Match Thread Leicester v Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albrighton and Justin have been a breath of fresh air. Ndidi and Praet both very good. Evans and Ricardo good as usual. Maddison has been a bit of a passenger and Iheanacho hasn't been involved a lot. Over all it's been a very good show after a shakey first few minutes. I'm glad we got the goal we deserved as you wonder if we'd have been made to pay for all the missed set piece chances we've had...

Thanks the Reina making an arse of it there wasn't enough praise for that move from Sky. Absolutely ****ing superb ball and a calmness from Barnes that I wouldn't expect. Both the touch past the keeper and finish were cool as ****, well done that lad.

I think it is also worth mentioning Mr James Justin. Does Ben Chilwell need some competition?
Justin has been brilliant that first half. His work rate and understanding with barnes has created a number of openings. Finally a half of football that we can be proud of... Evans was unlucky with his chance... Caps couldn't keep his header down and nacho just snatched at his chance. Should be atleast 3 up at half time.

Much improved, I'm feeling a touch more relaxed about this. Villa really are rubbish but we've got them under control. We deserve the lead even if we've got Reina to thank for it.

Praet robbing Grealish on the touchline was magical!

Edit: yes, Justin has been excellent. Doesn't look at all out of place.

Albrighton has been fantastic as have Ndidi and Justin. Iheanacho has been really poor. I'm really not buying this 'Maddison has been a passenger' stuff. I think he has been excellent. Some of his passing and movement has been sublime and he has created lots from little. He's also been challenging for the ball more. Okay, he's been off his game for a few weeks of late but tonight I think he's really doing all the right things.

Chris Sutton says we just about deserve to be in front.

Granted we are still no where near our best, there has only really been one team in it so far.

Hopefully the lead will give us confidence to go and finish this off - crowd could do with turning it up a few notches too.

How does Albrighton get in the side , he's finished etc. Etc.

Idiots

Thirty odd minutes of tippy tippy shite followed finally by a bit of bloody forward looking effort.

More of the last ten mins please, less of the horse shit

They are complete cack at the back - put em under pressure and we could get four or five

Like a library here, unfortunately

Marc Albrighton now has as many Premier League assists as Muzzy Izzet for Leicester City, with 26.

Only Riyad Mahrez (27), Jamie Vardy (28) and Steve Guppy (34) have more for the club.

Meanwhile, with three goals and one assist, Harvey Barnes has been involved in four goals his last four home Premier League games.

Great stat and delighted for Albrighton that he’s getting a go. Assist midweek as well, of course.

But this should also go in the Vardy appreciation thread. Not just a goalscorer, and another element to his game that won’t be recognised by wider supporters.

How does Albrighton get in the side , he's finished etc. Etc.

Idiots

Thirty odd minutes of tippy tippy shite followed finally by a bit of bloody forward looking effort.

More of the last ten mins please, less of the horse shit

They are complete cack at the back - put em under pressure and we could get four or five

Like a library here, unfortunately
No it isn't. I can hear the Villa fans loud and clear...

Ahhh Nacho should have scored again!

Actually, on reply, he should have just teed Maddison up.

Either way, should really be 2 nil.

What was all that tapping around shit near our own area? Bollocks to that.

Get Iheanacho off. He's ****ing appalling. He looks like a celebrity on Soccer Aid.

Albrighton has been fantastic as have Ndidi and Justin. Iheanacho has been really poor. I'm really not buying this 'Maddison has been a passenger' stuff. I think he has been excellent. Some of his passing and movement has been sublime and he has created lots from little. He's also been challenging for the ball more. Okay, he's been off his game for a few weeks of late but tonight I think he's really doing all the right things.

Maddison has been excellent second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566