Match Thread Leicester v Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be too long until we have the front partnesrhip that we have been waiting so much for.
Slimani and Iheanacho. Hopefully Pérez can link up with them. Yes!

We're doing **** all.

Just no urgency.

Has no ****er got it in them to show a bit of ****ing urgency and use the ball?

Fofana looks a class act.

Castagne doing well against the diver who is not tracking back so if we're clever, there is a free man every time we break. We haven't made them pay for this yet but we should,

On the other side, Barnes has Cash all day but, as usual, just doesn't seem to believe it enough. If only he had a bit more courage.

Villa are a lot better than they were last season but they have gaping holes in their side still. Their defensive passing is diabolical and we will get chances. Iheanacho having one of those 'almost' games. He needs a break of the ball.

The two obvious switches after an hour are Maddison for Praet and Under for Perez.

They are nothing - get Maddison on and open them up

Impressed with Fofana. I think Nacho did well but faded as Villa grew into the game in that last 15-20. Perez out wide is a waste of time, if we never gonna play him as CF - get rid. Get Albright on on for Perez and Maddison on for Tielemans who has been very sloppy today.

watched the first 40minutes on a hooky stream. conclusions.
Fofana is makingly an insanely confident and all round debut at centre half.
Castagne, Praet, Barnes, Mendy and Nacho look dangerous
Perez and Tielemans might be the ones who need to give way in the second half if Under, Maddison or Slimani get a roll of the dice.

A couple of half chances from us and not a single shot from them

It was very poor

We have conceded first half goals in our last three matches. One of our centre backs in on his debut and can't speak English. The other is patched together with sellotape to play his fifth match in two weeks.

We're missing half our best line up. In that context, 0-0 at half time with us having the better chances is fine by me.

I think we'll be better second half and have options to change it. Villa have all their best players and all their best options on the pitch.

If we'd got our best players fully fit then maybe criticise that first half. But given what we're up against with fitness, that was a solid performance.

We have conceded first half goals in our last three matches. One of our centre backs in on his debut and can't speak English. The other is patched together with sellotape to play his fifth match in two weeks.

We're missing half our best line up. In that context, 0-0 at half time with us having the better chances is fine by me.

I think we'll be better second half and have options to change it. Villa have all their best players and all their best options on the pitch.

If we'd got our best players fully fit then maybe criticise that first half. But given what we're up against with fitness, that was a solid performance.
BN

If we had a full team we would have taken this lot apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263