the following shambles could have been avoided without that post. If my understanding of the scoring system is correct, both Brown Nose and Funky Fox would have been out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363